God of War Release Date Officially Confirmed

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 4th, 2018 12:25 pm
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
I'm not going to switch difficulty forbthebsakebof besting the game otherwise I would have just selected easy which they call story mode, fittingly enough.

You just have to have patience I guess. Got the next two days off so I'll best it for sure.

Storywise it's better than tomb Raider since its action after action. Tomb Raider you walk around admiring the graphics but the devs did a great job with the hardware they have. The more skill you unlock the more fun the game gets as well.
Apr 30, 2016
521 posts
310 upvotes
GTA
XFactor11 wrote: Amazon Prime couriers failed to deliver the E3 2016 pre-order I placed for God of War.
I contacted customer service to complain and all they did was extend my Prime membership by another month and schedule a delivery attempt for the next day.

Really lousy since I have bought several thousands of dollars worth of things on Amazon the last couple of years and have been a Prime member for 2 or 3 years now.
For receiving games on release day, they have been awful.
I pre-ordered June 2017 and my game did not come on the release date (Apr 20th). Very disappointed with Amazon Prime and i am expecting to get the game sometime between Apr 26 - May 3. Bummer.

But i did get a $5 voucher for calling in and complain.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4156 posts
522 upvotes
grats to santa monica
hope to pick it up in the summer/fall
Russell wrote: We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1670 posts
719 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote: Amazon Prime couriers failed to deliver the E3 2016 pre-order I placed for God of War.
I contacted customer service to complain and all they did was extend my Prime membership by another month and schedule a delivery attempt for the next day.

Really lousy since I have bought several thousands of dollars worth of things on Amazon the last couple of years and have been a Prime member for 2 or 3 years now.
For receiving games on release day, they have been awful.
If Amazon has been awful at delivering pre-ordered games on release day then why do you continue to use them? What is the benefit? Just curious.

According to Eurogamer, Sony and Amazon are feuding and don't like eachother with majority of Sony's big titles no longer availlable for pre-order including God of War, Detroit and Spiderman. I wonder if that had an effect on people receiving their pre-orders late?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... rom-amazon
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
2081 posts
1062 upvotes
Toronto
love the game so far, I am playing on "give me a challenge" difficulty and its really hard! You really have to be patient, maximize your skills and Atreus, and block a lot.

I was playing on the hardest difficulty for 1 1/2 hour but gave up lol. The 2nd hardest difficulty is right down my alley. I wanted a challenge anyway and don't want to streamroll the game.

I am really impressed. The music rocks!

Congrats to Santa Monica Studious for creating this amazing game.
Nov 17, 2006
425 posts
33 upvotes
Richmond Hill
lol I bought the ps4 pro gow edition on friday and I still have yet to play it because I haven't found any time. Oh well, knowing that I can always pop in the game and relax will at least satisfy me for now.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
Bryson wrote: If Amazon has been awful at delivering pre-ordered games on release day then why do you continue to use them? What is the benefit? Just curious.

According to Eurogamer, Sony and Amazon are feuding and don't like eachother with majority of Sony's big titles no longer availlable for pre-order including God of War, Detroit and Spiderman. I wonder if that had an effect on people receiving their pre-orders late?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... rom-amazon
For E3 Pre-orders made in 2016, new games were $49.99 instead of $79.99.
Even non-first party Sony games do not arrive on release date from Amazon and sometimes more than a week after the street date with Amazon Prime membership.
I have bought Nintendo Switch, XBox One games, and amiibos and they often arrive days or even more than a week after the official release date.

Amazon Prime has "Free shipping" options for all items you buy from there without a minimum order amount.
Therefore, you can place an order of something that is around $5-20 and they will still ship it without any shipping fees.

I would say Amazon is good for delivering things other than video games within a reasonable time frame.
Amazon will always use their own 3rd party couriers (I think these are usually random Uber drivers), unless you do not forward
items to a Canada Post pickup location which forces them to use Canada Post instead.
Forwarding items to a Canada Post pickup location adds a few additional days to the delivery progress.

