Computers & Electronics

Getting pass the lame Ytube commercials...

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2015 6:32 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean

Getting pass the lame Ytube commercials...

K, it used to be ytube gave u the option of skipping commercials before the actual vid. Now they have the lame 30-60s commercials and no option to bypass them.. Is there any way to around that in settings or whatnot or do u have to bear with them from now on?? Sooo annoying... > :(
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
39 replies
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
3681 posts
2388 upvotes
Mississauga
Install adblock.

There are a few versions floating around to read the review of the publisher you choose.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
bubuski wrote: Install adblock.

There are a few versions floating around to read the review of the publisher you choose.
I have ad block, APB, and ghostery installed in chrome browser. Doesnt work becuz the commercial is part of the vid. They must realize 99% of the peeps click skip ad now they make them non-skippable. Argh!!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 13, 2005
7766 posts
165 upvotes
Ad block..... The only time I see YouTube ads is when I use Apple TV
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Seems the fastest way to get rid of them is to refresh the page. The ad disappears and the real vid plays, hmm.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
I think all you fonts are thinking of separate individual ads running on ytube. No, these are commercials within the vid. They play b4 the actual vid. Dont think any add-on or plug-in gets rid of those. Guess refreshing is the fastest way... skips the commercial and plays the direct vid. But thanx for trying... ;)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
6089 posts
4352 upvotes
aznnorth wrote: I think all you fonts are thinking of separate individual ads running on ytube. No, these are commercials within the vid. They play b4 the actual vid. Dont think any add-on or plug-in gets rid of those. Guess refreshing is the fastest way... skips the commercial and plays the direct vid. But thanx for trying... ;)
Nope. Those add-ons will block all ads and commercials.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
hvwozq wrote: Nope. Those add-ons will block all ads and commercials.
K, I take your word on it. Added chrome extensions for ublock orin and privacy badger... Let's see how this goes. Thanx guys...
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
13375 posts
8306 upvotes
Brampton
Depending on your router and if you have 3rd party firmware on it you can use a host file to block all ads.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
hvwozq wrote: Nope. Those add-ons will block all ads and commercials.
Doesnt work!! Tried several vids and the commercials still appear. Like I said ytube must have figured it out. Only way to skip them is refresh the screen after about 5-6 sec in. I find if you do it too soon the commercials replay themselves over and over. > :(
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
tebore wrote: Depending on your router and if you have 3rd party firmware on it you can use a host file to block all ads.
Again these are not standalone ads. They are the embedded commercials in a youtube vid prior to the real vid. Before it gave you the option to skip ad but not anymore. The only way is to refresh the screen after like 5-6 sec or so... :(
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Example. Play the following vid. You see a 30 sec trailer ad for The Perfect Guy. Then it actually plays the lame wendy williams vid. Trying to skip that ad. The option to skip ad is not given anymore. wtf...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zOhCWr9lPQ
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
13375 posts
8306 upvotes
Brampton
aznnorth wrote: Again these are not standalone ads. They are the embedded commercials in a youtube vid prior to the real vid. Before it gave you the option to skip ad but not anymore. The only way is to refresh the screen after like 5-6 sec or so... :(

Pssh you think I don't know that. You can block it in the host file as well. The ad stream servers are different than the video server.

Actually sorry. It's not a host file anymore. I'm using the proxy server method. Well it still uses the host file downloads but privoxy to filter it out.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
aznnorth wrote: Example. Play the following vid. You see a 30 sec trailer ad for The Perfect Guy. Then it actually plays the lame wendy williams vid. Trying to skip that ad. The option to skip ad is not given anymore. wtf...

I see zero ads on that video using ublock
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
george__ wrote: I see zero ads on that video using ublock
I have ublock, ad block, ghostery, APB, privacy badger and still see it on chrome. I think when you embed it outside of youtube the ads disappear. I dont see it here either but I saw it within ytube itself. Pick any vevo music vid and you shud see the ads within ytube. Not all vids have ads of course.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
638 upvotes
NORTH YORK
aznnorth wrote: Example. Play the following vid. You see a 30 sec trailer ad for The Perfect Guy. Then it actually plays the lame wendy williams vid. Trying to skip that ad. The option to skip ad is not given anymore. wtf...

Ok I just downloaded the 2nd video of 2:15 min under Linuxmint (command youtube-dl). I waited until the trailer ad was gone and 2nd one was being played. Then I copied the url for downloading it. It can be done but with a lot of hassle.
People can record say 5 -10 video afterwards. Then they can be stitched together
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2008
4420 posts
313 upvotes
Toronto
Try admuncher. I don't believe I have seen a commercial unless I was on my phone/tablet/media box.
Nothing to see here...keep looking.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
6089 posts
4352 upvotes
There's probably something wrong with your settings. I never see any ads.
Go to uBlock's settings, choose the Filters you want and then update the Filters.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)