None
[OP]
Penalty Box
Mar 28, 2007
2901 posts
361 upvotes

GoDaddy Renewals?

Hey all,

So I am almost up for renewal for my GoDaddy domain. The total comes to about $16 with taxes and fees for a .com renewal. Is there any coupon code to reduce this? I looked around but didn't come across any... Would it be cheaper to switch to another company to renew my domain? Any help is appreciated
Positive Investing!
3 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
1341 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto
GoDaddy couldn't care less about the people who renew and it is near enough impossible to find a code if you are doing this. Good luck though!
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2489 posts
1477 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
+1

Renewal coupons are as rare as LNG developments in BC. If you have lots of domains and pay for their 'membership' plan (I forget what it's called right now) you can get savings, but you'd have to have a lot to make the subscription fee worthwhile.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2693 posts
235 upvotes
Markham
^^ Yep. Gotta pay for their membership plan and subscribe to their newsletter. I've learned now:

1. Register domain for 2-3 years with a coupon code (between $10-20 cost)
2. If i'm actually using it, I'll pay the renewal fee at regular price. If i'm not, i'll let it expire & renew it in another few months if available
Be Happy