Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3445 posts
288 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake

Go to shoes?

Curious as to what everyone's go to shoes are. For example, you're headed out to the movies (or any casual social environment), what type of shoe do you wear? I usually wear plimsoll type shoes.
36 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15727 posts
4449 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Casual social/work: Allan Edmonds Normandy Boots.

LOVE them. Been wearing them everyday and all my other boots like red wings and 1ks have been collecting dust

Looks like they’re currently on sale for $330 CAD from $460 on AE. Damn that’s a good deal.

https://global.allenedmonds.com/shoes/m ... Dy&start=1

For sports wear/taking the dog on a walk, Nike lunarepics, midnight pack

My current lunarepics are starting to get a bit long in the tooth so I have a couple backup pairs. I’ll be sad when my midnight pack pair is dead though. Can’t get those shits anymore.

What I want to wear but can’t ever find an appropriate situation. My rick cargobaskets

They’re too outrageous for most events. Gotta get some use out of them. They sure as hell cost me enough.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Aug 16, 2017
114 posts
9 upvotes
skechers go walk.. it's too comfy especially if I know I'll be walking a lot...
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2310 posts
149 upvotes
reayen wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 9:34 am
skechers go walk.. it's too comfy especially if I know I'll be walking a lot...
+1 for Skecher Go. I like 'em.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11024 posts
1522 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Runners
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Jan 28, 2009
73 posts
11 upvotes
nasa25 wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 10:22 pm

LOVE them. Been wearing them everyday and all my other boots like red wings and 1ks have been collecting dust

Shouldn't you rotate your boots and not wear them everyday (and use wooden shoe trees) to improve longevity?
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15727 posts
4449 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
alvin545 wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 1:54 pm
Shouldn't you rotate your boots and not wear them everyday (and use wooden shoe trees) to improve longevity?
I use wooden shoe trees when not in use. Ideally you should rotate and I do in winter (use my 1ks and red wings indoors and some heavy duty red wings outdoors). But when it's nice out I just rock these every day. If they get worn out I'll just either resole them or get a new pair.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Jul 30, 2010
945 posts
106 upvotes
I have several colours of Hush Puppies brogues that I rotate out. Great for Jeans, Chinos or dress pants...and very comfy.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6761 posts
975 upvotes
Used to wear go walk too but they wear out too quickly and the styles are usually a bit old school. Now I wear Adidas Ultra Boost, just as comfort, longer lasting sole and trendy sytling.
Dumbbelldore wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 12:35 pm
+1 for Skecher Go. I like 'em.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11024 posts
1522 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Phatboy18 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 7:28 pm
New Balance 574.
At first, I thought this was a reference to that scene in Crazy, Stupid, Love. But, watching the clip on youtube, those shoes were New Balance 407's.

Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2310 posts
149 upvotes
hdom wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 1:14 am
Used to wear go walk too but they wear out too quickly and the styles are usually a bit old school. Now I wear Adidas Ultra Boost, just as comfort, longer lasting sole and trendy sytling.
Yea, for the comfort alone I love Skechers Go. I'm not a big fan of its style but to me if you're interested in going out for casual work like groceries or whatever, then for comfort needs I find them to be great.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3445 posts
288 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
nasa25 wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 10:22 pm

Looks like they’re currently on sale for $330 CAD from $460 on AE. Damn that’s a good deal.

https://global.allenedmonds.com/shoes/m ... Dy&start=1

For sports wear/taking the dog on a walk, Nike lunarepics, midnight pack

My current lunarepics are starting to get a bit long in the tooth so I have a couple backup pairs. I’ll be sad when my midnight pack pair is dead though. Can’t get those shits anymore.

What I want to wear but can’t ever find an appropriate situation. My rick cargobaskets

They’re too outrageous for most events. Gotta get some use out of them. They sure as hell cost me enough.
How do the lunarepics compare to ultraboost in terms of comfort?