Gigabyte motherboard error code 69

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2017 1:38 pm
[OP]
Jul 1, 2006
607 posts
3 upvotes

Gigabyte motherboard error code 69

So my motherboard now is on a constant boot loop. It's a gigabyte z97ud5h. It has a built in display and says 69. Is there anyway to fix the motherboard or is it dead. I even tried changing CPU and ram slots still same thing.
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
7613 posts
1200 upvotes
London
If you have already tried different cpu and ram, most likely the board is dead, rma it if still under warranty, if not get a new board.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2367 posts
1190 upvotes
Richmond
For my Gigabyte mb the LED error codes are listed in the back of the manual.

No idea if they're the same as yours for a different model, but for mine error code 69 = "IOH DXE initialization". Don't ask me what that means!
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9762 posts
852 upvotes
Faith24 wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 10:30 am

No idea if they're the same as yours for a different model, but for mine error code 69 = "IOH DXE initialization". Don't ask me what that means!
It's consistent across all Gigabyte motherboards.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2367 posts
1190 upvotes
Richmond
Lots of internet posts from people who had that error code. None of them seem to have figured out what it means or resolved it without RMAing the mb,
Dec 1, 2010
766 posts
247 upvotes
GTA
Faith24 wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 10:30 am

If you read it more in detail that error points to either bad cpu or faulty ram or bad dimm slot. But every user that tried different ram, different cpu, or different dimm slot came up with the same error. So basically error 69 is an RMA of the board as all threads pertaining to that error, no one was able to solve without replacing the motherboard.

Looks like the board is toast, replace. RMA if still under warranty.