Shopping Discussion

getting contact lenses from costco? (ontario)

• Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2017 3:10 pm
Aug 13, 2015
6 posts

getting contact lenses from costco? (ontario)

I never had contact lenses before and i was just wondering what steps to take. i want to get it from costco cause we have a membership there and apparently it's cheaper.

do i need to get an eye exam? or just a contact lens fitting? i have a glasses prescription that is less than a year old, do i need that?

what fees do i have to pay if ever i need an exam?

i went to costco warden yesterday but they were busy.
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7844 posts
8792 upvotes
yshaness wrote: I never had contact lenses before and i was just wondering what steps to take. i want to get it from costco cause we have a membership there and apparently it's cheaper.

do i need to get an eye exam? or just a contact lens fitting? i have a glasses prescription that is less than a year old, do i need that?

i went to costco warden yesterday but they were busy.
Just bring your prescription and they will take care of the rest. Once your prescription is more than 2 years old, you can get a new one by booking an appointment with your optometrist. You can book with Costco's optometrist if they have one at your location.
Sep 30, 2001
30160 posts
10147 upvotes
Toronto
yshaness wrote: do i need to get an eye exam? or just a contact lens fitting? i have a glasses prescription that is less than a year old, do i need that?

You most definitely need your eye glass prescription. They will go through the fitting process with you.

If you need an exam down the road you'll need to pay for it at the ophthalmologist. They're about $100 depending on where you go
Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27801 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
A fitting for eyeglasses is different than for contacts (eye surface measurements needed, as well as a tear test... To see what types of contacts your eyes will tolerate best... Hard, Soft, Permeable, Everyday, etc). Check the prescription from your eye doctor... Some fill out both sections when they write it up... Some do not if they asked you during the exam about contacts and you said NO at that time.

Most places that sell eyewear (including contacts) have access to an Eye Doctor you can make an appointment with... Costs run around $ 100.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)