• Nov 8th, 2006 11:38 am
Tags:
None
Jul 11, 2003
726 posts
23 upvotes
Coquitlam

Giving ads a more personal feel

You may have seen my post here about my recent advertisements. After reflecting and thinking about advertising (and doing a little research) I feel that it's important to create a more personal feel to the advertisements--something the ad reader can relate to and identify with. So I decided to more my logo from the top of the page and create a fairly catchy title. This is what I came up with:

[IMG]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2131/ad51ge7.th.gif[/IMG]
6 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2003
4067 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
aingaran wrote: Way too much text & cluttered.
+1
Also too many cliche phrazes like "right solution is just a click away". Using overused phrazes like that is as far from presonal feel as it can get.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
4658 posts
567 upvotes
I agree..

too much text... too cluttered... too busy
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2003
1392 posts
51 upvotes
Richmond Hill
You've stumbled upon a key element of advertising - making an "emotional connection" with the viewer.

Instead of a catchy phrase, consider a picture that conveys your message.

How about things like "computer problems turning your world upside down"? and then having upside down text? That will differentiate you from the other ads.

Just a thought.....
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
4658 posts
567 upvotes
No images.
Leave that to professional overpriced marketing companies that dont know how to actually get results.

You need to follow 6 rules to actually getting results with your ad. Its not about being clever. Those ads are fun but do they produce results. After all, who cares how clever it is. You have one goal with this ad. To make money.

You need

1) A Headline
2) A problem
3) A solution
4) An Offer
5) A Call To Action
6) An Expiry to that Call to Action

And possibly between 3-4 or 4-5, if room warrants, a testimonial that shows how good you are.

That's it!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)