• Sep 7th, 2013 10:35 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 21, 2003
848 posts
2 upvotes

Re: Globe and Mail subscription 50% off

https://customer.globeandmail.ca/circcs ... tudent.asp
If you are a full-time post-secondary student, you are entitled to a special offer for Monday-Saturday and Saturday-only subscriptions. (This special offer is not available on Motor Routes.)
Currently our subscription rates are:

SUBSCRIPTION COST (BEFORE TAXES)

Monday-Saturday
13 weeks $38.87
26 weeks $77.74
52 weeks $155.48

Saturday only
13 weeks $14.30
26 weeks $28.60
52 weeks $57.50
-------------------------------

A normal subscription costs $25 a month. You have to enter a school name and student ID, but I highly doubt that they verify it with the school. I've been getting this for the past 3 months, very pleased.

AFAIK, the Globe is the only major paper with a student discount.

You can also add the Wall Street Journal to your subscription for an extra $4 a week. Which IMO is a killer deal if you can't get enough business news.
28 replies
Feb 20, 2003
29 posts
Originally posted by trusoulja2g@Jan 13 2004, 02:59 AM
https://customer.globeandmail.ca/circcs ... tudent.asp
If you are a full-time post-secondary student, you are entitled to a special offer for Monday-Saturday and Saturday-only subscriptions. (This special offer is not available on Motor Routes.)
Currently our subscription rates are:

SUBSCRIPTION COST (BEFORE TAXES)

Monday-Saturday
13 weeks $38.87
26 weeks $77.74
52 weeks $155.48

Saturday only
13 weeks $14.30
26 weeks $28.60
52 weeks $57.50
-------------------------------

A normal subscription costs $25 a month. You have to enter a school name and student ID, but I highly doubt that they verify it with the school. I've been getting this for the past 3 months, very pleased.

AFAIK, the Globe is the only major paper with a student discount.
I didnt know u had to be full-time - they never asked me.

As far as I know, they dont check to see if you're still at school or not, but they do ask when you plan to graduate.

It's a great deal :)
Oct 24, 2001
463 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
Is the same price it has always been for students ?
[OP]
Nov 21, 2003
848 posts
2 upvotes
Originally posted by johnyc@Jan 13 2004, 03:16 AM
Is the same price it has always been for students ?
Yep. But most people aren't aware they can get a student discount (to the best newspaper in Canada, by far).
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
10444 posts
62 upvotes
Ottawa
I just grab the free Toronto Star at my university; they provide them akk the way north to North Bay, and east to Kingston. Definately a good promotion for them, and good exposure.
- Absolute
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2003
9920 posts
1097 upvotes
To clarify: this rate is only for active post secondary students and is NOT open to everyone. They will ask you for your school and a student number when you sign up.

It is certainly a good deal though, particularly for business students as Report on Business is a great business section, far better than the Toronto Star's section.
Feb 4, 2003
91 posts
2 upvotes
London
That's a fantastic deal. The Globe is definitely Canada's newspaper for business news and commentary. Throw in the WSJ and you'll never have to leave your home!
Oct 24, 2001
463 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
Do they post everything online that is in the newspaper?
Nov 17, 2002
56 posts
I used to get the National Post through the same deal for post secondary school students. Now I get the Globe - better paper.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2002
2953 posts
9 upvotes
It's still a little expensive, no?
Nov 25, 2003
123 posts
BC [what me worry?]
Don't like their sports section; good business section.

I think it's a conspirancy:
re: VCR papers
Province: great sports section
Sun: good for local news
Globe & Mail: good business section

(forces you to buy all three! :angry: )
[OP]
Nov 21, 2003
848 posts
2 upvotes
Is the National Post deal available online? I might try it out, although the Post has been in a big decline.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2003
7283 posts
250 upvotes
Edmonton
I don't think u can get it online, I had to call in and suscribe. I'll look around campus tommorw and see if they still have the poster up with the offer number and post it here if I find it.

Otherwise, you can always call in and tell them about it, I'm sure they will know what you are talking about.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
1137 posts
47 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Originally posted by Absolute@Jan 13 2004, 09:59 AM
I just grab the free Toronto Star at my university; they provide them akk the way north to North Bay, and east to Kingston.  Definately a good promotion for them, and good exposure.
ya, instead of giving students the student offer on subscription, Toronto Star and Globe and Mail give us free papers everyday. we get a zillion of them lying around campus all the time. usually all gone at the stand by 11 or so though, but you can always find a copy on the floor or in a lecture hall somewhere.

it used to be just Toronto Star, this year, we get the Globe too...plus the free "24 hours" newspaper by the SUN.

and today i found this new magazine called Trivia Magazine...all crosswords, puzzles, wordsearch etc...

i dont' know about other people, but i hardly have enough time to read all these papers in one day!
999th post - June 25, 2007 11:29PM
1000th post - June 25, 2007 11:30PM
1234th post - May 30, 2009 5:55PM
× < >