Hot Deals

[Goggles4u] Prescription Glasses 50% Off Total Order, $20 Single Prescription, $60 Progressives, Shipped To Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2017 2:56 am
Aug 28, 2013
70 posts
44 upvotes
Montr
I ordered 2 pairs/styles of aviator sunglasses. They came super fast (DHL Express, from Karachi) Ordered Sept 28th. recieved October 5th (8days)
54$ USD for both pairs including shipping.
Upon first try, they seem great!

Now I can live my dreams by looking like a cop, a military dude, an actor or a musician!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8499 posts
2024 upvotes
Toronto
hektic wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 4:11 am
I ordered 2 pairs/styles of aviator sunglasses. They came super fast (DHL Express, from Karachi) Ordered Sept 28th. recieved October 5th (8days)
54$ USD for both pairs including shipping.
Upon first try, they seem great!

Now I can live my dreams by looking like a cop, a military dude, an actor or a musician!
Now you just have to work on your mustache. Winking Face
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8499 posts
2024 upvotes
Toronto
I got this in an Email from G4U yesterday. BOGO on digital progressive lenses code BOGOPROG. Not sure if this is a special offer on digital progressives or whether they are making the progressives all digital.
I couldn't see a separate price for DIgital, so draw your own conclusion
Images
  • email-digiprog-jul.jpg
May 8, 2010
22 posts
8 upvotes
Ordered the below for 45$ USD. Had the same experience as another RFD'er regarding the angle of the lens in the frame. There's a distinct white band around the lens. I quote from their support "It happened because we don't polish fullrim frame lenses" "We request you to select the new frame with halfrim or rimless so that this problem won't happen again". Wouldn't recommend for users with a high index.

G4U 2006 Pantos Eyeglasses 119703
G4U 2006 Pantos Eyeglasses 119703-c
Lens
1.67 High Index Lenses with Coatings
Prescription Type
Distance Lenses
Anti Reflective Coating
Anti Reflective Coating (Included Free)
Images
  • 20171009_211324.jpg
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8499 posts
2024 upvotes
Toronto
darknin wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 12:17 am
Ordered the below for 45$ USD. Had the same experience as another RFD'er regarding the angle of the lens in the frame. There's a distinct white band around the lens. I quote from their support "It happened because we don't polish fullrim frame lenses" "We request you to select the new frame with halfrim or rimless so that this problem won't happen again". Wouldn't recommend for users with a high index.

G4U 2006 Pantos Eyeglasses 119703
G4U 2006 Pantos Eyeglasses 119703-c
Lens
1.67 High Index Lenses with Coatings
Prescription Type
Distance Lenses
Anti Reflective Coating
Anti Reflective Coating (Included Free)
Thanks for the review and pic. Much more obvious a problem than I had envisioned.
Are you going to try a free replacement with their other frame recommendations?
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2662 posts
1395 upvotes
Richmond
darknin wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 12:17 am
Ordered the below for 45$ USD. Had the same experience as another RFD'er regarding the angle of the lens in the frame.
This was the photo I sent to G4U when I complained about this "white ring" issue:
G4UglassesS.jpg

