Shopping Discussion

Giant Tiger vs. Other stores: Is it worth it?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2015 6:28 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 9, 2010
423 posts
68 upvotes

Giant Tiger vs. Other stores: Is it worth it?

I just discovered the store Giant Tiger, and seems like some they compete with Walmart/Dollarama/etc, as well as grocery stores too.

What do you buy regularly from Giant Tiger?

What's worth it? What's not worth it?
8 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2001
2464 posts
309 upvotes
Ajax
the clothes and electronics are pretty low quality.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1998 posts
414 upvotes
Ottawa
Coupgon app has coupons for GT + price matching makes for occasional great deals on grocery items. Otherwise I'm always amazed at how many people buy cigarettes there. Is it because of great prices or simply because poor people shop there?
Feb 21, 2007
643 posts
65 upvotes
Calgary
Occasionally they get really cheap Blu-Rays.
:)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2009
5153 posts
679 upvotes
South of Ottawa
Milk, butter and other grocery staples. They're usually cheaper or the same price as elsewhere. Good for picking up socks, slippers, t-shirts, etc. And they price match as well.
May 29, 2008
725 posts
261 upvotes
Hamilton
Butter, D'Italiano bread, and snacks. Not milk though, because all they have is Beatrice and Lactantia.
Oct 27, 2015
70 posts
13 upvotes
Winnipeg
Spicy Jamaican patties - nobody else has them in Wpg.
Jan 21, 2013
292 posts
38 upvotes
they sell one of my favs.......St hubert chicken pot pie, also the frozen cabbage rolls are good.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14277 posts
2578 upvotes
Toronto
I like it for the groceries, and maybe a pair of slippers. Careful of the processed cheese though. GT store brand clearly reads "Sandwich slices" NOT cheese slices...god only knows what you'd actually be eating! lol

***Also, there is an "as seen on TV" section, but I'd check Youtube first to see what people think before buying any of that stuff.

I wish there were more locations. They remind me of Bi way stores from back in the day...only just slightly better.