Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
1730 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
Trader Score: 32 (100% Positive)
lol wow. stolen credit card to buy gift cards. pretty ingenious...

always check out the person who is posting the card as well. someone with 4 posts and joined very recently is probably the first clue...

if a retailer had a problem then I would make a huge fuss and get SOMETHING back. You can be denied the item, but you won't have to pay for it.
Nintendo Switch vibes
Oct 26, 2010
76 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
Trader Score: 0
That's what happened..

i bought 200dollar worth of Starbuck gift card for 150, transferred balance to my starbucks card.
apparently after 2 days, my card was deactivated and total balance, including the balance i bought with my credit card, was gone and not seized.

i should've called the police damn.. i still had his phone number and everything at that time
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
13383 posts
1082 upvotes
Toronto
Trader Score: 19 (100% Positive)
Just be aware that retailers go after these gift cards weeks and months after the crime has been committed. Just because you've had the card for 1 week, doesn't mean you are in the clear. When a card is found to made fraudulent purchases, all of those gift cards are instantly cancelled, one of which could be one you already paid for.
"Deal of the Day" addict
Jun 27, 2012
689 posts
49 upvotes
Trader Score: 0
I was thinking the same thing. If they don't know who you are and the buyer doesn't spend the entire amount or pays the difference in cash, they only have the face. If glasses with a light tint were used and a cap to cover the hair and it makes it a lot harder to ID the buyer.

Maybe its time they logged the buyer's ID when it is purchased. This could be crosschecked at the store instantly.