Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Gog.com

The Witcher 3 - Game of the Year Edition - $21.09

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2019 9:15 pm
Nov 14, 2017
115 posts
99 upvotes

Deal Link:
Price:
$21.09
Savings:
70% off
Retailer:
Gog.com

This is the Game of the Year Edition and includes all the DLC content. This version is intended for Windows 7, 8, or 10 users, is DRM free and comes with a 30 day money back guarantee.

The Standard Version is only $16.79 but I would highly recommend the GOTY edition as the expansion packs are fantastic and well worth the few extra bucks.

If you want to get your feet wet in the Witcher world at a truly minimum cost The Witcher 2 is also on sale at 85% off or $3.99.
Last edited by Andrew747 on Feb 19th, 2019 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
39 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
2099 posts
1824 upvotes
AB
Best game I've played in my entire life
Nov 23, 2012
475 posts
327 upvotes
Sherbrooke, Qc
.fess wrote: Best game I've played in my entire life
I'd agree, I'd also say incredible graphics and well optimized.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2011
1676 posts
1073 upvotes
Ottawa Valley
Historic low.

never been able to buy from gog. Always get a grayed out pay button.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts.
Mar 16, 2008
462 posts
1010 upvotes
Neocodex wrote: Historic low.

Weird, I was able to input my infos and proceed.
It's 21.09 CAD by the way, I thought it would be USD. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
2028 posts
2009 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I loved Skyrim, mass effect, dragon age (not inquisiton) and have tried multiple times to get into Witcher 3 but I just can't, am I weird?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9849 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
The GOG version with a few mods is the definitive way to play this game and by far the best game I've ever played in my life. CDPR is one of the few big developers that prioritizes PC as a platform and it really shows in this game because the console versions simply don't compare to the experience on PC.
chevyz07 wrote: I loved Skyrim, mass effect, dragon age (not inquisiton) and have tried multiple times to get into Witcher 3 but I just can't, am I weird?
It depends how you were playing and what you didn't enjoy about it. The common factor I've found with people who don't enjoy this game is they were playing on consoles and/or they're using a terrible character build, playing on too high difficulty and trying to take the combat too seriously.
Nov 14, 2017
115 posts
99 upvotes
Neocodex wrote: Historic low.

You should try clearing your cookies or even a different browser. If your ip address has been flagged then you need to use a vpn.
Nov 14, 2017
115 posts
99 upvotes
ChrisR wrote: Weird, I was able to input my infos and proceed.
It's 21.09 CAD by the way, I thought it would be USD. Thanks OP!
You're welcome!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5898 posts
2331 upvotes
Toronto
put price in header plz
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
2028 posts
2009 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ReeGee wrote: The GOG version with a few mods is the definitive way to play this game and by far the best game I've ever played in my life. CDPR is one of the few big developers that prioritizes PC as a platform and it really shows in this game because the console versions simply don't compare to the experience on PC.

It depends how you were playing and what you didn't enjoy about it. The common factor I've found with people who don't enjoy this game is they were playing on consoles and/or they're using a terrible character build, playing on too high difficulty and trying to take the combat too seriously.
Still not sure why I didn't like it. I'm a PC only and not underpowered, but I gave up after 10 hours. Same thing with inquisition, gave up after 20 hours.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
2099 posts
1824 upvotes
AB
chevyz07 wrote: Still not sure why I didn't like it. I'm a PC only and not underpowered, but I gave up after 10 hours. Same thing with inquisition, gave up after 20 hours.
Never liked or played RPGs before, but when I saw Yennifer I instantly became a convert and sank 180+ hours into this damn game. Being able to mod the game to your liking is another reason.
Aug 6, 2015
146 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Fantastic Game. Agree with others - the best game ever! Played it on PS4 first - beat it, then bought the used XB360 just to play the Witcher 2, beat it! Then I bought the Xbox One X and a new copy of the Witcher 3 GOTY just to play it remastered in 4k, beat it. Then I retrofitted my old PC with a new Nvidia card, and bought Witcher 1, and Witcher 2, and Witcher 3 GOTY- at one of the sales at GOG - few months back for $35.00CDN for all, tax included . Replayed Witcher 2, currently playing Witcher 1. The whole series is a masterpiece - all of them. Very though - if not impossible - for any developer (including CD Projekt Red itself) to top the greatness of the Witcher series. Let's hope Cyberpunk 2077 will at least come close to it.

My advice - buy all 3 Witchers - you will not regret it.
Jan 6, 2013
214 posts
337 upvotes
JONQUIERE
.fess wrote: Never liked or played RPGs before, but when I saw Yennifer I instantly became a convert and sank 180+ hours into this damn game. Being able to mod the game to your liking is another reason.
Bah, Triss all the way!

