• May 5th, 2014 1:06 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 31, 2005
304 posts
4 upvotes

Glasses & pacific mall

has anybody here purchased designer frames and lenses from Pacific mall...i'm scared of buying bootleg frames. If anybody knows about other places with good deals on glasses give me a shout...

thanx in advance
57 replies
Jul 10, 2005
270 posts
22 upvotes
Richmond Hill
i don't think pmall has 'bootleg' frames.. its the quality of the lenses that are garbage...
when i used to wear contact lenses all the time... i had these glasses from Fuji at pmall (no name frames.for home use only) and the 'anti-glare, UV protecting, etc.' special coating they put on the lenses are garbage. after a month or two i could see that the coating was beginning to peel off.

i now have these Gucci frames that i purchased at an optical shop near my house... called... "Optical Shop" and their lenses are great.

basically... the only reason pmall might be cheaper in price is because of the crap lenses... not fake frames
Nov 8, 2005
694 posts
157 upvotes
Richmond Hill
What about non-prescription lenses? Is it the same? I want to get some frames but don't need prescription lenses.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
22820 posts
915 upvotes
Markham, ON
I alway wonder if they sell fake frames at real prices
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14046 posts
745 upvotes
Markham
all my lenses from pacific mall has been great

the pair i'm currently wearing is 3 years old.. no sign of the coating wearing out

bought them from Good Eyes Optical (same aisle as canada computers)
ShadowVlican
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
6937 posts
343 upvotes
Counterfeit material can be bought from anywhere (even from legit stores who don't know they're selling fakes) but I would say that pmall has a horrible reputation for selling fakes and chances are you will be buying one over 80% to 90% of the time.

If you still do decide to purchase just make sure that you get a guarantee and are allowed to return or exchange if a problem happens and get this in writing to avoid any further complications. Good eyeglass shops should have no problems exchanging frames or redoing prescriptions if something is not right for no additional fees.
Jan 14, 2008
44 posts
GTA
i bought my girlfriend a pair of bvlgari glasses two christmas' ago from good eyes too and so far so good. :D
tumblr
------------SALE
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2007
3815 posts
289 upvotes
Toronto
I use to think the same but picked up a $400+ Chanel frame+lenses about a year ago and no complains....and they ARE real :D

Also remember you can bargain....I went around all the stores and each store seemed to give a different price but once they saw me holding another stores card, offered me the same price. But the one I bought from them actually beat the others price. So be prepared to bargain :razz:
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1423 posts
60 upvotes
I also bought a pair of prada glasses from Good Eyes Optical last week. So far I am satisfied. I did question them about being authentic - said it comes with the original deliverables (prada box, prada case with authentication card - got all of them). It's true that can be faked too. I believe they said you can call and get authentication on the store or serial number ... I don't remember now

ShadowVlican wrote:
Feb 8th, 2008 1:38 pm
all my lenses from pacific mall has been great

the pair i'm currently wearing is 3 years old.. no sign of the coating wearing out

bought them from Good Eyes Optical (same aisle as canada computers)
[removed]
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14046 posts
745 upvotes
Markham
yea i dunno whether Good Eyes Optical sells real or fake.. but i do know their lenses are of good quality (was the main point of my post) :)

lense and frame from Good Eyes Optical

lense from Good Eyes Optical and frame from Fuji in HK
ShadowVlican
Jul 30, 2006
987 posts
37 upvotes
How much was it to put a lens in a pre-bought frame.
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14046 posts
745 upvotes
Markham
Vashin wrote:
Feb 13th, 2008 3:26 am
How much was it to put a lens in a pre-bought frame.
my lens were $150

it really depends on your prescription and what features you want (mine are transition, that is they turn dark when exposed to UV)

u can always head there and ask for a quote :cheesygri
ShadowVlican
× < >