Shopping Discussion

Locked: Gift Ideas for Girlfriend

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2017 11:35 am
Banned
Nov 24, 2017
75 posts
55 upvotes
How about a top of the line vacuum cleaner? :twisted: Or a nose job? :rolleyes: Nobody is perfect.
Last edited by NumberThree on Dec 12th, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 24, 2009
659 posts
278 upvotes
Kind of on topic. Been looking at women's Lululemon leggings and the reviews online are absolute trash. Is the brand really this bad now? Any alternative?
Banned
Oct 20, 2016
235 posts
136 upvotes
JRGUINNESS wrote:
Dec 12th, 2017 11:04 am
That's what I was wondering, because my girlfriend went all out on Black Friday to surprise me.

... It worked :) haha
roses with cute baby booties attached
Aug 12, 2006
342 posts
114 upvotes
Ken_vs_Ryu wrote:
Dec 12th, 2017 1:07 pm
Kind of on topic. Been looking at women's Lululemon leggings and the reviews online are absolute trash. Is the brand really this bad now? Any alternative?
Athleta, maybe? I've never tried it personally, but they're a Gap brand and I bought some Gap Fit workout leggings in the summer that I really like.
Aug 26, 2014
153 posts
104 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Get her an Instant Pot
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1513 posts
191 upvotes
Markham, ON
I think you already probably got her something she would appreciate and like. Are you always this over the top with your gifting? You can always throw in a bag of candy she loves, that always put a smile on people's face!

I don't know how long you two have been dating but erm. Don't walk around in many circles in the cold with her waiting for the right moment to give her a gift. I say this because my ex wanted to wait for the right moment to give me a gift (which I did not like at all). I guess, he was not familiar with the area so he was walking around trying to find a "romantic" area to give the gift. I was freezing and cold, and very unhappy. I then have to act like I like his gift but I just couldn't, I was cold and unhappy and to get a necklace that was not wrapped and looked like it was meant for a grade 5 student was not cool at all.

Yeah, so the timing in giving the gift is also very important. I just couldn't act like I like the gift after walking in the freezing cold for like at least an hour! The wind was very strong that day too. It was NOT romantic at all! We were in the city by the way, not some nice romantic country side.

He did not do this as a prank. It was really his thinking process.
Banned
Nov 24, 2017
75 posts
55 upvotes
Poppwl wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 8:50 am
I think you already probably got her something she would appreciate and like. Are you always this over the top with your gifting? You can always throw in a bag of candy she loves, that always put a smile on people's face!

I don't know how long you two have been dating but erm. Don't walk around in many circles in the cold with her waiting for the right moment to give her a gift. I say this because my ex wanted to wait for the right moment to give me a gift (which I did not like at all). I guess, he was not familiar with the area so he was walking around trying to find a "romantic" area to give the gift. I was freezing and cold, and very unhappy. I then have to act like I like his gift but I just couldn't, I was cold and unhappy and to get a necklace that was not wrapped and looked like it was meant for a grade 5 student was not cool at all.

Yeah, so the timing in giving the gift is also very important. I just couldn't act like I like the gift after walking in the freezing cold for like at least an hour! The wind was very strong that day too. It was NOT romantic at all! We were in the city by the way, not some nice romantic country side.

Obviously you two were a poor match as your thinking process were quite opposite. Good thing you are not together anymore. It is more pleasant when two people have A LOT in common. Like, when one likes to cook and the other likes to eat ;)
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2826 posts
899 upvotes
Montreal
ah man... all these funny posts

IMO, the best gifts are "experiences", like a weekend at a lodge/chalet, small trips, event tickets (comedy show), etc
Koodo & Tangerine customer since 2006
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
2873 posts
1385 upvotes
Burlington
marc_t wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 11:49 am
ah man... all these funny posts

IMO, the best gifts are "experiences", like a weekend at a lodge/chalet, small trips, event tickets (comedy show), etc
I.E LSD
Banned
Nov 24, 2017
75 posts
55 upvotes
marc_t wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 11:49 am

How about sharing a VD??? Astonished Face That's one experience I've never had. Face With Tears Of Joy
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
3133 posts
996 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Poppwl wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 8:50 am

Hey Poppwl,

Thanks for that! You're right, I know she will love the gifts that I got already, I just wanted to make this Christmas special (for other reasons)

Haha, We do a lot of spontaneous gifts throughout the year. So I feel like now we have to go "over the top" Christmas. But not really

My problem is (and why I made this forum) that I don't care for Brands & Trends... But since it's not for me, I wanted to get her some hot items.

Ideally I'd love to get this reaction in adult form...

But trust me, I won't be doing what your ex did! That's intense.

Haha Cheers
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
3133 posts
996 upvotes
Toronto, ON
A big thanks to everyone that helped. I decided to go with the switch and a Tiffany & Co heart bracelet.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
5536 posts
3360 upvotes
Toronto
JRGUINNESS wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 8:36 pm
I went to Lindt and got 100 balls and arranged them in a box to spell out our initials.
Oh, wow... she must like chocolate balls a lot... did you also offered her the chocolate bar?
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