On a side note. I've said it in other posts. Just be aware of the time you have available to spend on a game.
Dec 14, 2008
722 posts
323 upvotes
Toronto
ReeGee wrote: The GOG version with a few mods is the definitive way to play this game and by far the best game I've ever played in my life. CDPR is one of the few big developers that prioritizes PC as a platform and it really shows in this game because the console versions simply don't compare to the experience on PC.
Looked up videos on the 'must have mods' and I have to say I'm not necessarily a fan of some of the changes. They're ok, but they change the look/feel (drastically in some cases) and I'd rather play the standard version first, then make a decision to replay with mods if I think it's worth it.

Also so far it's just ok. I feel like I'm guiding Geralt more than role playing him though, which, I guess is ok if you're more about the story versus gameplay? *shrug*
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
2099 posts
1824 upvotes
AB
If you are still on the fence, check out this 90+ minute Witcher 3 concert:

That should tell you how much talent, time and effort on ALL fronts of the development (especially music) went into the game.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9849 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
ieGod wrote: Looked up videos on the 'must have mods' and I have to say I'm not necessarily a fan of some of the changes. They're ok, but they change the look/feel (drastically in some cases) and I'd rather play the standard version first, then make a decision to replay with mods if I think it's worth it.

Also so far it's just ok. I feel like I'm guiding Geralt more than role playing him though, which, I guess is ok if you're more about the story versus gameplay? *shrug*
I don't know what those videos recommended but I don't recommend changing things too much rather I'd only recommend the texture overhaul which retains the original look but just drastically increases quality of scenery especially during dialog and also simple QOL mods like show all quest markers and unbreakable weapons.

and yes it's a very story heavy game that takes a while to really open up and that's why I recommend lower difficulties and not getting too caught up in unnecessarily complicated and time consuming combat. Turn the difficulty down, unlock sword and sign skills ASAP and enjoy as an action game with an outstanding story and world.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2011
1676 posts
1073 upvotes
Ottawa Valley
No dice. Different browsers, different computers, even mobile. Pay button grayed out. Googled it and it seems to be not uncommon, but no real solutions.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3733 posts
2064 upvotes
chevyz07 wrote: I loved Skyrim, mass effect, dragon age (not inquisiton) and have tried multiple times to get into Witcher 3 but I just can't, am I weird?
Nope but given how numerous the shilling and fanboy-ism is for this game, you'll feel like you are.
chevyz07 wrote: Still not sure why I didn't like it. I'm a PC only and not underpowered, but I gave up after 10 hours. Same thing with inquisition, gave up after 20 hours.
Likely because it lacks actual gameplay. It's more of a movie or interactive book than it is a playable game. The combat system is mindless, the controls are passable but annoying, movement is a joke (on foot and on horseback - you'll constantly get stuck or your character will do idiotic things you didn't want them to), NPCs feel lifeless unless they're in a cutscene of which there are endless hours of such, monsters don't feel "organic" either and they are "anchored" to areas, loot is essentially pointless and it's a significant immersion-breaker that you can just loot peasant's belongings right in front of them and they couldn't give a flying fook, you get punished for exploring unless what you find is related to an active quest, there's not much choice in how you "build" your character, you don't actually "roleplay" (You have to be Geralt of Rivia), the game is still full of bugs, the side-quests seem original at first but quickly become repetitive and feel very dare I say MMO-ish, the cutscenes I mentioned constantly take you out of the game and ruin immersion and the "Ciri" chase-carrot seems disconnected from just about everything else you do in the game. To those not willing to overlook all these things, the game becomes a chore to play. To those who do overlook these things (or don't acknowledge or recognize them to begin with) the game is game of the century. I believe this to be the most overrated game of all time and I am taken aback at how savage the lovers of this game tend to be towards people who draw attention to these shortcomings. I played up until around the endlessly annoying "find Dandelion" quest and then threw in the towel. Tried to play the game 5 times before giving up each time. The only reason I tried so many times is because of the popular praise it gets. I'm now starting again one last time but I am going to play only to "find out what happens" rather than worrying about the lack of gameplay. Am I having fun? M'eh...not really. On a related note, I've been watching the Steam Stats page for the games that people tend to come back to over and over again. This game doesn't tend to be one of them. It's consistently lower on the list (by player volume) than Skyrim (example) and there's a good reason for that - again, lack of gameplay and by extension to such, lack of replayability. I play games with gameplay itself as a first priority. Story is secondary to gameplay as far as I'm concerned but judging from the mass praise this game has received, it would seem that I'm in the vast minority wrt this gaming philosophy.

Anyhow, for those who already have the base game and enjoy it, the expansion pass is $10.69 as well. You end up with the GOTY edition if you buy it:

https://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_ ... nsion_pass

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)