Getting QC Plan and Number on Koodo in Toronto

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2017 9:47 pm
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
3450 posts
400 upvotes
Oakville
Damn, I finally got a quebec number put onto one of my new lines, BUT now I don't have the option of changing the plan until December 29th. GAAAAHHH

I just want to make sure this is correct -

If I change my number, I cannot change the plan until the next bill? or is this some sort of glitch?
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2063 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
If your willing to keep the QC number, pretty much you can go with any carrier.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
3450 posts
400 upvotes
Oakville
AzNCrAzYcOoLeR wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 12:49 pm
If your willing to keep the QC number, pretty much you can go with any carrier.
no I'm not willing to keep a QC number I figured - QC number - number change, port in Bell number
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2063 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
x-batman wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 1:18 pm
no I'm not willing to keep a QC number I figured - QC number - number change, port in Bell number
the reply was for the OP, but just realized the thread is a month+ old
Oct 11, 2013
72 posts
6 upvotes
Markham, ON
kabyLake wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 9:19 am
Least they will do is switch you to an Ontario plan (hardly doubt it).
Thanks. Another question. I changed the number to a QC number and switched to a QC plan a few days ago, but now when I go to port in my number, I get a message saying number changes can only be done every 90 days. What can I do now? The billing cycle ends on December 24.
Koodo $35 Unlimited Canada-Wide Calling With 1GB Data
Jun 12, 2016
307 posts
108 upvotes
Mississauga
Is the Koodo 1GB student bonus still around? If so, what is the best way to add it without triggering ON account being flagged on QC plan?
Banned
Aug 22, 2017
367 posts
154 upvotes
jk43234 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 3:24 pm
Thanks. Another question. I changed the number to a QC number and switched to a QC plan a few days ago, but now when I go to port in my number, I get a message saying number changes can only be done every 90 days. What can I do now? The billing cycle ends on December 24.
Had this happened to my wife QC plan as well. Don't sweat it, just wait for a couple of days and try again. It will happen sooner or later!
Dec 16, 2010
8 posts
I could port my new toronto koodo number to a saskatoon number. now they are not letting me change the plan saying plan can be changed only once in a billing cycle. so i change plan in the next billing cycle, and then port my toronto number back in the billing cycle after that? So that's a ~5 weeks process!
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1406 posts
159 upvotes
Maybe I'm blind, but where in Self Serve do you change to Quebec?
They changed up the interface since the last time.

/edit: in the manage phone number it says I have to call in to change province.
Dec 7, 2016
111 posts
13 upvotes
Can someone please fill me in on what's the commotion of a QC plan or link me to the deal thread? Thanks.
May 8, 2009
2255 posts
709 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
halffedelf wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 10:26 pm
I could port my new toronto koodo number to a saskatoon number. now they are not letting me change the plan saying plan can be changed only once in a billing cycle. so i change plan in the next billing cycle, and then port my toronto number back in the billing cycle after that? So that's a ~5 weeks process!
SK number is not a good idea. Even into the next billing cycle, self-serve will never allow you to pick the 5GB plan for $48. You'll have to call in and somehow prove residency in SK. QC is less of a hassle.
Chingyul wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 8:34 pm
Maybe I'm blind, but where in Self Serve do you change to Quebec?
They changed up the interface since the last time.

/edit: in the manage phone number it says I have to call in to change province.
You likely can't. Port a QC # in.
xsomsicarius wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 9:07 pm
Can someone please fill me in on what's the commotion of a QC plan or link me to the deal thread? Thanks.
Go to any of the big three website, compare cellphone plans to when you switch province to QC.

Currently the deal is $49 BYOD for talk/text/6GB data.
Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
Home service reseller internet + FPL + antenna with streaming on smart TV
Wireless 1 line w/ Virgin on QC plan, few lines w/ Koodo to get phones, couple FreedomPop SIM's for roaming