Expired Hot Deals

[GM Canada] GM: 500$ Costco card with purchase (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2019 2:48 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2006
1141 posts
1301 upvotes

[GM Canada] GM: 500$ Costco card with purchase (YMMV)

Retailer:
GM Canada
More offers from GM Canada
got a email from my local GM dealer. Costco member are now eligible to get preferential price plus 500 costco card.

not sure if Costco get rid of Ford now...

https://www.hamelchevrolet.ca/eng/
Last edited by ben2003 on Jan 15th, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Title edit
82 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4053 posts
922 upvotes
Chevy and GM. Not sure about the other badges, yet. My understanding is that preferred pricing is invoice plus 1.5% (plus the $500 gift card). It's not on all vehicle, as it doesn't include trucks.

More information should come out soon but most of the Chevy/GM dealerships have info on their site but want you to come down for pricing.
Nov 28, 2010
474 posts
232 upvotes
Is 500 $ really going to lure someone into buying a GM ?
Apr 2, 2013
396 posts
283 upvotes
St. Catharines
jcon wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 2:47 pm
Chevy and GM. Not sure about the other badges, yet.
Ummm... Chevrolet is a subsidiary of General Motors. GM includes Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac.
Apr 18, 2017
328 posts
554 upvotes
RobertL059 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 2:54 pm
Ignoring the whole "GM lay off" thing (which what ever your not owed a job by anyone) their cars are terrible, and they still haven't learned how to properly run their company and they are still seedy AF which is why i'd never touch their cars
Yep. Had a '18 Colorado. Was back at the dealer 3 times in a month for issues. Took a huge loss, but glad I unloaded it for a different brand. Not worth the freaking hassle..
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4053 posts
922 upvotes
TheGuard wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 2:58 pm
Ummm... Chevrolet is a subsidiary of General Motors. GM includes Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac.
Yeah, thanks for the history update. Again, I'm not sure if it includes all badges. Do you have something to contribute?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
8538 posts
2297 upvotes
jcon wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 3:18 pm
Yeah, thanks for the history update. Again, I'm not sure if it includes all badges. Do you have something to contribute?
Huh?
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1045 posts
961 upvotes
Toronto, ON
You can get a 400$ pre paid mastercard while buying a 240$ phone, I don't think getting a 500$ gift card (that you can only use in Costco) while buying 30000$+ car is a good deal. Also, screw GM and American companies. Cheaply made crap that depreciates like nothing.
Koodo $40 8GB
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
2441 posts
3295 upvotes
Langley, BC
so you get a Costco card for more than the car is worth?
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4053 posts
922 upvotes
Here's the small print from http://www.costcoauto.ca/ComingSoon.aspx:

*To qualify for the preferred pricing, you must be a Canadian resident holding a valid driver’s license and been a Costco member since January 4, 2019 or earlier and must: (1) Register with the Costco Auto Program to receive your non-transferable Authorization Number; (2) Present the Authorization Number to a participating dealer; (3) Retail purchase, finance or lease and take delivery of an eligible new in-stock 2019 Chevrolet: Equinox (excludes LS), Tahoe, Traverse, Trax (excludes LS) and Suburban; Buick: Encore (excludes Preferred) , Enclave and Envision; GMC: Acadia, Terrain, Yukon and Yukon XL; or Cadillac: Escalade, Escalade ESV, XT4 (excludes Luxury) and XT5 between Jan. 5, 2019, and Feb. 28, 2019. In addition, to receive a $500 Costco Cash Card by e-mail, submit a redemption form to Costco within thirty (30) days of vehicle delivery and complete a Costco Auto Program member satisfaction survey. Please allow three weeks for Costco Cash Card delivery, pending completion of all eligibility requirements; including redemption form submission, purchase verification and survey completion. Not compatible with some other GM Canada incentives.

For full program details and for any applicable exclusions see a participating dealer or costcoauto.ca/GM. For Costco Cash Card terms and conditions, visit Costco.ca and search “Cash Card”.

Tax, title, registration and license fees are not included in the preferred pricing. Offer is valid at participating authorized GM Canada dealers. Offer not available in the U.S. and Mexico. The Winter Sales Event is subject to change without notice. Void where prohibited. Costco and its affiliates do not sell automobiles or negotiate individual transactions.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
3994 posts
1849 upvotes
It’s pathetic how they only advertise these makes of cars and not a variety. Give me a Toyota deal and I’m sold.
Aug 18, 2017
207 posts
279 upvotes
Sejad wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 4:06 pm
It’s pathetic how they only advertise these makes of cars and not a variety. Give me a Toyota deal and I’m sold.
GM dealers always have a full lot, which is why they always have these kind of 'nice' offer. Good makes like Toyota and Honda don't need huge discount to get rid of inventories. New cars are always flying off their lot.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5523 posts
1706 upvotes
VERY bad timing to be promoting GM products. I just bought a new car, and GM wasn't even a remote possibility in my mind, didn't even go take a look at their web site.