Careers

Getting a job with the Ontario public service?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2017 12:15 am
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1398 posts
416 upvotes
Hero88 wrote:
Jun 18th, 2017 5:53 pm
A EC06 tops out at 107258 currently.

I'd like to see some proof from that poster saying the OPS paying 20K more.

Looks like 100K or 107K in some cases.

https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?JobID=99192&

https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?JobID=99602

I've talked to a senior policy analyst in the Federal Public Service who says he considered OPS jobs but it paid way less. Seems like misinformation being spread about 20K more pay.

Proof?
Proof? Years of experience in both the Federal and Provincial Government.
May 19, 2016
34 posts
18 upvotes
Also not sure where people are getting this 20k figure from. Pretty easy to search the sunshine list for "Senior Policy" in the OPS and see that most senior policy advisors make between $100-110k, well in the range of an EC-06 and below the max for an EC-07.
Jun 26, 2017
7 posts
Do temp OPS contracts have to be advertised though competition cia their website or is it possible to go from staffing agency temp (with the OPS) to OPS temp directly?
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2013
1751 posts
384 upvotes
Toronto
WantToWorkForTheMan wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 5:08 pm
Do temp OPS contracts have to be advertised though competition cia their website or is it possible to go from staffing agency temp (with the OPS) to OPS temp directly?
Yes to both. For staffing it, Marberg and HR Associates to name some.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2008
1687 posts
265 upvotes
Brampton
Oct 9th, 2017 5:08 pm
It can be done through their website or through an agency like the other poster mentioned. Altishr is another agency that is good with Ontario Govt jobs, register with all 3 and you have a great chance of landing something.
Jun 26, 2017
7 posts
Thanks for the replies,
I've already had a few contracts though mentioned firms and am currently getting contracts of increased length.
Looking to cut out the middleman and gather seniority to be able to become perm one day.

(and I really like working there too)
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2013
1751 posts
384 upvotes
Toronto
Oct 12th, 2017 7:51 pm
Thanks for the replies,
I've already had a few contracts though mentioned firms and am currently getting contracts of increased length.
Looking to cut out the middleman and gather seniority to be able to become perm one day.

(and I really like working there too)
Nice and congrats.