Getting QC Plan and Number on Koodo in Toronto

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2018 6:15 pm
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
3711 posts
484 upvotes
Oakville
Damn, I finally got a quebec number put onto one of my new lines, BUT now I don't have the option of changing the plan until December 29th. GAAAAHHH

I just want to make sure this is correct -

If I change my number, I cannot change the plan until the next bill? or is this some sort of glitch?
11 Bell Lines w/ 180GB shared, Unlimited Canada Wide Minutes (2 with Unlimited N.A Calling & Roaming) $720 / month ($65.45 each, 16.36gb each shared)
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2324 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
If your willing to keep the QC number, pretty much you can go with any carrier.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
3711 posts
484 upvotes
Oakville
AzNCrAzYcOoLeR wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 12:49 pm
If your willing to keep the QC number, pretty much you can go with any carrier.
no I'm not willing to keep a QC number I figured - QC number - number change, port in Bell number
11 Bell Lines w/ 180GB shared, Unlimited Canada Wide Minutes (2 with Unlimited N.A Calling & Roaming) $720 / month ($65.45 each, 16.36gb each shared)
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2324 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
x-batman wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 1:18 pm
no I'm not willing to keep a QC number I figured - QC number - number change, port in Bell number
the reply was for the OP, but just realized the thread is a month+ old
Oct 11, 2013
86 posts
7 upvotes
Markham, ON
kabyLake wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 9:19 am
Least they will do is switch you to an Ontario plan (hardly doubt it).
Thanks. Another question. I changed the number to a QC number and switched to a QC plan a few days ago, but now when I go to port in my number, I get a message saying number changes can only be done every 90 days. What can I do now? The billing cycle ends on December 24.
Koodo $35 Unlimited Canada-Wide Calling With 1GB Data
Jun 12, 2016
472 posts
150 upvotes
Mississauga
Is the Koodo 1GB student bonus still around? If so, what is the best way to add it without triggering ON account being flagged on QC plan?
Banned
Aug 22, 2017
367 posts
156 upvotes
jk43234 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 3:24 pm
Thanks. Another question. I changed the number to a QC number and switched to a QC plan a few days ago, but now when I go to port in my number, I get a message saying number changes can only be done every 90 days. What can I do now? The billing cycle ends on December 24.
Had this happened to my wife QC plan as well. Don't sweat it, just wait for a couple of days and try again. It will happen sooner or later!
Dec 16, 2010
8 posts
I could port my new toronto koodo number to a saskatoon number. now they are not letting me change the plan saying plan can be changed only once in a billing cycle. so i change plan in the next billing cycle, and then port my toronto number back in the billing cycle after that? So that's a ~5 weeks process!
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1516 posts
178 upvotes
Alberta
Maybe I'm blind, but where in Self Serve do you change to Quebec?
They changed up the interface since the last time.

/edit: in the manage phone number it says I have to call in to change province.
Dec 7, 2016
190 posts
44 upvotes
Can someone please fill me in on what's the commotion of a QC plan or link me to the deal thread? Thanks.
May 8, 2009
5918 posts
2241 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
halffedelf wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 10:26 pm
I could port my new toronto koodo number to a saskatoon number. now they are not letting me change the plan saying plan can be changed only once in a billing cycle. so i change plan in the next billing cycle, and then port my toronto number back in the billing cycle after that? So that's a ~5 weeks process!
SK number is not a good idea. Even into the next billing cycle, self-serve will never allow you to pick the 5GB plan for $48. You'll have to call in and somehow prove residency in SK. QC is less of a hassle.
Chingyul wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 8:34 pm
Maybe I'm blind, but where in Self Serve do you change to Quebec?
They changed up the interface since the last time.

/edit: in the manage phone number it says I have to call in to change province.
You likely can't. Port a QC # in.
xsomsicarius wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 9:07 pm
Can someone please fill me in on what's the commotion of a QC plan or link me to the deal thread? Thanks.
Go to any of the big three website, compare cellphone plans to when you switch province to QC.

Currently the deal is $49 BYOD for talk/text/6GB data.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Apr 13, 2016
46 posts
6 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 3:14 pm
BestBuy will activate a QC number for you.

But since you're going BYOD, it doesn't really matter. Since you can:
  1. Activate with a local number at any dealer. Go on cheapest plan unless there's a promo you want on a bigger plan (overseas calling allowance, bonus data allowance) in order for it to carry over to the equivalent QC plan
  2. Hop online (doesn't have to be at home, can even be in the dealer store using their wifi), switch to a QC number
  3. Change the plan right away (max once per billing cycle, can be done before your first bill)
  4. Port in your GTA number after the fact and keep the QC plan
Lolz at anyone who downvotes this post.
Hey titaniumtux, are these steps still valid?
May 8, 2009
5918 posts
2241 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
redflag0 wrote:
Dec 30th, 2017 1:42 pm
Hey titaniumtux, are these steps still valid?
If you can find a dealer (Best buy, etc.) who'd be willing to activate you a QC number. Else just grab a local number and switch it to a QC # in self-serve. If the system doesn't allow selecting a QC #, then there's a back-door to do it, or port one in. Then switch to the QC plan.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Apr 13, 2016
46 posts
6 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote:
Dec 30th, 2017 2:48 pm
If you can find a dealer (Best buy, etc.) who'd be willing to activate you a QC number. Else just grab a local number and switch it to a QC # in self-serve. If the system doesn't allow selecting a QC #, then there's a back-door to do it, or port one in. Then switch to the QC plan.
I was able to get the QC number with a basic ON koodo plan, waiting to switch the plan on the billing date now - then port in the ON phone number. thanks!

just wondering have you heard of these plans ever getting audited?
May 8, 2009
5918 posts
2241 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
redflag0 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2018 5:18 pm
I was able to get the QC number with a basic ON koodo plan, waiting to switch the plan on the billing date now - then port in the ON phone number. thanks!

just wondering have you heard of these plans ever getting audited?
They can re-rate you any time. Most users on out of province plans don't carry a device balance (and if they do, they certainly don't mind the buy-out). Meaning you could port out, activate a new line with the QC plan, then port in again. When you port out, I'd recommend porting over to Telus or Koodo prepaid.