Despite slow delivery with games, Amazon Prime also gives you access to Amazon Prime Video and Twitch Prime memberships.
I sometimes buy 4K UHD movies on Amazon.com instead to get the better versions of those movies (Prime membership does not work on the USA site).
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2011
5776 posts
3926 upvotes
Toronto and London
There are so many upgrades and customization options.

Also this is probably the best combat I have ever experienced apart from some oddities with the camera angle.

This game is so rich in content that I am astounded coming from previous GOWs.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1670 posts
719 upvotes
Redmask wrote: You're getting me psyched up, Amazon failed to deliver my order on time but I should have it this week. Can't wait.
The game is a little tough in the early going but really gets going once the map opens up and you get some skills and then the game goes from good to great imo.

Just a quick suggestion, I suggest turning off the HUD and playing in immersive mode! I am not one to do this usually but it adds so much to this game. Leave the HUD on until you are familiar with the game mechanics and then you should be good to turn it off once you reach the Lake. The game is fully playable without a HUD. I am using a custom HUD myself with enemy bars enabled and to display Lore and pick ups while I have access to the rest of the HUD with a swipe of the touchpad which pops up for a second.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
I found time to play it for a few hours yesterday. The graphics are pretty amazing. Some of the fights are a bit tricky, but I imagine I'll get stronger as the game goes on. I made it to the lake, and went to a random statue, put my arm in some kind of black hole, then fought two purple beasts, and got some random item... lol. i'll have to explore the area bit more before I move on with the story.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4156 posts
522 upvotes
how's the game on a 1080p display with a PS4P?
Russell wrote: We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
twitchyzero wrote: how's the game on a 1080p display with a PS4P?
There are a ton of comparison vids out if you check youtube. From what I've seen there's hardly any noticeable difference in overall image quality aside from distant details like foliage looking a little sharper on the pro. The more interesting thing with the Pro is the performance mode which hovers been 40-50 fps but a locked 30 might be better than that tbh.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1670 posts
719 upvotes
twitchyzero wrote: how's the game on a 1080p display with a PS4P?
The game is stunningly gorgeous even at 1080p. With the Pro you have the option of running the game at 4K mode with a locked 30 fps which downsamples the image down to 1080p for improved clarity OR you can run in Performance mode which runs at 1080p with an uncapped framerate which targets 60fps.

I started the game in Performance mode right off the bat and when I switched over to 4K mode just to see the difference, that only lasted 10 seconds before I switched back. Like most PC guys will tell you, once you get a taste of those higher framerates it's hard to go back. Everything is so much smoother. For what it's worth, Digital Foundry recommends playing in 4K mode while Polygon recommends playing in Performance mode so it depends on which you prefer, resolution or framerate.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
Bryson wrote: The game is stunningly gorgeous even at 1080p. With the Pro you have the option of running the game at 4K mode with a locked 30 fps which downsamples the image down to 1080p for improved clarity OR you can run in Performance mode which runs at 1080p with an uncapped framerate which targets 60fps.

I started the game in Performance mode right off the bat and when I switched over to 4K mode just to see the difference, that only lasted 10 seconds before I switched back. Like most PC guys will tell you, once you get a taste of those higher framerates it's hard to go back. Everything is so much smoother. For what it's worth, Digital Foundry recommends playing in 4K mode while Polygon recommends playing in Performance mode so it depends on which you prefer, resolution or framerate.
it's not a very stable 60FPS in performance mode though which IMO is worse than a consistent 30FPS.
Aug 20, 2009
9827 posts
5935 upvotes
Finally had a chance to play last night and was up til midnight! It is very different from previous titles but I'm loving what they did with it. Graphics are awesome, gameplay is really fluid and performance is fine. It is much tougher than I thought it would be but I'm enjoying the challenge. Can't wait to play more when I get home. Sony is just killing it with the exclusives.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote: it's not a very stable 60FPS in performance mode though which IMO is worse than a consistent 30FPS.
I thought the unlocked frame rate in Infamous Second Son was much better than locked and I'm pretty sure that almost never hit 60fps though it was pretty stable at whatever it was actually running at (40-50 if i had to guess). If it's all over the place then a locked 30 would be better.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
2712 posts
1058 upvotes
Running performance mode. No regrets. The game is awesome.