Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
mirvish.com

Ghost Stories tix more than 50% off - Panasonic Theatre downtown Toronto

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2011 4:14 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
2864 posts
4103 upvotes
Toronto

[mirvish.com] Ghost Stories tix more than 50% off - Panasonic Theatre downtown Toronto

More offers from mirvish.com
Some reviews are good (seems the show a combo of silly & suspenseful), some not so much but if you want to see it or just have a cheap night of theater this deal is pretty good.

From Mirvish.com: "from now through May 15, see Ghost Stories any Tuesday (7:30PM) or Wednesday (1:30PM & 7:30PM) for only $30. Come on a Thursday (7:30PM) and get any seat in the house for only $40; come on a Friday (7:30PM), Saturday (5:00PM) or Sunday (3:00PM) and pay only $50."

Call 416.872.1212 or 1.800.461.3333 or go online to ticketking.com and quote the discount code FEARFUL.

Reg Wed/Thurs ticket prices are up to $69.

http://www.ghoststoriestoronto.com/
16 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1084 posts
83 upvotes
Scarborough
I had low expectation going in after reading online review of the show which has a majority of one stars, however I was still disappointed.

Show is slow and boring and the "twist" is meh. Script was weak however the actors and production value were not bad.
If the price is right, just roll the dice.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
toronto_slim wrote: Some reviews are good (seems the show a combo of silly & suspenseful), some not so much but if you want to see it or just have a cheap night of theater this deal is pretty good.

From Mirvish.com: "from now through May 15, see Ghost Stories any Tuesday (7:30PM) or Wednesday (1:30PM & 7:30PM) for only $30. Come on a Thursday (7:30PM) and get any seat in the house for only $40; come on a Friday (7:30PM), Saturday (5:00PM) or Sunday (3:00PM) and pay only $50."

Call 416.872.1212 or 1.800.461.3333 or go online to ticketking.com and quote the discount code FEARFUL.

Reg Wed/Thurs ticket prices are up to $69.

http://www.ghoststoriestoronto.com/

NM, got it to work, thanks!
Mar 17, 2006
140 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
wikkid_bigshot wrote: I had low expectation going in after reading online review of the show which has a majority of one stars, however I was still disappointed.

Show is slow and boring and the "twist" is meh. Script was weak however the actors and production value were not bad.

Same here. i had medium expectations. Some of the 'spooks' was fun and entertaining. Worth the discounted price but definitely not retail price.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2006
1189 posts
439 upvotes
I enjoyed the show. I thought the story was interesting, if a bit unoriginal - but that's okay, it's a play called GHOST STORIES. It had a fun atmosphere to it. I'd second the praise for the set design/effects. And a few of the scares were actually quite terrifying, which is no small feat for a play to achieve in a crowded theater.

However, I should say that I got free tickets - if I were paying I'd say $25 is a fair price. Anything much more and it's not really worth it for that amount of money.

Enjoy!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8443 posts
2349 upvotes
Toronto
aZian_ wrote: thanks for all the reviews!

was thinkin of going...not so much now as my expectations were actually high lol

Well on the bright side, your expectations are now quite low so you might actually come out enjoying it =)

I made a post earlier this week looking for Toronto reviews but no love, lol... ghost-stories-panasonic-theater-1026374/

This page has quite a few reviews about it (mostly negative): http://www.whatsonstage.com/reviews/the ... ories.html.

I wasn't planning on going after all the negative reviews, but at half price I'll have to reconsider with my gf.
Aug 25, 2010
500 posts
109 upvotes
If I had the money, I'd do this deal. Sounds like a fun night out with a date for ~$70.

Thank'd.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1074 posts
476 upvotes
Oakville
Went to see the show last Friday night. Here is the review. the reviews say it all. Thank god we only paid $1 for the second ticket when they had it on April fools day sale. The show was bad... not worth it.

Average customer review is only 1 star

http://www.toronto-theatre.com/review/r ... &Submit=Go
May 5, 2006
212 posts
11 upvotes
Ajax
My expectations were a bit tempered when I read some of the negative reviews - especially the 1-star rating in today's Toronto Star. As such, we went to tonight's show a bit dubious.

