Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Gibby's

LG OLED TVs from $1,000 YMMV (Dutch Auction) (Auction over)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2017 5:59 am
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1722 posts
1627 upvotes
St Catharines

LG OLED TVs from $1,000 YMMV (Dutch Auction) (Auction over)

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
50% off
Retailer:
Gibby's
Sun Media Auctions is auctioning some OLED TVs from Gibby's. These are dutch-style auctions, so definitely a BIG YMMV.
Click on this splash page and choose Niagara: https://sunmediaauctions.com/splash.cfm
That will create a cookie that will then allow you to click on these pages:
55EG9100 starting at $1,000 (2015 55" curved 1080p 3D): https://sunmediaauctions.com/item.cfm?C ... mNum=28807
OLED55B6P starting at $1,900 (2016 55" flat 4k HDR): https://sunmediaauctions.com/item.cfm?C ... mNum=28927
OLED55E6P *open box* starting at $2,300 (2016 55" flat 4k HDR 3D & soundbar): https://sunmediaauctions.com/item.cfm?ItemNum=28928

For those genuinely interested, I would suggest putting in a bid for the minimum and then just cross your fingers that they don't sell out!
They had an auction last week also, it ran from Tuesday 9am-Thursday 9pm. I suspect these are leftovers from last week. They had 6 OLED55E6Ps. I put a minimum bid in. They only received 2 other bids. About an hour after the bid closed I got my confirmation. Picked the TV up Friday evening. MINE was new in box, these E6s are open box, so YMMV. The EG9100 and the B6s are new since they don't say open box, demo, etc.

I didn't post last week because I wanted half a chance at getting one, now I got one so have fun/good luck! :D

EDIT: Please don't down vote just because it's an auction, specially when it's right in my title. I wish RFD had an auctions sub-forum but they don't, and I'm sure someone will be able to take advantage!

EDIT: Auction is over now, looks like some good deals were scooped up!
Last edited by 2kfire on Apr 26th, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
28 replies
Dec 21, 2014
280 posts
160 upvotes
Vancouver
Definitely looking at that LGB6, thanks OP! I wonder what shipping to Vancouver would cost. Also any idea what warranty comes with this? It didn't directly say
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2088 posts
1511 upvotes
Toronto
Seems like only 55" models are available.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1722 posts
1627 upvotes
St Catharines
stephen5 wrote: Definitely looking at that LGB6, thanks OP! I wonder what shipping to Vancouver would cost. Also any idea what warranty comes with this? It didn't directly say
For any questions you can call Gibby's directly.
I don't know what shipping would cost but I did call about warranty for last week's auction, they provide the standard manufacturer's warranty. They also offered me their extended warranty when I picked up the TV. It's based on the retail price though, which stings a bit, but it's the now standard use it or get a credit, in-home repair, no-lemon policy that a few places are offering now.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1722 posts
1627 upvotes
St Catharines
Alexandero2 wrote: Seems like only 55" models are available.
#1stworldproblems Face With Tears Of Joy

Seriously though, it's too bad. They had the 65" B6 last week, looks like those must've sold out. 65" would be a bit large for my space, plus the built-in sound bar is quite decent and I wanted 3D, so the 55" E6 was my pick.
Dec 21, 2014
280 posts
160 upvotes
Vancouver
2kfire wrote: For any questions you can call Gibby's directly.
I don't know what shipping would cost but I did call about warranty for last week's auction, they provide the standard manufacturer's warranty. They also offered me their extended warranty when I picked up the TV. It's based on the retail price though, which stings a bit, but it's the now standard use it or get a credit, in-home repair, no-lemon policy that a few places are offering now.
Thanks! Never dealt with Gibby's before, but I'll let check what shipping costs to BC and provide an update. If it's all in under $2400, then that's pretty good

I wonder if costco will carry the b7 at any point, given that the USA costco stores sells them. Would love their cheap warranty!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
seeing how the OLED55B6P is selling for 2500 at bestbuy, I bet you can get this closer to 2,300 at those mom and pop shops. bidding starts at 1900, theres not much head room for savings. so at most you would save $400.

And how would warranty work for these? go back to Gibby or LG?
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1722 posts
1627 upvotes
St Catharines
dracolnyte wrote: seeing how the OLED55B6P is selling for 2500 at bestbuy, I bet you can get this closer to 2,300 at those mom and pop shops. bidding starts at 1900, theres not much head room for savings. so at most you would save $400.

