• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2013 9:45 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2005
1839 posts
189 upvotes
That's what BMO told me when I locked myself out of my online account. I told the rep to just reset the password and not worry about it. Sure enough my online account worked as usual after reset. Plus it doesn't make sense that you need a savings account to have a savings account. The account IS a savings account. And even if somehow it turns out that you aren't able to get online access to the account, it doesn't cost anything to have so you can let it rot for free.
Oct 22, 2006
526 posts
204 upvotes
Well i signed up for the RBC account, but it wants you to send in a cheque of $25 CAD along with the signed form. Kinda silly to put in money to take some out. Lol.
Nov 10, 2007
278 posts
58 upvotes
RBC eSavings account can be opened up without anything else at RBC. That's exactly what I did. You sign up online then need to go into the branch and sign some papers. That's it really. So unless that's changed in the last 9 months, it's a very simple process.

Only reason I set mine up is so I could link to my ING US$ account and pull cash out of an ATM when needed. Which reminds me I should link Paypal to it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2012
1378 posts
474 upvotes
Toronto
That's not what they told me on two occassions, so I went with the TD US cross border account. Still waiting to have it all set up.
Jun 25, 2011
25 posts
1 upvote
Woodbridge
magmadragon wrote:
Nov 8th, 2013 2:37 am
RBC eSavings account can be opened up without anything else at RBC. That's exactly what I did. You sign up online then need to go into the branch and sign some papers. That's it really. So unless that's changed in the last 9 months, it's a very simple process.

Only reason I set mine up is so I could link to my ING US$ account and pull cash out of an ATM when needed. Which reminds me I should link Paypal to it.
How do you link your ING US$ to the RBC US eSavings account?
Jul 20, 2013
196 posts
20 upvotes
warhawk wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2013 2:39 pm
Well i signed up for the RBC account, but it wants you to send in a cheque of $25 CAD along with the signed form. Kinda silly to put in money to take some out. Lol.
I just walked in a RBC branch and they did the rest of the paperwork for me. I even walked out with a RBC Cash Back MasterCard without any additional hard inquiries on my credit file because they've pre-approved me for $1000 on the spot.
Nov 10, 2007
278 posts
58 upvotes
Yeah, what airodyssey said. That's exactly what I did. Actually when I went into the branch to sign my papers I asked for the form and got the girl to sign it right then and there so I could get the link setup asap.