• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2019 2:31 pm
Jun 29, 2011
212 posts
58 upvotes
NEPEAN
f1v12 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 9:14 pm
I'm hoping to do this soon as well, have you completed the port-in successfully? Thanks for the help!
Yes I did a few days ago successfully.
Sep 2, 2013
1 posts
Ottawa
Zork1984 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 2:43 pm
Yes I did a few days ago successfully.
Ive been reading telus/koodo threads for hours!
wondering if its still working for Telus.
I ported my ON Number to a sask plan last year by talking to a rep.
This time around im trying to add a line for the wife on my plan. I got a sask plan with a regina nimber but unable to port her ON line onto it.
Chat person totally shut me down too-
Gonna try after hours as suggeated in other threads.
Anyone have any other suggestions?
Mar 2, 2008
128 posts
1 upvote
Sharkspoiler wrote:
Feb 1st, 2019 11:31 pm
Ive been reading telus/koodo threads for hours!
wondering if its still working for Telus.
I ported my ON Number to a sask plan last year by talking to a rep.
This time around im trying to add a line for the wife on my plan. I got a sask plan with a regina nimber but unable to port her ON line onto it.
Chat person totally shut me down too-
Gonna try after hours as suggeated in other threads.
Anyone have any other suggestions?
I did it last week - porting an ON number to a quebec plan. I did it online via Self Serve -> Mobile Services -> Manage your phone number.
Oct 11, 2016
166 posts
27 upvotes
yydd4567 wrote:
Dec 30th, 2018 10:34 am
Did anyone try ordering a new sim, with an Ontario in-market plan, but QC number? (BYOD)
Just letting you know I did this (See above) and it worked. In fact when I received activation they already put me on the QC Plan along with the QC number. So it worked well and was simple.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6524 posts
152 upvotes
Vancouver
I trust this thread might become more active now that Telus doubled the increase of their $60/10 GB plan.

For whatever reason, Koodo is immune to these plan increases.
Dec 26, 2017
13 posts
2 upvotes
I just got my number changed to QC as well.. The Koodo rep did it over the phone for me lol... Now I have to wait till my bill cycles...
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2004
1395 posts
170 upvotes
Toronto
Pavel wrote:
Feb 9th, 2019 8:38 am
I trust this thread might become more active now that Telus doubled the increase of their $60/10 GB plan.

For whatever reason, Koodo is immune to these plan increases.

Yeah, its annoying as I left Koodo to goto Telus when all the 60/10 plans came along. Now with the increase in price, and I dont use 10GB Im looking to keep the plan prices down, but want to be on the Telus/Bell network. Does this QC thing still work? Do I follow steps in the second post?

thanks people
Last edited by psxp on Feb 15th, 2019 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2004
1395 posts
170 upvotes
Toronto
hvwozq wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 11:29 am
QC 10 GB plan is $66/month. Not good right now.
ah yes, but theres an 8 GB for $56. Or should I just wait and see if there's new offers in March? I'm in no rush.. but havent been following the pricing trends for a while.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6524 posts
152 upvotes
Vancouver
hvwozq wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 11:29 am
QC 10 GB plan is $66/month. Not good right now. You might as well stay on TELUS, get 5 GB more, possibly VVM, and better customer service for $4 more.
Dont do that unless you tether or go close to your allotment.

Telus is pushing the $70/15 GB plan to those people who are easily swayed by the "more must be best" thinking. I am ditching Telus...and we should all do the same. Also, write to them in inb their feedback section and tell them how you feel.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2018
1132 posts
735 upvotes
SFO <==> YYZ
Savings is savings. If you don't absolutely need 15GB, don't pay more thinking "oh I'm getting a better deal". You're not.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2004
1395 posts
170 upvotes
Toronto
Pavel wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 1:19 pm
Dont do that unless you tether or go close to your allotment.

Telus is pushing the $70/15 GB plan to those people who are easily swayed by the "more must be best" thinking. I am ditching Telus...and we should all do the same. Also, write to them in inb their feedback section and tell them how you feel.
Totally agree. I have a backup phone (work) if I need more data etc. but I prefer to have a personal phone for my surfing/streaming etc. 8GB would be enough based on my usage and reasonable at that price point. I have a cancelled SIM on Koodo, which apparently I still can have reactivated (its less than 90 days) - Will cost $10 to activate SIM, then I can choose the cheap Ontario plan, and then go from there I guess to switch to a QC number and then port in another ON number later
Apr 3, 2008
58 posts
6 upvotes
I just activated a new line for my family, changed to QC number, and now it's new billing cycle, however when I clicked the change my plan button, it says 'You can’t change your plan or add-on’s within 14 days of activating or upgrading your phone. Please try again after the 14 day period is over to make this change.'

anyone knows what's going on?
Rogers Corp350+6GB
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6524 posts
152 upvotes
Vancouver
cly1025 wrote:
Feb 18th, 2019 12:19 pm
I just activated a new line for my family, changed to QC number, and now it's new billing cycle, however when I clicked the change my plan button, it says 'You can’t change your plan or add-on’s within 14 days of activating or upgrading your phone. Please try again after the 14 day period is over to make this change.'

anyone knows what's going on?
If you just activated a new line, you can't be in a new billing cycle. You should be able to move after you have entered your new billing cycle. I would check your dates.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

itoothache