This was their response: "We do not polish the edges of the full rim frames. Also, the frames are cut according to the frame shape and style. If you are not satisfied with the received glasses then we can offer you a one time exchange as per our policy, but it will be better if you proceed with full-rim plastic frames as they will be wider and the edges will be covered. "
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8499 posts
2024 upvotes
Toronto
Eye Buy Direct has the BOGO offer, plus free shipping to Canada, today only, for World Sight Day.
Dec 10, 2008
806 posts
88 upvotes
I ordered progressive lenses glasses but they sent me single vision . I complained then they resend another pair claiming it to be progressive but they are still single vision. I emailed them to let them k ow o don't need refund but just improve your service. They kept saying that they are progressive and advised me to wear them 24hrs. But I know the difference because I got my first progressive from clearly and they are different from goggles4u
Dec 10, 2008
806 posts
88 upvotes
idiotcanuck wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 9:59 am
Eye Buy Direct has the BOGO offer, plus free shipping to Canada, today only, for World Sight Day.
Bogo is of frame not the Progressive lenses
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8499 posts
2024 upvotes
Toronto
adiprince1 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 10:44 am
I ordered progressive lenses glasses but they sent me single vision . I complained then they resend another pair claiming it to be progressive but they are still single vision. I emailed them to let them k ow o don't need refund but just improve your service. They kept saying that they are progressive and advised me to wear them 24hrs. But I know the difference because I got my first progressive from clearly and they are different from goggles4u
Hard to fathom how they could make the same gross error twice. I could see them messing up the prescription, PD etc, but making single prescription glasses when progressives are ordered, twice, is mind boggling. There is no higher magnification at all?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
2905 posts
189 upvotes
I received my glasses extremely quick as well, but also have the white rim issue. I'll upload a picture when I get a chance. Exactly what types of frames are they talking about? Can someone post some examples of full rim plastic frames?
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2662 posts
1395 upvotes
Richmond
movieking wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 7:01 am
I received my glasses extremely quick as well, but also have the white rim issue. I'll upload a picture when I get a chance. Exactly what types of frames are they talking about? Can someone post some examples of full rim plastic frames?
These are full rim plastic frames, model https://www.goggles4u.com/g4u-rectangle ... 431-c.html, replacement order with the same prescription as my first wire-frame set. The white rim issue is still there, just slightly less noticeable with full rims (not quite as bad as it appears in the photo, as the close-up angle of the lens tends to catch the light at the outer edge).

To try to give a better sense of the problem, I've added a 2nd photo comparing these G4U glasses with a previous set of Zenni glasses (same prescription), front view of the lenses side by side. I think this 2nd photo gives you a better view of how the problem of the angled white rim appears from the front compared to a more conventional edge grind. This is exactly how it appears to me when I look in the mirror.
Images
  • G4U-2.jpg
  • G4U-Zenni.jpg
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10575 posts
3372 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Zenni Review:

I ordered a pair of sunglasses from Zenni on 28Sep. They arrived today, so two weeks later. They were shipped from Ocusun LLC in Burlington, ON which I presume is a drop-mail for Zenni. There were no added taxes, duties or brokerage fees. I ordered from Zenni rather than G4U because the latter doesn't offer polarized lenses.

These are premium titanium frames, progressive, digitally-ground lenses, polarized and tinted. Total cost US$143 or CA$178. This compares to a similar pair of regular (non-tinted) glasses that I bought from UW School of Optometry a couple of years ago for $730! The frames alone cost as much as the total order from Zenni. Indeed UW offered me clip-ons for as much as the cost of Zennis.

Frame quality is good. Fit and finish is excellent. I did have to squeeze the two plastic nose pieces apart a bit but that was easy and required no tools.

Optical quality seems fine. I can't discern any difference between the regular glasses I've had for two years and these new ones. The polarization doesn't affect viewing my smartphone in either screen orientation nor are there any distortions looking through my car's windshield. I've had problems with both using other sunglasses. I ordered 80% tint, however, it's rather cloudy today so I can't really test how well they cut out bright sunlight.

All in all I'm very pleased with the quality and value. Zenni is a good option if you want higher-end frames, digital grinding and/or polarization.
veni, vidi, Visa
Jul 2, 2014
292 posts
48 upvotes
Maple, ON
I ordered two pairs of aviators and it came in a week. I live near wonderland. The aviators are good in terms of prescription. I can't complain much there. However, the stem that connects the nose pads to the frame are not symmetrical. I broke them off trying to align the nose pads properly so I left a 4 out of 5 review basucally stating it was my own fault for being careless but the my OCD keeps me at fiddling with the pads trying to make them perfect.

Customer service contacted me and sent me a new pair for free. The new one that arrived has the stems symmetrical so its been good.

The other pair I haven't touched yet but they are supposedly prescription blue tinted. I left em in the car for when I need em.
Dec 10, 2008
806 posts
88 upvotes
idiotcanuck wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 3:30 pm
Hard to fathom how they could make the same gross error twice. I could see them messing up the prescription, PD etc, but making single prescription glasses when progressives are ordered, twice, is mind boggling. There is no higher magnification at all?
Yea well I gave up on them already but for single vision they are fine

All other places are very expensive now adat specially for progressive even clearly have bumped up their prices

Edit : they fixed it issue. Sent the correct ones for free
Last edited by adiprince1 on Oct 13th, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.