Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
1622 posts
246 upvotes

Gladius International

Did anyone else get the email-- what is everyone going to do?? Thoughts??
Dear Customers

Gladius International regrets to inform all of you that we must suspend
operations temporarily until our new range can be built. The agreement we
had with the previous range was terminated suddenly and as a result we are
working to construct our new range as quickly as possible.
Gladius will honour its commitment to deal ticker and all of the persons who
signed up. It will however take us several months to get the range
operational and I apologize for this delay.
Once the range is operational, we will reschedule and reset the reservations
page. Please understand, this kind of deal is new to Ontario and these
events were unforeseen by us. We are doing our best to satisfy all the
person who signed up for this range day experience.

Gladius International
125 replies
Apr 7, 2011
128 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
How convenient! The range needs to be built right when the reservations start..... honestly, I do not trust ANY deal of the day company now. Doesn't matter what they're told when working out the deal, company after company is screwing over the customer and leaving us holding the bag. Enough is enough
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1393 posts
176 upvotes
Anyone try getting a refund?
Apr 7, 2011
128 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
SkiLLz wrote:
Jun 17th, 2011 1:56 pm
Anyone try getting a refund?

Working on it as we speak. I'm sure this'll be another battle, but hopefully DealTicker will do the right thing
Jun 17, 2003
21 posts
2 upvotes
DealTicker would not refund me. They said the deal has a NO REFUND clause listed. They also said that the $10 extra Gladius is asking for is tax, when I said that it wasn't as that was not 13% all Ryan (dealticker person) had to say was oh I'm sure they will give you a receipt. Even when I mentioned that Gladius wanted it as CASH only, and how I was suppose to meet the Gladius guy in a Tim Horton's parking lot at 7 am in the morning. Will definitely not buy from DealTicker again!!!! Oh and Dealticker is apparently extending the voucher expiry so that it lasts 5 years not 2, which means it will likely be 5 years of this go around and excuses about why Gladius can't provide services!
Apr 7, 2011
128 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Nice... looks like I'm going a much more direct route with my request for a refund. Thanks for the heads up
Jun 17, 2003
21 posts
2 upvotes
If anyone is able to get DealTicker to refund them, please let me know how you went about doing it!
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1814 posts
112 upvotes
Scarborough
Dealticker is not refunding money for anyone. I tried several times already with no luck. I absolutely HATE this company and I am going to tell all my friends to avoid them at all costs now that I'm out several hundred dollars.

MBNA / Mastercard are useless since its been over 60 days.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2005
3789 posts
42 upvotes
South Orange
Yeah I got the email....this sucks...I was planning on using it this summer....arghhhh
2 upvotes
Toronto
This sucks. period. Hopefully this is a legitimate reason and not just some scam
Mar 4, 2006
485 posts
31 upvotes
Screwed here as well... Will try to get my money back but other than that it's lesson learned I guess.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
1000 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
fadingdreams wrote:
Jun 17th, 2011 2:20 pm
DealTicker would not refund me. They said the deal has a NO REFUND clause listed. They also said that the $10 extra Gladius is asking for is tax, when I said that it wasn't as that was not 13% all Ryan (dealticker person) had to say was oh I'm sure they will give you a receipt. Even when I mentioned that Gladius wanted it as CASH only, and how I was suppose to meet the Gladius guy in a Tim Horton's parking lot at 7 am in the morning. Will definitely not buy from DealTicker again!!!! Oh and Dealticker is apparently extending the voucher expiry so that it lasts 5 years not 2, which means it will likely be 5 years of this go around and excuses about why Gladius can't provide services!

From: http://www.sse.gov.on.ca/mcs/en/Pages/Y ... ights.aspx

Misrepresentation is illegal. All charges in a contract must be what they say they are. For example, a business may not add a $20 surcharge for a “tax” that is not really for tax. Make sure you understand what each charge is for and that it’s valid.

The way I see it is they can state no refunds but they still have to keep up their end, they can't use it as an excuse to change the terms of the agreement. Once the agreement is broken, the no refunds rule goes with it. That doesn't mean to say they will cave in right away. If you have asked for a refund and they refused, the next step is to send them a registered letter saying you want a refund because they broke the contract. Everyone can send the same letter, just change the personal details. Either they refund or they don't. If they don't, you send a copy of the letter and a copy of the voucher to the Ministry and let them look into it. It doesn't cost you much and you can take it as far as you think its worth it for you.

Or, you could try this.

This guy only set up this business right before he did the group buy. http://www.catshackreports.com/2011/02/ ... eal-steel/ He had agreements with 2 shooting clubs, which was enough to get him started but now that he has money from his group buy deal he has to have his own range. Who knows if this guy knows what he's doing. What if he isn't successful at his new business? Nobody would have bought this deal if they knew they were financing someone to start a new business.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2006
1347 posts
291 upvotes
GTA
Guess this post teaches me never to buy anything from Deal Ticker. Those of you that got this deal from them though, hope you succeed in getting your money back.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1814 posts
112 upvotes
Scarborough
There should be a big warning on this forum for Dealticker.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
1000 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
From DealTicker:

Our Refund Policy
Please find the details of our Refund Policy here. We may provide refunds for the cases specified below:
As a buyer of a Voucher on DealTicker, you are expected to follow the refund policy rules stipulated under the Deal’s refund information. As a Buyer, you are also entitled to a 10-day buyer remorse period, and have the right to cancel a Voucher and request a refund from DealTicker for which you have paid over $50 CAD. We will act in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act, 2002 found here - http://www.sse.gov.on.ca/mcs/en/Pages/Y ... ights.aspx

Nice of DealTicker to post a link to the Ministry on their website. They are aware that purchases over $50 are protected by consumer law. According to the Ministry there must be a written contract if the value is more than $50. So if you paid more than $50 you have a written contract that each side must uphold. The deal said "Bookings Begin March 18, 2011" Anybody booked yet? Its been over 90 days, they failed to deliver on the terms of the contract (I'm not a lawyer, this is my opinion using common sense). Get your money back now. If the guy does get this up and running the first thing he'll do is put up a group buy deal.

From the Ministry: Deliveries must be on time. If a delivery doesn’t arrive within 30 days of the promised date, you can cancel the contract by sending a cancellation letter. But you lose the right to cancel the agreement if you accept delivery after the 30 days.

I'm sure they will argue that they are not responsible for their suppliers blah, blah, blah. Don't listen to them, tell them you will let the Ministry decide if that's true.