Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1919 posts
319 upvotes
Milton, Ontario

Ginseng to boost immune system ?

Any input on ginseng as immune system booster ?
Getting over a cold right now and lots of friends/doctor throw terms like oregano/echinacea/ginseng etc....
But I wouldn't know if it's just another money grab or actually beneficial root.
Thought I would give this a try but unsure on what form to buy it in, sliced, or powder.
4 replies
Temp. Banned
Dec 2, 2007
855 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
I don't know about Ginseng boosting immune system. however, it does flush your body of toxins. I read a real medical study somewhere a decade ago.
Mar 20, 2006
254 posts
53 upvotes
Kamloops
If you look at coldfx, which some people swear by, it is focused on echinacea/ginseng. If i start to get sick, I go to echinacea/ginseng and oil of oregano, even though I hate the taste of oil of oregano. Do I have studies? No (I am sure you could google some), but it works for me.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11666 posts
1665 upvotes
City of Vancouver
https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/life/h ... ndmail.com

"How long do you need to take Cold-FX for it to start working? A few days? A week? The product label offers no clues.

But according to Valeant Canada's vice-president of medical and regulatory affairs, you must take it for a minimum of eight weeks – two whole months – before any potential benefit kicks in. The optimal duration for a healthy adult is four months. For seniors, that increases to six months."
De gustibus non est disputandum
"Crazy people will make even sane people crazy."-- Becks
"Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself."-- Confucius
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4346 posts
651 upvotes
Toronto
i've always wanted to buy ginseng powder from those asian herbal/seafood places (around 5 for 100$) but am afraid of fillers. Once in powder form, you can't see what's in it. Could be low quality ginseng