Girl thinking of getting PS4 - looking for game recs

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2017 10:57 pm
May 9, 2007
771 posts
195 upvotes
leoben wrote:
Mar 26th, 2017 6:15 pm
Yes I'm a girl, but I'm not really into collecting cute little pokemon style creatures.. your "feels" recommendations definitely seem to be up my alley though, thx!

I think you are very correct when you say the story and the presentation is not for everyone - I looked up some YT videos of Final Fantasy 15/World of Final Fantasy/Persona 5 and they didn't really draw me in - maybe I am being too quick to judge/ superficial but... yeah. not really my style haha

I've made note of all the games you guys mentioned, really excited for Life is Strange in particular... it will be up next after I get through the last of us and uncharted 4. Thanks!
You're welcome! Final Fantasy is meh but the persona series should not be overlooked. If you have even the slightest interest in RPGs Persona has the potential to be the best RPG you've ever played and if it clicks you'll be wishing you could get a lobotomy just so you could experience it for the first time again. Welcome to the playstation family! Feel free to keep us updated. ;D
Jan 12, 2017
883 posts
120 upvotes
RE7
Add me on PSN: hubu2017 SFV ps4 aka Mikka1989
May 7, 2006
301 posts
12 upvotes
Thanks for the thread! I'm a girl gamer myself and got hooked onto one of the recommendations from this discussion!

My personal favorites for good immersive stories:
The Last of Us (play the DLC after!)
Mass Effect (1-3 / Andromeda)
Beyond: Two Souls
Heavy Rain
Sleeping Dogs

Fun online shooter:
Overwatch (I play on the PC so not sure if it's fun on PS4)
Jul 7, 2005
435 posts
63 upvotes
If you ladies liked Heavy Rain and Beyond 2 Souls...keep an eye out for Detroit: Become Human

Also mentioned a couple times, Until Dawn is a pretty good "whodunit" game
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
2750 posts
480 upvotes
I just bought a ps4 (the RCSS deal) and I'm looking to build my ps4 collectiion... here are my list of possible purchase:

already got:
Uncharted 4
inFamous: Second Son
Assassin's Creed Chronicle

short list:
Deus Ex
Dragon Age Inquisition
Mass Effect Andromeda
Kingdom Hearts
Watch Dog 2
Life is Strange
other Assassin's Creed series
Ys VIII
Ratchet and Clank
I think there's a God of War coming?? or is it a remake?

I may have to go to ebgames and just stand there...

Yes, I am a woman... but every players are different... I own a ps2, ps3, ps4 and even a 90s console, TG16.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5852 posts
1229 upvotes
I would recommend Persona 5.

It involves being social, going to school, choosing who you associate with
and relationship building by day, and superhero type activities in your spare time.

It does have some supernatural elements whereby you visit
extremely distorted worlds manifested inside of peoples' minds.
The caveat is that the manifested worlds are tangible and do have parallels with what is actually
happening in the real world to an extent.

Sort of like the movie Inception, if your characters die in another person's pshychological version of
how they view themselves in the real world, they die for real.

The game and story implements psychology.

There are side activities like answering hard quiz questions for a chance to increase your
knowledge, and social standing, etc.

Your dialog choices also affects relationship progress.
May 22, 2016
716 posts
89 upvotes
Ontario
My sister loves Fallout, Skyrim and Resident evil. Star trek online and Neverwinter nights are free massive multiplayer games.
Jul 28, 2010
765 posts
386 upvotes
Vancouver
leoben wrote:
Mar 25th, 2017 12:21 pm
My favourite game was probably Heavy Rain-- basically a good/emotional storyline is a big plus for me lol. I also enjoyed playing the god of war series.
Literally the exact same games my sister loved on the PS3. On top of that she likes the stuff Dontnod Entertainment has made (Remember Me and Life Is Strange) and the latest she was playing was Firewatch. Those are my two cents.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2008
1555 posts
99 upvotes
Spiderpal93 wrote:
Mar 26th, 2017 10:18 am
"Life is Strange"

You will love the game. A total emotional roller coaster. It starts off slow but picks up toward end of episode one.

Heavy Rain was also my favourite PS3 game but Life is Strange topped it.
I just finished Life is Strange.....and I LOVED IT. The ending I picked was incredibly sad and I shed a few tears (well..maybe a bit more lol but I'm a girl).

I would also go so far as to say Life is Strange topped my favourite game, Heavy Rain. I got so invested in this damn storyline it's going to take a while for me to get over it. Dontnod hurry up and release season 2..!
May 9, 2007
771 posts
195 upvotes
Jotamide wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 7:18 pm
Literally the exact same games my sister loved on the PS3. On top of that she likes the stuff Dontnod Entertainment has made (Remember Me and Life Is Strange) and the latest she was playing was Firewatch. Those are my two cents.
If you liked life is strange then I would highly recommend dontnid's first game, Remember Me. I really enjoyed that game and dontnod really seem to know how to tell a story.

Firewatch was kind of cool and interesting especially if you can pick it up on sale but I wouldn't exactly call it emotional. It's short too. Can practically finish it in one sitting which could be a good or a bad thing depending on how much time you have to play games.

Never got to play heavy rain or beyond two souls even though I own them.

I would really look into horizon zero dawn. It's got a pretty emotional story plus the main character is a female. Or if you like action games Nier Automata has one heck of an insane story.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
2468 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
Imo I don't think it matters whether you are a girl or a guy, just try anything that interests you. Maybe try Dark Souls 3 or Bloodborne (these were recommended to me by friend and she loved them).
Also try Witcher 3 this is probably one of my most favourite games. Next would be Horizon.
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
This line is heavy..
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
5932 posts
1667 upvotes
Gaming is gender-neutral, play what interests you.
Mar 3, 2011
447 posts
173 upvotes
I'm surprised no one has really mentioned the fallout series.. the latest one being Fallout 4. The whole series is based in a post apocalyptic time line all way different story lines and a very large map to explore and side missions to play - this game can take you months to complete if you play every side mission and just go out exploring.

I have FO4 for sale for PS4 if you are interested, shoot me a PM.

I also have Rainbow Six The Siege and The Division which I no longer play - The Siege is strictly online playing with and against others while the The Division can also be played with other you can play on your own (also for sale).
Aug 31, 2006
879 posts
25 upvotes
markopas wrote:
May 12th, 2017 11:24 am
I'm surprised no one has really mentioned the fallout series.. the latest one being Fallout 4. The whole series is based in a post apocalyptic time line all way different story lines and a very large map to explore and side missions to play - this game can take you months to complete if you play every side mission and just go out exploring.

I have FO4 for sale for PS4 if you are interested, shoot me a PM.

I also have Rainbow Six The Siege and The Division which I no longer play - The Siege is strictly online playing with and against others while the The Division can also be played with other you can play on your own (also for sale).
So true... I've been unable to log in for a few days but I saw this thread before and wanted to recommend Fallout 4.
I just got a PS4 recently as well and this game has been consuming all of my time. Great if you're into open world/exploration/customization kind of stuff, which is very much my "thing".
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1264 posts
81 upvotes
Since it's now on ps4, Loco Roco is an insta-buy for girls. It's too cute to be ignored.