None
[OP]
Penalty Box
Aug 21, 2008
546 posts
45 upvotes
Ottawa

Getting out of warranty addon on new car

Signed for a new car recently and had one of the extented warranties included. I havent taken delivery or anything yet so I assume it shouldnt be an issue having this removed?
30 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
8685 posts
1043 upvotes
Keep it, it is better to have it. Unless you are leasing.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Aug 21, 2008
546 posts
45 upvotes
Ottawa
Its a 3 year tire rim hazard warranty. Its 350. Mind you im getting 19 in performance tires but im still not really convinced its worth it. I would need to basically have 2 blow outs for it to have paid for it self. Might be better to just put that towards a clear bra to protect from rock chips ect or save the money.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Aug 21, 2008
546 posts
45 upvotes
Ottawa
I cant go in until tuesday but I am just wondering if they could legally try to force me to keep it. Mind you the salesman did say that before I signed i could go either wayand he would still give the other free addons I got. I also put a clause in where if i find insurance rates too high I can opt out and he verbally multiple times said I could get my deposit back. I just want to know legally where exactly warranties stand for cancelation after signing.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
25081 posts
9974 upvotes
Toronto
If you hit a pothole and crack the rim, then it's worth it to get the warranty. If it's simple curb rash, dealer will not replace the rim, dealer will simply send it out and have it re-surfaced. Typically, $100 range charged by 3rd party.

As for tires, if you are getting aftermarket tires, the tires are not included in the warranty, because it's no longer come with the original stock. Unless you are buying these aftermarket tires from the dealer, then in this case, it is covered.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Aug 21, 2008
546 posts
45 upvotes
Ottawa
I am getting the accord coupe v6 hfp with the 19 inch tire included in the hfp kit. No aftermarket
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
25081 posts
9974 upvotes
Toronto
the Michelin PSS is about $350 a piece if I am not mistaken, therefore, 1 blown tire and you already got your money back. I believe those honda oem wheels are probably in the $300 range as well.

Therefore, you have a bit of decision making to do for the next few days.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Aug 21, 2008
546 posts
45 upvotes
Ottawa
He said it covers the winters as well. I got him to throw in a set of winter 17 inch on rims for free. so maybe worth leaving on?

I only had 1 tire go flat in 8 years on my civic.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 25, 2003
9127 posts
261 upvotes
Is there any deductible that you have you pay ? Also do they prorate the tire usage too?
it's me ramin.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Aug 21, 2008
546 posts
45 upvotes
Ottawa
No deductible or proration I aware of. Good for 3 year but I think there needs to be a minimum tread left
Deal Fanatic
Oct 25, 2003
9127 posts
261 upvotes
Go for it. They're 19 in wheels. The sidewall is going to be thin. 45? 40 profile tire? One large pothole at speed and there's going to be a tire bulge/bubble for sure.
it's me ramin.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 25, 2003
9127 posts
261 upvotes
booblehead wrote:
Jun 28th, 2013 10:34 pm
the Michelin PSS is about $350 a piece if I am not mistaken, therefore, 1 blown tire and you already got your money back. I believe those honda oem wheels are probably in the $300 range as well.

Therefore, you have a bit of decision making to do for the next few days.
Damn the HFP kit comes with Michelin PSSs?
it's me ramin.