Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
GreenmanGaming.com

XCOM Enemy Unknown $16 & 30% off all DLC's

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2013 6:57 pm
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
SuSHi wrote: off-topic but does anyone at all know their business plan? how can they continuously offer these kinds of discounts and make money? where can they possibly be sourcing all the codes from for so cheap
Yup. Most downloads are 50% off within what seems like a month of release anyway, I imagine they are still making a margin even when they discount things 25-35% constantly. Often the "after coupon" price is not a ton better than other stores prices.

This kind of business has very little operating expenses, pay for hosting, pay a couple of people to keep the pricebook updated and answer a few emails... they don't need to store or ship any product, have any store front, etc. Personally I think their "always a discount code" system is stupid, and I would rather they just skip the annoying codes and just make the prices on the site what they really are. Nobody is going to buy anything from them without at least 25% off, so just build it into your prices and quit making it confusing for no reason.

They would have to be pretty stupid to think that taking losses will "build a user base" that will continue to buy from them if their prices are no longer the best in the future. There is no reason at all to pay more for a steam code due to "loyalty". Their user base will last as long as their prices are the lowest... it needs to be a long term strategy.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2009
1669 posts
1417 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Picked up XCOM after missing the steam sale a few weeks back
Mar 1, 2005
974 posts
182 upvotes
Vancouver
mtommy79 wrote: New (price without voucher):

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes $7.49 http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/p ... er-heroes/
Ravaged $2.49 http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/p ... n/ravaged/
Hitman: Blood Money $1.99 http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/p ... ood-money/
Ravaged is now $9.99. Blood Money $5.99. Lego $29.99. Man that was a quick sale.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
7285 posts
1329 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
BinaryJay wrote: Personally I think their "always a discount code" system is stupid, and I would rather they just skip the annoying codes and just make the prices on the site what they really are.
Those codes can only be used ones per user account. So the reason why the prices aren't adjusted to the 25%-35% codes is because you can't buy more then one game at the discount price. Of course there is a work around if you have multiple accounts but still there is a reason why they use coupon codes instead of just adjusting prices.
I have no problem pressing Ctrl+C and then Ctrl+P to save 35% off a game, not sure what is so annoying about it.
Steam: SpectralMeat
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2012
1345 posts
314 upvotes
NEWMARKET
Dead Island GOTY with the code is $4.29!
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2006
1838 posts
268 upvotes
Grimsby, ON
1. Bioshock will NOT work with any vouchers whatsoever. (Straight from GMG in an email.)
2. No Ubi Soft games in Canada... which REALLY sucks. I want AC3 and FC3 and little else right now. I have a 35% off voucher waiting to be used...
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2001
1125 posts
20 upvotes
Farmhouse wrote: Dead Island GOTY with the code is $4.29!
Wow $4.29 for Dead Island GOTY is cheap...
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2541 posts
961 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
$8.12 for Chivalry if anyone is interested lol

I can't believe these vouchers.. used to be 20% now it's slowly worked its way up to 35% lol
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2012
1345 posts
314 upvotes
NEWMARKET
bibowski wrote: 1. Bioshock will NOT work with any vouchers whatsoever. (Straight from GMG in an email.)
2. No Ubi Soft games in Canada... which REALLY sucks. I want AC3 and FC3 and little else right now. I have a 35% off voucher waiting to be used...
Yeah that sucks. 35% off FC3 would have been nice.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
7285 posts
1329 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Meh about FC3. The version GMG sells is not redeemable on Steam anyways.
I'll wait for the Steam Christmas sale (supposed to start on the 20th) to get FC3, it will probably be at least 25% off.
Oct 19, 2012
172 posts
86 upvotes
Montr
FC3 is a uplay game regardless. All Steam would do is make you load a DRM to load a DRM
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
7285 posts
1329 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
hailey21 wrote: FC3 is a uplay game regardless. All Steam would do is make you load a DRM to load a DRM
That is fine, I like to keep all my games in Steam.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
3310 posts
744 upvotes
Ottawa
Do you think Sonic 4E2 is going to go on sale again?

Torchlight II for 50% off +35% is kind of tempting, but I'd rather have Sonic.

(Also, Hitman Blood Money for two bucks sounds pretty good.)

EDIT: Gacht, that's GamersGate. Never mind.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39290 posts
6324 upvotes
Winnipeg
simcity, hmmm is that the 4th one?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2007
5145 posts
21531 upvotes
Toronto
[IMG]http://gallery.mailchimp.com/72ed10ec88 ... in.101.jpg[/IMG]

GMG’s survey promised that the 35% off “WINTR-SRVEY-42012″ coupon code would be good until January first, but their latest email has moved the expiration date to December 14th.

The survey code is only good once per user, but you can combine it with GMG’s preorder initiative. Until December 14th, preordering a game from GMG will net you a 35% off coupon. You could use the survey code for 35% off a preorder and get another 35% code…which you can then use to preorder another title or grab a regular game at 35% off.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2005
1344 posts
188 upvotes
brings BF3: Aftermath expansion to $9.75....

worth it? hmm
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
2372 posts
469 upvotes
Edmonton
divx wrote: simcity, hmmm is that the 4th one?
The 5th one, coming out next year. I ordered with 35% off. CANNOT WAIT!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)