Yeah, the B6 isn't a HUGE savings, and it's very YMMV due to it being a dutch auction, but I'd say it's worth a shot... It certainly was for me on the E6 :D

For warranty you have to deal with the manufacturer. Anything I've bought from Gibby's has been like this. I had to send a car stereo to Hamilton on my own dime for a warranty repair once, they wouldn't send it for me unless I paid a "shipping fee", which was more than it cost to send via Canada Post. Then again I had to send another car stereo I bought from Best Buy in too, this one was close enough that I dropped it off myself... I think most places are like this now, unless you get their service plans/extended warranties etc. Off-topic, maybe I should stop buying JVC car stereos...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5348 posts
4356 upvotes
dracolnyte wrote: seeing how the OLED55B6P is selling for 2500 at bestbuy, I bet you can get this closer to 2,300 at those mom and pop shops. bidding starts at 1900, theres not much head room for savings. so at most you would save $400.

I think it was $2200 last Black Friday. So the starting price for the auction is pretty cold.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1722 posts
1627 upvotes
St Catharines
WL1980 wrote: I think it was $2200 last Black Friday. So the starting price for the auction is pretty cold.
Time machine and all that...
E6 for $2,300 is at least warm.
EG9100 for $1,000 is radioactive, if, and I know it's a BIG IF, someone can get it for that price.
Dec 13, 2013
213 posts
295 upvotes
Toronto
Got a 55-inch B6P Open-Box model @ Bestbuy - Downsview Store, last Sunday, paid $2350.00 - with a 4-yr warranty FREE ($450 value) once I mentioned I saw a better deal at HiFiCity (Duff. Mall) and prepared to walk away... Seems stores are starting to make deals on OLEDS... finally! Still expensive considering many good non-OLED 4K models are now at the $1200-$1500 area...
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1722 posts
1627 upvotes
St Catharines
Biscayne05 wrote: How will the warranties be handled?
Direct through LG
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1722 posts
1627 upvotes
St Catharines
renovision wrote: Got a 55-inch B6P Open-Box model @ Bestbuy - Downsview Store, last Sunday, paid $2350.00 - with a 4-yr warranty FREE ($450 value) once I mentioned I saw a better deal at HiFiCity (Duff. Mall) and prepared to walk away... Seems stores are starting to make deals on OLEDS... finally! Still expensive considering many good non-OLED 4K models are now at the $1200-$1500 area...
I remember someone posting that on another thread, amazing deal for sure.

At that time, the E6 was at $3,500, and I posted that Best Buy had it for $3,000 in-store for their VIP event. I guess the B6 is not screaming hot, but the E6 at $2,300 still can't be beat.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
1721 posts
643 upvotes
Kitchener
By posting this on RFD you probably lowered the odds of a cheap auction outcome.

I've bid in these auctions in the past, gotten some nice gear. Auction prices still aren't that low, but if it is something you want, it can be a great deal!
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1722 posts
1627 upvotes
St Catharines
SomeGuyGG wrote: By posting this on RFD you probably lowered the odds of a cheap auction outcome.

I've bid in these auctions in the past, gotten some nice gear. Auction prices still aren't that low, but if it is something you want, it can be a great deal!
Yeah, that's the reason I didn't post it last time, but since they're redoing it, that must mean some items didn't sell last time, so maybe, hopefully, a few more people can get a great deal this time too. :)
Feb 2, 2015
88 posts
121 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Do these auctions happen year-round or is it a one time thing? How often do they get 4K TVs?
Oct 7, 2005
112 posts
46 upvotes
Montreal
Bought the 55B6 2 weeks ago at Bestbuy for 2500$ tx incl. I mentionned that Brault and Martineau here in Quebec have a no tx sales and they matched without even checking. I guess they really want to sell!

Of course, YMMW.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1722 posts
1627 upvotes
St Catharines
electronicube wrote: Do these auctions happen year-round or is it a one time thing? How often do they get 4K TVs?
This auction specifically seems to run once a year, but it seems like there are similar ones that run throughout the year. I would imagine with 4K TVs being where the money is now for stores/manufacturers, they'll probably pop up more often.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)