Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Denon D-M40 Micro HiFi for $499.88

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2015 9:58 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 31, 2010
311 posts
512 upvotes

Denon D-M40 Micro HiFi for $499.88

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
150.11 off
Denon D-M40 Micro Component CD Receiver System is currently on sale at Gibbys for $499.88 ($150.11 off).
http://www.gibbyselectronicsupermarket. ... 13237.html

Amazon.ca currently sells for $600.44: http://www.amazon.ca/Denon-D-M40SBK-Mic ... enon+d-m40
Bestbuy.ca also have it for $649.99: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/den ... 4eaa86en02

Bought one for myself. Not for those who must have airplay/WiFi. Reviews for the previous model D-M39 seem very good; this M40 is another step up.
15 replies
Nov 18, 2015
120 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto, ON
A CD Player in 2015? You'd have to be a grandpa to have any use for that. Cold as can be. Maybe post some deals for walkmans while your at it and we can all pretend it's the 90's
Aug 31, 2010
311 posts
512 upvotes
F0URTWENTY wrote: A CD Player in 2015? You'd have to be a grandpa to have any use for that. Cold as can be. Maybe post some deals for walkmans while your at it and we can all pretend it's the 90's
Yes, the drawback for this system is no wifi/airplay as I've warned. This system was actually released this summer. My guess for stripping out those features is to reduce noise. The design of the circuitry has been focused on reducing noise in order to enhance sound quality. For my purpose, CD/USB is enough and I can enjoy my audio. Most of the time when I listen to music, I'll be in the same room so wifi isn't a deal breaker for me. This system can also support FLAC which is nice. 2 optical inputs so I could connect to my computer if I wanted to. Built-in receiver also has an output for a sub, though users have been reporting the stock speakers have good enough low frequencies...adding a sub would defeat the purpose of being a low-profile system. I'm not looking to build a full set of receivers/speakers in my room. I'm sure Denon is also targeting audiences like myself. If it doesn't suit your needs, then just don't buy.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
1027 posts
1096 upvotes
Vancouver
Good deal for anyone looking for a micro system or something to beef up their TV's sounds (has 2 optical inputs). Rated 5-Star by what hifi.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2959 posts
2496 upvotes
Scarborough
absolutcamper wrote: Good deal for anyone looking for a micro system or something to beef up their TV's sounds (has 2 optical inputs). Rated 5-Star by what hifi.
Please don't do that... You can do a lot more for this price, I doubt those speakers are spectacular. Maybe look for Andrew Jones instead, and a cheap receiver.
Aug 31, 2010
311 posts
512 upvotes
skinnydoggy wrote: Please don't do that... You can do a lot more for this price, I doubt those speakers are spectacular. Maybe look for Andrew Jones instead, and a cheap receiver.
Yea, for TV/movies I don't recommend this. Since it'll probably be in a living room and you have the space - definitely go for a full receiver and speakers.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2001
2039 posts
1455 upvotes
Toronto
F0URTWENTY wrote: A CD Player in 2015? You'd have to be a grandpa to have any use for that. Cold as can be. Maybe post some deals for walkmans while your at it and we can all pretend it's the 90's
Get a chromecast audio for one of the optical input and the system is now up to date
Apr 22, 2010
32 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
Tough crowd :D I think maybe some RFD'ers are suffering from a Black Friday/Cyber Monday hangover.

Not to hi-jack the thread, but on the same site, the Denon AVR-S700W 7.2 Channel Full 4K Ultra HD A/V Receiver "B-STOCK" (AVR-S700W) for $250 (50%) off looks like a nice deal. Just sayin' and don't shoot me.
Oct 30, 2007
253 posts
515 upvotes
Terrace
arbalest23 wrote: Denon D-M40 Micro Component CD Receiver System is currently on sale at Gibbys for $499.88 ($150.11 off).
http://www.gibbyselectronicsupermarket. ... 13237.html

Amazon.ca currently sells for $600.44: http://www.amazon.ca/Denon-D-M40SBK-Mic ... enon+d-m40
Bestbuy.ca also have it for $649.99: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/den ... 4eaa86en02

Bought one for myself. Not for those who must have airplay/WiFi. Reviews for the previous model D-M39 seem very good; this M40 is another step up.
For someone who wants something that just works and has a warranty...this is probably decent enough. A nice secondary system for the bedroom system or for the kitchen.

Not sure I would think this is suitable as a main system. If you desire better sound quality and are willing to work a little...for similar money...you could build a very impressive system by getting used speakers and a receiver. Add a Raspberry Pi powered music server and you have all the functionality you would need. I was able to do this a few months ago...and I was very happy with my final outcome (B&W 601 S2 + Marantz receiver + Raspberry Pi 2 running volumio). All said cost about the same price as this.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2959 posts
2496 upvotes
Scarborough
Be careful with used receivers. Also used speakers, never know if they're blown from a quick demo. Watch for receiver 'buzz' too... just buy this stuff new unless it's from a dealer, or you know exactly what to look for.
Feb 20, 2014
55 posts
16 upvotes
Dartmouth
skinnydoggy wrote: Be careful with used receivers. Also used speakers, never know if they're blown from a quick demo. Watch for receiver 'buzz' too... just buy this stuff new unless it's from a dealer, or you know exactly what to look for.
Buying this stuff used is fine, I've only been burned once on a receiver, and was only out less than 100 bucks. The amount I've saved on used speakers more than makes up for it. Currently have 3 systems, 2 of which are 5.1 and one is stereo. Only 3 of my speakers were purchased new.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2959 posts
2496 upvotes
Scarborough
If you say so. 2 bad receivers, and a few pairs of speakers that were 'just not right' changed my mind. People sell stuff for a reason. I know when I buy my LS50's, they'll be new... not messing around.
Aug 31, 2010
311 posts
512 upvotes
kanatadave wrote: Tough crowd :D I think maybe some RFD'ers are suffering from a Black Friday/Cyber Monday hangover.

Not to hi-jack the thread, but on the same site, the Denon AVR-S700W 7.2 Channel Full 4K Ultra HD A/V Receiver "B-STOCK" (AVR-S700W) for $250 (50%) off looks like a nice deal. Just sayin' and don't shoot me.
Bb had the s700w for $300 brand new, but replaced with s710w now. Current price at bb is $500 for the s710w.
Apr 21, 2012
385 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
I wanted something to beef up my TV, so tried hooking up my Panasonic bookshelf speakers, then realized I needed something to power them,I ended up with a SONY-STR-K66OP (10 ish yr old AV receiver, but its got an optical connection so not that bad) that cost me nothing, the sound from the TV is transformed! It didn't cost anything like 500 bucks!, This system seems to be aimed at someone who actually does want to listen to CD'S, rahter than MP3/4's.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)