Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Goggles4u

Prescription Glasses 50% Off Total Order, $20 Single Prescription, $60 Progressives, Shipped To Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2017 5:51 am
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
3295 posts
453 upvotes
And actually found it now, it's on the splash page. Must have missed it before...
Jun 18, 2015
345 posts
266 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
ChippewaBarr wrote: Might be a stupid question, but are these able to be claimed through my govt work benefits?
I've never had any issues
May 23, 2008
979 posts
459 upvotes
Toronto
glaecier wrote: Would you be charged any duty/taxes since some people claim that its shipped from the US?
I just got a message from DHL saying I must pay $19 in duties,taxes and fees on a USD $40 order. Anyone else encounter this?
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
Avignon wrote: I just got a message from DHL saying I must pay $19 in duties,taxes and fees on a USD $40 order. Anyone else encounter this?
No never. As discussed early in the thread , glasses are exempt from duty taxes.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29709 posts
29127 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Avignon wrote: I just got a message from DHL saying I must pay $19 in duties,taxes and fees on a USD $40 order. Anyone else encounter this?
Call DHL and point out that the contents of the package is prescription glasses which isn't subject to duties or HST. There should be a customs sticker on the package that states the contents. (Otherwise how would they have come up with the value?)

See What's Taxable Under the HST and What's Not? page 6.
veni, vidi, Visa
Jul 16, 2017
7 posts
3 upvotes
I ordered one designer glasses with premium photochromic coatings, spent about 50$. I should've use this coupon!
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
Promo code DN50 is still active for 50% off, and Progressives with Photochromic (Transition type lenses) are available again 1.56 index and at a lower price.
$49.90 US upcharge plus frame, less 50% plus shipping.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
A little update: Over time I just wasn't completely satisfied with the fit of my progressive glasses. They were OK, and definitely usable, but just not perfect. So I asked for a replacement, and they did supply me with another pair of progressives in a different, larger frame of my choosing, and that seems to have, done it. So far, happy with the new pair and now I have a pair of spare progressives, that I can use, whenever, since they allow you to keep the originals.

Promo Code DN50 for 50% off is still active.
With current pricing, this brings progressives into the $35-$40 US range and progressives with photochromic lenses (Transitions) into the $45-$50 US range.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)