Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
GOG Connect

40 NEW titles added: Reus, Deponia, Dropsy, Brutal Legend and more!

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2017 2:31 pm
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10595 posts
15784 upvotes
GT-EH

40 NEW titles added: Reus, Deponia, Dropsy, Brutal Legend and more!

Deal Link:
Price:
FREE
Savings:
100%
Retailer:
GOG Connect
This is not a deal per say... but I'm posting in the hot deals for exposure.

There are currently 40 titles via GOG Connect.

You can get a free copy of all of them if you have all 40 on your STEAM account.

I logged in and grabbed 20 of 40 available for free... this all depends on what you have.

LINK -- https://www.gog.com/connect
Public Mobile Customer, $34/50GB CAN-US
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
8 replies
Dec 16, 2010
810 posts
246 upvotes
Thanks! I didn't know this was a thing.

Also, it seems you're better doing this ASAP if you want to maximize the number of games you'll get :

"You'll be able to permanently import all the games listed below to your GOG.com library – assuming you own them. The eligible games are limited-time offers made possible by participating developers and publishers, so stay tuned for more games to come."

Oh and it may be obvious for everyone else but just in case, make sure to click the "Add games" (or something like that) after linking your accounts. I was doing this from the office while working on something else and I almost missed it since I thought linking them was good enough.

Here are the steps from their FAQ :

"1) Log in to, or create, your GOG.com account.
2) Log in to your Steam account via the secure form.
3) Use the ""Import Games"" button on this page. You can deselect any games you don't want to import - otherwise all of your eligible games will be added to your GOG.com library."

Enjoy!

EDIT : Just checked my emails, and according to GoG, that's $608.50 worth of games that they've added for free in my library. Obviously, I wouldn't have bought them twice at full price, but still, good job GoG...good job!
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
Too bad it doesn't work the other way around, would love to buy brutal legend for 1.49 and have it rollover to my steam account :)
Aug 1, 2005
311 posts
275 upvotes
I'm confused. If I already own the games, why do I want them here? Are people planning to ditch steam for this?
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10595 posts
15784 upvotes
GT-EH
metaphor_ wrote: I'm confused. If I already own the games, why do I want them here? Are people planning to ditch steam for this?
DRM free.

That way you can download these games and play them without any of the restrictions.

Anywhere, any machine, any time.
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I don't see the point. I can already play all of my steam games on any machine, any time. Still there is no reason NOT to.
Jul 28, 2010
903 posts
586 upvotes
With GOG you can save DRM free installers to your PC, something that Steam does not feature. If Steam servers ever go down, you're SOL.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
2217 posts
952 upvotes
Toronto
metaphor_ wrote: I'm confused. If I already own the games, why do I want them here? Are people planning to ditch steam for this?
GOG games also tend to be better maintained, running older Steam games is a pain, getting the correct settings with backwards compatibility or installing emulators can take a while. I've never had to do that with any GOG games.
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10595 posts
15784 upvotes
GT-EH
BinaryJay wrote: I don't see the point. I can already play all of my steam games on any machine, any time. Still there is no reason NOT to.
I think the number of games you can play simultaneously is restricted.

Let's say you have 3 machines, and you want to play all 3 different games on 3 machines at the same time.

I think STEAM restricts you to 1 game at any given time.
(it doesn't matter how many machines you have)

GOG and Humble DRM free accounts are convenient to have to get around this restriction.