Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Giant

20% off Giant 2019 bikes

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2019 5:06 pm
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21786 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
NaturalHatTrick85 wrote: Is there any reason to get a Giant bike over the Costco Northrock road bike?

The Northrock looks like such good value for $600, the Giant bike with same components is $1,149
Giant has more interesting frames and a wider variety of sizes. The Northrock is unbeatable if you're the right size of rider for it, if you're going for that specific type of bike, and if you don't mind spending a little bit on a better seat and brake pads. If you don't fit that specific segment then the Giant bikes are better for you.

I bought the Northrock and I use it almost every weekday, but it has limits. Some you can get around by spending a bit of money, some you can't:

- It has a very narrow fork and won't be able to fit the wide tires that are so popular these days. It comes with 700x23s, I'm running 700x25s, and I think I can go up to 28, but probably no bigger than that at the maximum
- It has no eyelets for fenders or racks. You can spend $10 at MEC for some P-clamps to get around this, but it's not as clean as when the frame is built for it
- It has external cables
- It has caliper brakes. They don't bother me, but discs are the popular thing these days
- It's a traditional road bike with a bent-over riding position. The trend these days is to go for endurance bikes or gravel bikes, which have a more upright riding position
Last edited by Piro21 on Sep 26th, 2019 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 7, 2011
997 posts
1013 upvotes
sc00ter77 wrote: Thoughts on this. I saw a 2018 Giant defy advanced 2 for $1599 from $2499.
Amazing bike, I have the 2017
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21786 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
epinephrine wrote: Giant Defy or Canyon Endurace?
Can you buy a Canyon in Canada? From what I hear they're not going to be available for sale here until at least late next year.
Aug 10, 2010
368 posts
169 upvotes
Calgary
epinephrine wrote: Giant Defy or Canyon Endurace?
Where are you shopping Canyon in Canada? Buying from the US?

Tried out a few bikes 2 weeks ago but now think I want a Giant TCR over a newer Defy for my next bike (already got a 2014 Defy) they are out of stock on older TCRs in Calgary in my size so no deal for me!
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2008
1140 posts
379 upvotes
NaturalHatTrick85 wrote: That's a great price, where did you find this?
At Giant Victoria. There were 2 small orange and 1 green XL left. I got one of the orange
Capture.PNG
Jun 6, 2019
35 posts
7 upvotes
Piro21 wrote: Giant has more interesting frames and a wider variety of sizes. The Northrock is unbeatable if you're the right size of rider for it, if you're going for that specific type of bike, and if you don't mind spending a little bit on a better seat and brake pads. If you don't fit that specific segment then the Giant bikes are better for you.

I bought the Northrock and I use it almost every weekday, but it has limits. Some you can get around by spending a bit of money, some you can't:

- It has a very narrow fork and won't be able to fit the wide tires that are so popular these days. It comes with 700x23s, I'm running 700x25s, and I think I can go up to 28, but probably no bigger than that at the maximum
- It has no eyelets for fenders or racks. You can spend $10 at MEC for some P-clamps to get around this, but it's not as clean as when the frame is built for it
- It has external cables
- It has caliper brakes. They don't bother me, but discs are the popular thing these days
- It's a traditional road bike with a bent-over riding position. The trend these days is to go for endurance bikes or gravel bikes, which have a more upright riding position
Awesome, thanks for the answer! It seems like the Giant bikes (in particular the Contend and Defy series) have more of an endurance/comfort geometry, so I'm probably gonna go for that instead of the Northrock.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4169 posts
6806 upvotes
Langley, BC
These seem like regular sized bikes to me.
Aug 22, 2011
483 posts
247 upvotes
Vancouver
Hobbess wrote: Where are you shopping Canyon in Canada? Buying from the US?

Tried out a few bikes 2 weeks ago but now think I want a Giant TCR over a newer Defy for my next bike (already got a 2014 Defy) they are out of stock on older TCRs in Calgary in my size so no deal for me!
I'm going to their only store in LA, USA soon to test ride. Maybe I can get them to ship it to Canada as “marketing” to avoid duties.
Aug 10, 2010
368 posts
169 upvotes
Calgary
epinephrine wrote: I'm going to their only store in LA, USA soon to test ride. Maybe I can get them to ship it to Canada as “marketing” to avoid duties.
Nice enjoy!
Dec 22, 2008
799 posts
274 upvotes
London
totally unrelated to everything that's going on...but I thought it was 20% off bikes at Giant Tiger lol
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2005
3863 posts
16 upvotes
I have a barely used Giant TCX Advanced Pro 2 for sale. If anyone is interested, please PM me.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2015
1158 posts
1336 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
xinhang wrote: I have a barely used Giant TCX Advanced Pro 2 for sale. If anyone is interested, please PM me.
size?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7949 posts
2868 upvotes
Washington, DC
lewdvig wrote: Local shops buy their parts from Canadian distributors. That’s why prices here are so high.

It’s actually typical of an ignorant person to post something like you did. Everything has to be such an outrage these days. Lol
You're clearly talking about the Lambert order catalog.
https://www.hlc.bike/ca/Catalog/Product ... 5637172063

How am I ignorant buying a product for 33% the cost of buying it locally?
This website is called "Red Flag Deals" correct?

Canada is a monopoly through Lambert, why would you support a monopoly that is taking all your money.

If you want to support your local bike shop, buy the parts online and pay $40 an hour to have it installed at your shop. They make all their money on service anyways.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln