Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
4465 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto

Getting Ear Piercings in MARKHAM

Hi there! I'm not sure this is where the topic belongs but it was my best bet so here it goes.

I'm a male and I was planning to get my ear lobes pierced. I'm only a teen so it's well within my age range to get them. My question was where is a good place in Markham to get them pierced? I don't want to use those guns, I know manually it costs more but that's a price I don't mind paying.

Also, is there any health or safety concerns that I should know about? I have no allergies to nickel or anything.

And for anyone who's interested, I already got my earrings picked out. They look something like these:

[IMG]http://i.ebayimg.com/23/!BT9+t)gBmk~$(KGrHgoOKigEjlLmJg8nBKLKUFhbfw~~_1.JPG[/IMG]

Merci! :razz:
18 replies
Nov 22, 2007
226 posts
yeah..where can I find similar ones?

pmall?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
4465 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
I'm not sure. I actually got mine off of eBay. ;)
Jul 2, 2006
860 posts
whats wrong with using a gun? quick and easy.
you should ask the people there for health and safety concerns.
i have mine since grade 8 and theres really no health issues on my part, maybe a little allergic to nickel? but im a sensitive person.
as for safety just take them off when you do sports if worry that much.
and i've never seen somone going straight to a hoop/loop, maybe you can do that if you have it pierced by hand.
Nov 22, 2007
226 posts
Nook wrote: I'm not sure. I actually got mine off of eBay. ;)
do you still have the site?
tm10 wrote: whats wrong with using a gun? quick and easy.
you should ask the people there for health and safety concerns.
i have mine since grade 8 and theres really no health issues on my part, maybe a little allergic to nickel? but im a sensitive person.
as for safety just take them off when you do sports if worry that much.
and i've never seen somone going straight to a hoop/loop, maybe you can do that if you have it pierced by hand.
+1
Jul 15, 2008
748 posts
662 upvotes
Calgary
tm10 wrote: whats wrong with using a gun? quick and easy.
Gun is a puncture wound. It's like ripping a hole into your ear and forcing the earring inside it. A hollow needle takes out an appropriate amount of skin for the earring.
Dec 3, 2004
793 posts
8 upvotes
Go to New Tribes in downtown right across from the MuchMusic building, that's where I got mine and I highly recommend them.

Extremely clean and friendly environment. To pierce your lobe I think it's about $30. They only use needles.
Mar 24, 2009
32 posts
11 upvotes
ji_hyun_jun wrote: Gun is a puncture wound. It's like ripping a hole into your ear and forcing the earring inside it. A hollow needle takes out an appropriate amount of skin for the earring.
Not to mention guns can't be sterilized properly. Needles are only used once then thrown away.

But I had my lobes done with a gun 10+ years back. Carl Baker Visage at Scarborough Town Centre. Eh it was alright. My skin is tr
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6424 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
code85 wrote: go to new tribes in downtown right across from the muchmusic building, that's where i got mine and i highly recommend them.

Extremely clean and friendly environment. To pierce your lobe i think it's about $30. They only use needles.
+1
Jun 12, 2009
67 posts
5 upvotes
Go to Stinger Tattoo. It's in Richmond Hill. I got my lobes done with a needle and it didn't hurt at all.
Dec 31, 1969
i got all three of my piercings done at pmall. two of them were on my cartilidge. all guns all under 5 bucks, no infections :)
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
4465 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
dokie wrote: do you still have the site?

+1
Yeah I think the site was: http://myworld.ebay.ca/cherisher2008/

But a person at my school has the EXACT same ones. He said he got them from Pacific Mall. That may be easier to access for you.

As for the piercings, I think I'll head to New Tribes in downtown (as two people suggested it) to the work done. :)
Sep 18, 2008
353 posts
1 upvote
question regarding needle piercing , if you get your ear lobe done by needle are you able to insert the ear ring of choice as in diamond stud immediately? or do you still have to wait 6 weeks after before you can do such?
Nov 22, 2007
226 posts
trisle604 wrote: question regarding needle piercing , if you get your ear lobe done by needle are you able to insert the ear ring of choice as in diamond stud immediately? or do you still have to wait 6 weeks after before you can do such?
when I did mine in montreal...you normally choose a stud first..don't take it off until 5-6 weeks (the told me that 2-3 weeks was fine but the longer the better).
Sep 18, 2008
353 posts
1 upvote
dokie wrote: when I did mine in montreal...you normally choose a stud first..don't take it off until 5-6 weeks (the told me that 2-3 weeks was fine but the longer the better).
darn , I was hoping if you get the needle way you can use your own stud :(
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
4465 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
trisle604 wrote: darn , I was hoping if you get the needle way you can use your own stud :(
You can I think. It's just that you gotta keep that same one in for a long period of time.
Jan 17, 2007
542 posts
20 upvotes
Yeah. I got my piercings done at new tribe as well on Queen.
They are awesome there.