• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2017 12:47 pm
Tags:
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11023 posts
1521 upvotes
City of Vancouver
When it is gently raining in Vancouver, I wear Hunter Original Tall boots. If it is cold, windy, and raining, I wear short Hunters paired with my Patagonia ice climbing pants with elastic cuffs.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Nov 10, 2010
358 posts
129 upvotes
Hamilton
Becks wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 4:05 pm
When it is gently raining in Vancouver, I wear Hunter Original Tall boots. If it is cold, windy, and raining, I wear short Hunters paired with my Patagonia ice climbing pants with elastic cuffs.
I have some short men's hunters I bought to walk the dog when it's raining, but they're really not great for walking in
Nov 10, 2010
358 posts
129 upvotes
Hamilton
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 10:16 am
I had some IRs and sold them awhile back to a fellow RFDer. Gorgeous boots but I just had too many.

The IRs need lots of working in to get them comfortable imo but once they are worked in I hear they are amazing. I also have some RW Ice cutters and a few pairs of beckmans that are relatively comfortable out of the box

I'd say the leather quality (kudo leather) on the Normandy's is a step above Red Wing and even the few pairs of 1k's that I have. Build quality wise the normandy's are a bit hit and miss but the overall quality of the boot and comfort are among the best I've ever worn (I'd say my 1k's come in 2nd, comfort wise)

The only thing with the normandy, the laces wear and break over time and AE flat out told me they don't sell replacement laces for that boot which is a massive piss off.

The major selling points of the Normandy are:

1. That kudo leather is buttery soft and epic
2. Comfort factor is second to none
3. Durability. Soles wear pretty well and are still in good shape even after hundreds of wears
4. Sexy as all f. They look like the boots your grandfather would have worn storming the beaches of Normandy.
How do the Normandys fit? I went down an entire size for my IRs, and they fit great. I haven't tried any AEs before so not sure what size to order if I did pull the trigger
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15662 posts
4416 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
AwCrimety wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 7:03 pm
How do the Normandys fit? I went down an entire size for my IRs, and they fit great. I haven't tried any AEs before so not sure what size to order if I did pull the trigger
Yup IRs are a solid size down.

Normandy’s are probably half to a full size down. I downsized by half and my boots are slightly too big but still fit pretty well.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Nov 10, 2010
358 posts
129 upvotes
Hamilton
Ah, I was hoping you'd say something more concrete Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes I'll try to find somewhere to try them on, then keep an eye out for seconds. There's a 9.5 available right now that might fit, but I'd rather not gamble
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15662 posts
4416 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
AwCrimety wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 7:58 pm
Ah, I was hoping you'd say something more concrete Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes I'll try to find somewhere to try them on, then keep an eye out for seconds. There's a 9.5 available right now that might fit, but I'd rather not gamble
Yeah that’s the issue... I don’t know anywhere that sells Normandy’s (locally).

Only thing you can do is try my pair on when you grab your SmartThings stuff so you at least have an idea lol.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Apr 9, 2013
14 posts
Mississauga
Depends on what I'm wearing and how casual the occasion is.

I have a beater pair of grey suede Asics Onitsuka Tiger sneakers that I wear for really casual meetups, visiting friends' houses or if I'm running errands. I also wear my adidas x Bedwin NMD R1s and Visvim x Mastermind Japan Foley Folk from time to time.

For semi-casual meetups/dinners, I lean towards my Walk-Over derbies or an old pair of vintage boots in dark brown. I have a pair of Viberg service boots that I'm aiming to work into the rotation soon.