Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
1260 posts
340 upvotes
London

getting doubly subscribed to threads

Two recent threads I've posted in are each listed twice under "My subscriptions". (how can you subscribe twice?)

Also, I thought I had config options set at one time to default my posts to 'don't notify', yet 'auto subscribe'. (i.e. just appear in the subscription list, with notifying)
I see that each time a post is made, there is selection box on the edit page where under My Notifications you can choose ON or OFF.
ON seems the default.
Is there a way to have OFF be the default?
10 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8503 posts
12861 upvotes
Scarborough
arisk wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 8:24 am
Two recent threads I've posted in are each listed twice under "My subscriptions". (how can you subscribe twice?)

Also, I thought I had config options set at one time to default my posts to 'don't notify', yet 'auto subscribe'. (i.e. just appear in the subscription list, with notifying)
I see that each time a post is made, there is selection box on the edit page where under My Notifications you can choose ON or OFF.
ON seems the default.
Is there a way to have OFF be the default?
Do the duplicates have the same thread ID numbers? Can you post or PM me a screenshot?
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
1260 posts
340 upvotes
London
Here is a capture of my subscription page.
I don't know how to determine "thread ID numbers".
Images
  • rfd_sub.jpg
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8503 posts
12861 upvotes
Scarborough
arisk wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 9:26 am
Here is a capture of my subscription page.
I don't know how to determine "thread ID numbers".
Thanks I've sent it over to a dev to take a look at. Thread ID's are just the # at the end of the thread's URL. This threads thread ID is 2133737 for example.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8503 posts
12861 upvotes
Scarborough
@arisk looks like it is a general issue which affects all users. A fix is being put out today which should resolve the issue. I'll post an update once that's been pushed out.
Administrator
Dec 5, 2007
74 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for reporting this!

We’ve fixed it and also cleaned up any duplicate subscriptions.
RFD Developer
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
1260 posts
340 upvotes
London
It's back, plus if I post and choose no notification from the options, I get a notification anyways.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8503 posts
12861 upvotes
Scarborough
arisk wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 10:22 am
It's back, plus if I post and choose no notification from the options, I get a notification anyways.
We're looking into it.
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2006
2954 posts
186 upvotes
500 Internal Server Error
nginx/1.10.3 (Ubuntu)
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Administrator
Mar 8, 2015
58 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto, ON
arisk wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 10:22 am
Sorry about that. I've just released a fix that should prevent this from happening going forward; as for the dupes that were already created, I'm going to find and remove them tonight when the traffic is lower, because the operation could impact performance. If you can't wait until tomorrow, you can manually remove them on your subscriptions page.
sandeeS wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 12:49 pm
500 Internal Server Error
nginx/1.10.3 (Ubuntu)
DDoS attack, unrelated to subscribed threads. http://forums.redflagdeals.com/oct-30-s ... p-2138166/
For inquiries, please message TomRFD.
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2006
2954 posts
186 upvotes
dsinnyp wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 4:04 pm
Sorry about that. I've just released a fix that should prevent this from happening going forward; as for the dupes that were already created, I'm going to find and remove them tonight when the traffic is lower, because the operation could impact performance. If you can't wait until tomorrow, you can manually remove them on your subscriptions page.

DDoS attack, unrelated to subscribed threads. http://forums.redflagdeals.com/oct-30-s ... p-2138166/
dont matter as it will be read by moderator. That is why I posted. And it was at least 20-30 mts before this. The thread was created at Oct 30th, 2017 11:54 am and I had problems before that time. I have no time to create thread as by the time mods read it the problem will be solved.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017