• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2014 11:55 am
Tags:
None
Feb 22, 2010
241 posts
2 upvotes

Getting a dealer license in ontario?

Does anyone know what the process is to get a dealer license in ontario? anyone know how much it costs? i just want the license so i can get into auctions.
4 replies
Deal Addict
May 7, 2008
1061 posts
3 upvotes
Go here...Click then click on the top left "Dealer Registration Kit", once you meet all the requirements, have a GST, and PST number, a location that is zoned for an auto dealer, provide a copy of the lease for the premises, provide a copy of the zoning letter from the municipality, have exterior signage, you will hopefully get a dealer's license in 90 days.

Once you have the dealer license, then you can register at the auctions, by providing a credit reference from your bank. Then you can buy all the cars you want.

Or pay a fee to someone that is a dealer, to buy all the cars you want on your behalf!
Sep 17, 2011
24 posts
3 upvotes
HAMILTON
AGR-1 wrote: Go here...Click then click on the top left "Dealer Registration Kit", once you meet all the requirements, have a GST, and PST number, a location that is zoned for an auto dealer, provide a copy of the lease for the premises, provide a copy of the zoning letter from the municipality, have exterior signage, you will hopefully get a dealer's license in 90 days.

Once you have the dealer license, then you can register at the auctions, by providing a credit reference from your bank. Then you can buy all the cars you want.

Or pay a fee to someone that is a dealer, to buy all the cars you want on your behalf!

Hi AGR,
For new applicant with the certificate from CAI and applying for`` Export`` category only does he still need GST and PST since not selling here in Ontario? I have my master business registration and bank info with my business name. Pertaining to zoning, I think it will eventually be needed for parking/storage, it may not be needed during application processing. But categories like `` general new and used dealers and wholesaler absolutely need it. Please correct me if i'm wrong for rules may have changed. Hope u reply..
Dec 25, 2003
280 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Old thread, I know, but anyone know what kind of insurance rates a car dealer pays in Toronto? I always see the guys with dealer plates driving around.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)