• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2012 10:23 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 24, 2007
52 posts
11 upvotes

Getting Diamond Engagement Ring

Can someone suggest a place in YVR area or online that sell great value diamond/engagement ring? I have looked at Blue Nile but was wondering if they sell good quality diamonds. My girlfriend does not like Canadian diamond but I'm on a tight budget and would hope to find a place that sells discount quality diamonds. I know that sounds oxymoron but sometimes I walk by stores that have the sign that says "Closing soon, 75% off" and they are usually half empty. I'm just wondering how do people find out that they are having a close-out sale?
6 replies
Apr 24, 2012
8 posts
1 upvote
To be honest, a diamond is an extra-hard rock that reflects like glass...
If you really care about quality diamond (or your gf), I recommend getting only diamonds certified by GIA, no others.
Just read into GIA grading system and you can decide what quality of a diamond you are looking for.
That being said, you want to look into retail jewellers instead of brand ones, because brand names will charge you extra for the same GIA grade diamonds.
Nov 19, 2011
8 posts
TORONTO
I had a great experience with JAMES ALLEN. They're an online store, like Blue Nile, and they have very good prices. They also offer free shipping and other perks. I think you will definitely get a better deal online that you would at a store. Not to mention all sorts of perks.
Diamonds can be tricky. You need to ask lots of questions and make sure you don't get ripped off. People tend to overpay for diamonds. Especially at stores. salespeople can be really pushy and annoying. That's another reason I prefer online shopping. NO pushy salesperson with an agenda!
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
475 posts
35 upvotes
Yes, bluenile.com is good for buying diamond engagement rings. Also you can buy diamond engagement rings from jamesallen.com, diamond.com and myjewelrybox.com.
Jun 18, 2008
840 posts
48 upvotes
Just bought my gf an engagement ring from blue nile, the savings are unreal compared to name brand stores like Tiffany's.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2007
1332 posts
639 upvotes
North York
choch wrote:
Aug 12th, 2012 2:03 pm
Just bought my gf an engagement ring from blue nile, the savings are unreal compared to name brand stores like Tiffany's.
fenghsulin wrote:
Aug 8th, 2012 1:51 pm
To be honest, a diamond is an extra-hard rock that reflects like glass...
If you really care about quality diamond (or your gf), I recommend getting only diamonds certified by GIA, no others.
Just read into GIA grading system and you can decide what quality of a diamond you are looking for.
That being said, you want to look into retail jewellers instead of brand ones, because brand names will charge you extra for the same GIA grade diamonds.
Do you care where the dimonad is sourced from? If yes, do not buy GIA. GIA is only a world wide know lab that grades the diamonds but you have NO WAY of telling there the diamonds are from... IF you care about not to get a blood diamond, go with brand names like Cartier and Tiffany. Their diamonds all go through Kimberley process to eliminate blood diamonds and you read more about it on their websites. I didn't want to go with brand names to save money but I ended up with Tiffany cuz I don't want to buy a blood diamond. Another option is Canadian diamond!

bluenile is a great website if you just want GIA diamonds
× < >