• Apr 21st, 2013 1:52 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 2, 2007
353 posts
59 upvotes
a1qwyx20 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2013 12:45 am
Bf4 better have voip chat so you can actually communicate on pc. Ps3 and xbox were great for that. If theres no voice comm i wont be buying.

No i didnt googke it or read the 5 pages posted here.
Does anyone ever use voice chat properly in any PC game? The rare occasion where I've heard anyone talking on their mic using in-game voice chat they've been annoying. I use 3rd party programs to talk with people when I play as do most players I thought. That's kind of always been the PC way.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
3423 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
daeth wrote:
Apr 12th, 2013 6:33 am
Does anyone ever use voice chat properly in any PC game? The rare occasion where I've heard anyone talking on their mic using in-game voice chat they've been annoying. I use 3rd party programs to talk with people when I play as do most players I thought. That's kind of always been the PC way.
i hear this ***** all the time

oh yeah i dont want to hear kids on the mic dur dudurrrrr
and you know what, this ***** comes from people who are ANTI SOCIAL and want to ruin it for the rest of us

let's break it down
1) of course people use VOICE CHAT, PC GAMING should be the best... we should have all the capabilities of gaming via VOICE CHAT or MODS or whatever we want
that is the best PART of PC GAMING...

2) so what they're annoying, either disable all mic communications (mute them) and dont ruin the fun for the rest of us
even if it wasnt for fun, i want to be able to communicate with my teammates without having to download some ******** 3rd party program
why go through the hassle? because mr. softcake is a big baby who cries when someone insults him online

which by the way softies shouldn't be playing competitive games if that was the case

3) not everyone uses 3rd party programs which means 99% of the people in game cannot communicate with each other
80% of people wont bother reading the damm CHAT

this is all from my Battlefield 3 experience

4) that has always been the PC way?
i uno how to reply to that man i really dont

counter-strike isn't the same game without voice chat
book that
a 20 year old game
yet with more capabilities than Fancy FrostBYTE 5.0

what a joke
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
3423 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
one more thing

all i want to do is to be able to tell my squad teammates to change their squad perks
on the microphone because no one reads bloody chat

that's all...
i dont wanna talk about the hockey game, or make fun of my team
i just want people to not use the same squad perks

of course, EA that's so hard to ask for
sigh
thanks for ruining my gaming experience buddy

also not everyone has a billion pc gamers
everyone i know plays on console
so removing the social aspect of voice communication online is *****
and what finally ticks me off most
console gamers have voice chat
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
1830 posts
195 upvotes
Da boot
Good luck getting any credit from GMG they've been really terrible about it lately.
Nov 2, 2007
353 posts
59 upvotes
aplayaz2000 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2013 4:29 am

and you know what, this ***** comes from people who are ANTI SOCIAL and want to ruin it for the rest of us

let's break it down
1) of course people use VOICE CHAT, PC GAMING should be the best... we should have all the capabilities of gaming via VOICE CHAT or MODS or whatever we want

2) so what they're annoying, either disable all mic communications (mute them) and dont ruin the fun for the rest of us
even if it wasnt for fun, i want to be able to communicate with my teammates without having to download some ******** 3rd party program
why go through the hassle? because mr. softcake is a big baby who cries when someone insults him online

which by the way softies shouldn't be playing competitive games if that was the case

3) not everyone uses 3rd party programs which means 99% of the people in game cannot communicate with each other

book that
a 20 year old game

what a joke
Yikes, I wish I kept that to myself now. It was an honest question. Even in games with native voice chat in my experience people still choose to use 3rd party programs to chat anyway. If that hasn't been your experience I'm sorry. Didn't mean anything by the question.

I've been using Ventrilo or similar for 10+ years. A lot of BF3 servers have their own Ventrilo server and I join the IP in the server description if/when I see it.
Dec 11, 2005
958 posts
76 upvotes
Woodbridge
aplayaz2000 wrote:

let's break it down

book that
a 20 year old game

what a joke
You sound exactly like the annoying children that I don't want to hear over voice chat.

Sorry but almost every game I've played that has in-game chat is spammed by trolls or screeching children. If I actually want to play as a team with people and have voice chat, I'll use a third party app.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Sep 6, 2006
6795 posts
1250 upvotes
Washington, DC
aplayaz2000 wrote:

let's break it down

book that
a 20 year old game

what a joke
Having a bad day?
“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
Abraham Lincoln
Oct 15, 2012
50 posts
EDMONTON
Im not impressed with what Ive seen yet but I have premium so Ill get to try it with that. It looks way too similar to BF3 from the gameplay footage they have released and doesn't look any better. This reeks of a money grab by EA which I was hoping to never see for this franchise that has some truly great games in it. I haven't been overly impressed with the quality of the DLC map packs for BF3 and feel like it's just heading in the direction of just being another game. It seems like a better deal to just sit on it and watch it go on sale 3-4 months after release for half off.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2009
1445 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
lincoln wrote:
Mar 31st, 2013 6:50 pm
Judging by the success of bf3 they will use the same strategy. They will give you the base game and one expansion with the pre-order. Later you will be able to buy all the other expansions.

Personally I feel like I've got more than my money's worth out of pre-ordering bf3 and buying the expansions for $30, but it would be nice if one of the expansions had added to the single player campaign. Beside if you think about it, even spending $80 total works out to only 20 cents per hour for the average person. That's pretty cheap entertainment if you ask me!

GMG gives you two codes when you bought the bf3 expansions so you could sell the base game, that's what I did.
An average gamer prob wouldn't spend 450 hours of their time on a SINGLE game... $80+tax=$90 divide that by 20cents = 450hrs...
Apr 7, 2011
630 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
blitzforce wrote:
Apr 21st, 2013 4:23 am
An average gamer prob wouldn't spend 450 hours of their time on a SINGLE game... $80+tax=$90 divide that by 20cents = 450hrs...
According to my stats. I spent 200 hours playing BF2. And 136 hours playing Battlefield 2142.
(This was including times where I was just screwing around to level up and get more unlocks)
I consider myself to be an average gamer, so I'd say the average would definitely be lower than 450hours.
× < >