• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2017 11:07 am
[OP]
May 30, 2009
40 posts
19 upvotes
Burlington

[Giant Tiger] Chicco Cortina SE Travel System $300

We're expecting our first baby and I've been researching on which stroller/ travel systems to buy. I've heard great things about the keyfit car seat. FYI this is the same car seat as the Ketfit 30 but the keyfit in this set will only hold up to 22lbs instead of the 30. Not that big of a difference because you shouldn't base the sizing up of your car seat by weight but instead by height.

It generally costs $300 USD so to get it for $300 CND is pretty unheard of.
And it generally costs around $425+CND at sears and canada's baby store.

This system has great reviews on the following websites
http://www.chiccoshop.com/babies-r-us/c ... 20070.html
https://www.amazon.ca/Chicco-Cortina-Tr ... B00ERF4W12
https://www.babycenter.com/103_chicco-c ... 0386085.bc
http://www.canadasbabystore.com/en/product/12469
Last edited by hoan86 on Sep 23rd, 2017 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 replies
Jul 2, 2013
28 posts
88 upvotes
TORONTO
Have seen it at a much lower price at Costco, do check there
[OP]
May 30, 2009
40 posts
19 upvotes
Burlington
Kirry4u wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2017 8:55 pm
Have seen it at a much lower price at Costco, do check there
I've checked costco's website and they don't sell it, how long ago did you see it? And I've never seen strollers/ travel systems in store at costco.
Last edited by hoan86 on Sep 23rd, 2017 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26229 posts
6067 upvotes
GTHA
hoan86 wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2017 9:07 pm
I've checked costco's website and they don't sell it, how long ago did you see it? And I've never seem strollers/ travel systems in store at costco.
Check their warehouse locations. Costco does not put all the products they sell on their website.
[OP]
May 30, 2009
40 posts
19 upvotes
Burlington
tk1000 wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2017 9:19 pm
Check their warehouse locations. Costco does not put all the products they sell on their website.
We go to costco every 2-3 weeks, and I've never noticed them selling any kind of strollers. But I've only been actively looking for baby things for the last 4 months now. So its possible I've missed it and we've only checked out the mississauga and burlington locations.

I'll start calling costco locations tomorrow to see if they are selling any in store.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2003
4546 posts
1351 upvotes
A Place to Stand
Got this, but the 30lb one, from Toys R Us last year for just over $200. Its a good system, if that is what you are after. The stroller is really only good for malls and light walks around city streets. But the car seat did me well. And it was consistently rated as one of the better ones out there.
Apr 6, 2008
353 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
Good price, good gear. Easy to snap car seat into stroller for errands like groceries/mall/restaurant. Got this system for $255 in October 2016. But it looks to be discontinued everywhere else so this is a good option.
Jan 9, 2009
30 posts
7 upvotes
Hands down one of the easiest car seats I've ever used, it's a little heavy at times, but I've never had an issue with straps binding, or the buckle getting stuck. The stroller on the other hand only was used a handful of times. It's enormous even when folded. It will occupy an entire trunk if you're driving a small car. What we had instead is the now discontinued Maclaren easy traveller. It was basically a frame of a stroller that the car seat sat on top of. My recommendation is to buy the car seat only and get this from the states:

https://m.toysrus.com/product?productId=11820851

Just make sure the car seat is Canadian
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18691 posts
1105 upvotes
Our daughter is 30 months and is walking everywhere so we're just getting out of the "stroller all the time" phase, and my own $0.02 is I wish we had never gotten a "travel system". I feel like all of us parents get suckered into these things. Here are the facts from someone who just went through this - If you're not using the car seat, then the lack of functionality in these "travel system" strollers gets on your nerves very quickly. They take up A TON of space in the car, and are thus a pain to use when mobile. But they also have wheels too crappy to use walking around the neighborhood. They are the worst of all worlds when it comes to a stroller - They basically suck horribly. Couple that with the fact that you will want to switch her to a more comfortable convertible car seat by the time they are around 9 months old (because even though they may be "rated" for 30 pounds, the truth is in fact car seats are very uncomfortable compared to convertible ones and the child will start complaining), and you will see that you are likely to get very little useful life out of this kind of travel system.

If I had it to do over, I would invest a little bit more $$$ and separately buy the GB QBit stroller (

.. and one of the infant car seats that works with it, such as the GB Abri. The reason for this is because, as you will see from the video, the QBit folds *COMPACT*, which makes it immensely more useful than any travel system stroller.

Don't end up with *three* strollers like most parents I know (a compact one for mobile, jogging stroller for home, and "travel system" one collecting dust)... plan ahead and you can keep it to two!
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Feb 24, 2017
75 posts
12 upvotes
It was listed on the Costco website back in May-June 2017. My parents bought this for me before my baby was born. It was $339.99 online. So this is a good price. My two cents about this travel system: a wonderful car seat, the #1 rated infant car seat for safety. Plus my baby loves this car seat, he falls asleep in it quite easily. Unfortunately the stroller is what I wish I could return. The stroller itself is fine, easy to maneuver, clicks easily with the car seat, smooth riding indoors and on cement ground. It folds huge and heavy and takes up way too much space in our townhouse and car. If I had to choose a "travel system", I'd go for the Britax b-agile travel system or the Graco Click connect system. Or even spend a bit more and get the Chicco Bravo travel system. I tried that one in store and it is much lighter and folds smaller. My ideal would be to buy the Keyfit30 infant car seat and get a slightly more expensive stroller like the Baby jogger GT or the Uppababy Cruz.
[OP]
May 30, 2009
40 posts
19 upvotes
Burlington
I'm hearing some great feedback on this stroller and travel systems in general.

My husband wants a massive stroller for the convieniece of having large storage space under and it apparently has to have a cup holder for the parents for when you're walking around the neighborhood and a cup snack holder for the child.

How important was it for you to have all those conveniences when taking walks and just enjoying your day to day errands/ outings. And compare that with a smaller, lighter, more maneuverable, morepact stroller that doesn't have those conveniences but you'd only use it a couple of times a year where it's more necessary like going to a festival over grass or beach sand. And having more space in your trunk for other items like traveling bassinet for visiting grandparents or camping gear or dog stuff (we've got a chocolate lab) not to mention all the other things kids need with them when taking longer road trips like food, diapers, changing stations, diaper bags.

Is compactness a deal breaker for trips or does it make more sense to buy a large all inclusive stroller for everyday life and a small compact umbrella stroller for small roadtrips / outings.