Hot Deals

[Goggles4u] Prescription Glasses 50% Off Total Order, $20 Single Prescription, $60 Progressives, Shipped To Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2017 2:56 am
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10564 posts
3365 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Variability wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 10:29 am
Does anyone know where to buy prescription safety glasses? It'd be a good gift for my dad who likes carpentry and he keeps using his regular glasses since he's getting older now and doesn't use safety glasses.
http://www.rx-safety.com/prescription-s ... asses.html

https://www.framesdirect.com/landing/a/ ... asses.html

Found via https://www.google.ca/search?q=prescrip ... ses+online. I'd imagine there are more vendors. I'd also contact the usual suspects like Zenni and Clearly to see if they offer them.
veni, vidi, Visa
Jul 10, 2007
311 posts
196 upvotes
Edmonton
Faith24 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 9:52 am
You do realize that almost all the "high end" and "designer" brands come from the same single supplier as the cheap brands?: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/high-pres ... -1.1130610
You'll have to look around for boutique opticals that sell non Luxottica brands. Lots of very nice, unique independent frame lines out there that optical carry. Just have to look around.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
2898 posts
189 upvotes
Is there an easy way to find what can be used as prescription sunglasses? I found one that has 3 different tints, but there's only a picture for one. I can't seem to find an option to view the whole selection. Is there a way to do this?
Last edited by movieking on Oct 26th, 2017 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10564 posts
3365 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
movieking wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 9:29 am
Is there an easy way to find what can be used as prescription glasses? I found one that has 3 different tints, but there's only a picture for one. I can't seem to find an option to view the whole selection. Is there a way to do this?
I don't understand what you're asking. G4U lets you filter by a variety of criteria. Go to the Prescription Glasses page, then click on ▼ Filter.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10564 posts
3365 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Try the Search box, e.g. "tinted glasses men."

Or look for the glasses you want, enter Rx info, etc. At some point they'll offer options like coatings and tinting. But note their FAQ says, "available with 1.57 CR 39 Index Lenses only" so you may have to select that lens material before you see tinting.

And FWIW I decided not to buy prescription sunglasses from G4U because they don't offer polarization. That's an important feature that cuts down on glare, especially in bright sunlight on snow or water, driving, etc.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
2898 posts
189 upvotes
And actually found it now, it's on the splash page. Must have missed it before...
Jun 18, 2015
159 posts
87 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
ChippewaBarr wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 11:59 am
Might be a stupid question, but are these able to be claimed through my govt work benefits?
I've never had any issues
May 23, 2008
452 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
glaecier wrote:
Aug 26th, 2017 9:33 pm
Would you be charged any duty/taxes since some people claim that its shipped from the US?
I just got a message from DHL saying I must pay $19 in duties,taxes and fees on a USD $40 order. Anyone else encounter this?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8497 posts
2023 upvotes
Toronto
Avignon wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 10:02 am
I just got a message from DHL saying I must pay $19 in duties,taxes and fees on a USD $40 order. Anyone else encounter this?
No never. As discussed early in the thread , glasses are exempt from duty taxes.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10564 posts
3365 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Avignon wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 10:02 am
Call DHL and point out that the contents of the package is prescription glasses which isn't subject to duties or HST. There should be a customs sticker on the package that states the contents. (Otherwise how would they have come up with the value?)

See What's Taxable Under the HST and What's Not? page 6.
veni, vidi, Visa
Jul 16, 2017
4 posts
I ordered one designer glasses with premium photochromic coatings, spent about 50$. I should've use this coupon!