Unfortunately, the reviews are pretty much bang on. There were no scares, thrills or even chills for me and my wife.

I'm not saying the production values were poor. Nor am I saying that the show wasn't interesting - because it was.

However, it really wasn't scary at all, which was the biggest letdown to me. If you love ghost story type movies, and like to get frightened, I think you'll be disappointed as well.

I do concede that there were people in the audience who did scream or let out some shocked gasps, but I think they were in the minority.

I bought these tickets discounted by 40% from a Mirvish e-offer. I don't even think I can recommend the show at a further discounted rate of 50% off.

If you do decide to see it for yourself, I would not sit too close to the stage. I was three rows from the front, and I could see some of the production crew moving sets, and some of the "ghosts/creatures" looked too fake from my close vantage. I was not able to suspend my disbelief and immerse myself fully in the vignettes. I would sit at least 10 rows back, or perhaps on the balcony.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I want the Evil Dead production to come back. I saw that one twice. :P
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2003
4758 posts
130 upvotes
Oakville
We paid full price for our tickets (wife is a subscriber) and we went last Friday. The couple next to me were laughing and snarkily p-shawing through the performance so any suspense or terror was relieved by their antics. Actually, on segment with the baby, I actually fell asleep. The ending was an interesting twist that you'd envision in a movie.

The end result, I wasn't scared at all. The set design was clever and the actors really carried a lot of script and never faltered. But in the end I'd agree with the Toronto Star's review of 1/2 of a star out of four.
Nov 3, 2008
545 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
Twist ending? Did we see the same play? The ending was telegraphed from the start. I went in with low expectations, that were lowered even more when I saw the tacky halloween type props entering the theatre. The material was weak, but actually the acting was solid, as were the sets and production values. Unfortunately after seeing suspense type plays like Pillowman (or Deathtrap years ago) on broadway this production paled in comparison. But still better than most movies and many tv shows these days. It was entertaining enough, so I'd recommend it for $30 tix.
Dec 11, 2006
368 posts
141 upvotes
Hamilton
I just wanted to pitch in a differing opinion in case anyone is thinking of seeing the show.

I went this past Sunday and had a great time. I thought it was a very well done production and the acting was very, very good.

I did jump quite a few times and felt there was quite a bit of tension at certain parts of the show (mainly during the second act). I also liked how there was quite a bit of humour to lighten the mood every once and a while. I'm into camp so that worked well for me.

As for the "twist" I don't know if you can call it that since it was being set up from the beginning but it was interesting to see how it all came together in the end.

I am thinking of going to see it again with some other friends, at the discounted price it is totally worth it.

I sat near the middle (isle J) and couldn't see any people moving sets so the atmosphere wasn't ruined there.

For what it's worth the audience I saw it with seemed to be having a great time laughing and jumping appropriately.
my mood today: :|
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2007
1019 posts
4 upvotes
If you (or any other person in your life) gets spooked easily, I would recommend it! Went with the gf last night and we had a good time. For $30, select the best seats available. We were in row F smack dab in the middle and she was screaming her head off at some parts! It sounds like a lot of the negativity is coming from those who frequent theatre a lot. As for myself, it was the first time going to any sort of theatrical play, so I went in not having any expectations whatsoever. Go in with an open mind and see for yourself, don't read the reviews.
May 4, 2006
540 posts
105 upvotes
jopojo wrote: If you (or any other person in your life) gets spooked easily, I would recommend it! Went with the gf last night and we had a good time. For $30, select the best seats available. We were in row F smack dab in the middle and she was screaming her head off at some parts! It sounds like a lot of the negativity is coming from those who frequent theatre a lot. As for myself, it was the first time going to any sort of theatrical play, so I went in not having any expectations whatsoever. Go in with an open mind and see for yourself, don't read the reviews.

i'd love to take the girlfriend to go see this! but then i'd never hear the end of it.. she gets spooked VERY easily..... most the time when she screams when watching horror movies... it makes me flinch...