Jul 23, 2007
9770 posts
2126 upvotes
Toronto

'Glass' M. Night Shyamalan 'Unbreakable' sequel January 2019

I hadn't seen the auteur's latest but I suppose I don't have to now

SPOILERS

http://io9.gizmodo.com/glass-the-sequel ... 1794669298

It's interesting now that superheroes are all over the cinema how a hyper grounded version will be received or it's Night's chance to do his own flashy superhero movie (unlikely)
18 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18149 posts
1473 upvotes
Yeah, io9 really should have avoided the spoilery title. I saw it while scrolling through. Loved Unbreakable. Now I need to see the other one.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7503 posts
1936 upvotes
Toronto
not really a spoiler for those who have seen split and understood the ending. a sequel combining both films was inevitable.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
6051 posts
902 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Now that we know who you are, I know who I am. I'm not a mistake! It all makes sense! In a comic, you know how you can tell who the arch-villain's going to be? He's the exact opposite of the hero. And most times they're friends, like you and me! I should've known way back when... You know why, David? Because of the kids. They called me Mr Glass.

<3
Sep 24, 2017
6 posts
1 upvote
It was cool how he connected unbreakable in the movie Split (hope that's not a spoiler...it's been out for a while).
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
9770 posts
2126 upvotes
Toronto
It just occurred to me, he's so fragile how is he still alive 20 years later

Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2003
3423 posts
33 upvotes
Mississauga
I thought Split was well done. Didn't see Unbreakable, guess I must watch it now haha. Looking forward to this one.
MAIN:2600K-4.5Ghz|P8P67 PRO|16GB DDR31600|GTX1060 6GB OC|240GB SSD|1TB|2TB|Creative SB XFi|BD-RW|2x 24" LCD
HT:Athlon 5350|4GB DDR3
SERVER:i3 3240|8GB DDR3|320GB|3x2TB
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
9770 posts
2126 upvotes
Toronto
Prince tribute band for the older demographic

Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4695 posts
909 upvotes
Aurora
First poster. I like it. Though I wonder why they show David Dunn in chains.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
9770 posts
2126 upvotes
Toronto
DiceMan wrote:
Jun 29th, 2018 10:23 pm
Though I wonder why they show David Dunn in chains.
I guess anyone who remembers Unbreakable (even vaguely) is supposed to wonder but twist master MNS has already given one away?
Must be a minor twist
For some reason I didn't think Willis was that thin though YMMV
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
7633 posts
1120 upvotes
Winnipeg
DiceMan wrote:
Jun 29th, 2018 10:23 pm
First poster. I like it. Though I wonder why they show David Dunn in chains.
"Shyamalan announced Glass – a film that would tie Split and Unbreakable together. Shyamalan debuted footage from Glass at this year’s CinemaCon, and revealed that in the film, McAvoy, Willis and Samuel L. Jackson’s characters were all incarcerated together in an asylum. This poster re-affirms that, as we see the three characters sitting side-by-side in a hospital-like setting, with Willis in chains.

Here’s the official synopsis:

Following the conclusion of Split, Glass finds Dunn pursuing Crumb’s superhuman figure of The Beast in a series of escalating encounters, while the shadowy presence of Price emerges as an orchestrator who holds secrets critical to both men."
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4695 posts
909 upvotes
Aurora
jenviea wrote:
Jun 30th, 2018 6:19 am
I guess anyone who remembers Unbreakable (even vaguely) is supposed to wonder but twist master MNS has already given one away?
Must be a minor twist
For some reason I didn't think Willis was that thin though YMMV
lead wrote:
Jun 30th, 2018 11:14 am
"Shyamalan announced Glass – a film that would tie Split and Unbreakable together. Shyamalan debuted footage from Glass at this year’s CinemaCon, and revealed that in the film, McAvoy, Willis and Samuel L. Jackson’s characters were all incarcerated together in an asylum. This poster re-affirms that, as we see the three characters sitting side-by-side in a hospital-like setting, with Willis in chains.

Here’s the official synopsis:

Following the conclusion of Split, Glass finds Dunn pursuing Crumb’s superhuman figure of The Beast in a series of escalating encounters, while the shadowy presence of Price emerges as an orchestrator who holds secrets critical to both men."
Thanks, I hadn't heard about that bit of information.