Expired Hot Deals

[Globe And Mail] Globe And Mail Online Unlimited Subscription $1.50 per week for 1 year

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2018 5:53 pm
[OP]
Nov 24, 2007
846 posts
313 upvotes

Globe And Mail Online Unlimited Subscription $1.50 per week for 1 year

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Globe And Mail
Decent deal for those of us who like to read Globe And Mail online.
$1.50 per week for one year, $6.50 per month or $78 per year.
Deal expires July 31, 2018.

A lot of other promo codes are usually are $1 per week for 12 weeks. So this promo is about 50% higher than a typical promo code. But at least you won't need to resign up for a whole year.
https://subscribe.theglobeandmail.com/# ... LE?cid=pen

The only thing attractive to me about this deal is you don't have to do the song and dance of calling in and cancelling every 12 weeks. Because you will miscount one time and get charged the full price for a month. Ask me how I know....

[EDIT] Just found a code for $0.49 per week for 12 weeks. https://sec.theglobeandmail.com/subscri ... omo=LWP494
Last edited by dingmah on Jul 13th, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
52 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
4570 posts
1186 upvotes
good deal for probably the only good newspaper outlet these days
Nov 7, 2012
60 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know of any deals for newpapers? E.g. G&M or National Post? My parents like the physical newspaper but I can't seem to find any promotions anymore except digital, which is useless for them.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
5395 posts
9186 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
InfiniteStratos wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 12:47 pm
Anyone know of any deals for newpapers? E.g. G&M or National Post? My parents like the physical newspaper but I can't seem to find any promotions anymore except digital, which is useless for them.
I don't know if this perkopolis deal is good - Globe & Mail sub for $6.29 a week for 24 weeks - https://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-p ... erkopolis/
Nov 9, 2010
616 posts
641 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Thanks OP, signed up for the $0.49 per week for 12 weeks deal.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: djwalsh3000
Mar 23, 2002
504 posts
3 upvotes
How easy are they to cancel after the 12 weeks?
Oct 12, 2005
271 posts
52 upvotes
Edmonton
It's NOT EASY to cancel after the promotion is over. They won't email you to advise that the promotional pricing is over, and will start charging full rate. There is no online option to log in to your account to cancel. You have to call in, be on hold for 10-30 minutes, to get a live agent, to cancel for you. I just went through this myself.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
7802 posts
1626 upvotes
InfiniteStratos wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 12:47 pm
You can get the Globe for around $22 per month through a student discount (i have a student at home) and they didn't ask for proof. They will ask you to subscribe online for the student subscription but that hasn't worked for a over a month. You will have to call in and talk to a super.

Their sports section is a little disappointing for local, 3 pages dedicated to soccer while Jays stories are normally picked up from AP, but again people don't subscribe to it for sports.
I also recently saw on the front page of one their sections "Lorem Ipsum" copy where an actual business article should have been. Someone fell asleep.
May 13, 2018
4 posts
20 upvotes
Actually for tax payers(at least in Toronto) you should know that Toronto Public Library have a GREAT collection of DIGITAL newspapers & magazines.

From https://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/boo ... ds-ebooks/ :

I recommend:

- Overdrive: Not exactly Kindle unlimited replacement but you can borrow eBooks, magazines and probably push to Kindle. And if you do not have Kindle Overdrive also have nice Web+iOS+Android clients.
- RBdigital: Some magazines + audiobooks. The Atlantic, The Economist, NG, the New Yorker ,Vanity, Newsweek, WIRED, to name a few.
- Flipster: Maclean’s, Chatelaine, Bloomberg Businessweek, People and more.

And ESPECIALLY:

- PressReader: TONS OF(I mean ten thousands of) magazines, newspapers, from local and around the world. Toronto Star, the Globe & Mail, National Post, the Sun(if you insist), The Washington Post, and more. Every login on Web version will give the APP version 2 days of unlimited access.

Anyone can bring something that can prove that you are living in Toronto(Driver's license, utility bills, etc.) to any TPL branch for a free library card that only require annual renew, which is also free. It only takes 5 minutes.

Still I want to emphasize that good news report require continuous support from readers(rather than Advertisers and the Gov). Consider yourself donating for the wellness of news reporting while making the purchase.
Apr 29, 2015
101 posts
39 upvotes
Kanata, ON
Very fair price - with the advertising model broken, readers need to support good journalism in Canada. Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4344 posts
1301 upvotes
Markham
called to cancel (on hold for 20 mins or so). Said there was $1 per week promo.

Got offered $0.25 for 12 weeks. Sold!
Dec 14, 2009
146 posts
42 upvotes
Markham
sweet deal thanks. I also got charged the full price before when i forgot to cancel :(
Dec 28, 2004
965 posts
252 upvotes
yeah mississauga libraries also have free newspapers while they last and some banks i guess and other stores always ymmv

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)