Hot Deals

[Goggles4u] Prescription Glasses 50% Off Total Order, $20 Single Prescription, $60 Progressives, Shipped To Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2017 11:54 am
Aug 12, 2016
153 posts
98 upvotes
vanquisher wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 7:29 pm
I hate to break to this ya... but i don't think photochromic lenses will help much with your astigmatism.
LMAO ya I suppose they won't specifically help but the lenses which happen to be photochromic will. I edited to make my post read better now.
Apr 5, 2006
382 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
jaswest2754 wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 7:33 pm
LMAO ya I suppose they won't specifically help but the lenses which happen to be photochromic will. I edited to make my post read better now.
I wonder how long their photochromic will take effect after sitting under the sun?
Aug 12, 2016
153 posts
98 upvotes
vanquisher wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 7:44 pm
I wonder how long their photochromic will take effect after sitting under the sun?
I'll let ya know when I get them. Worst case I still have my prescription sunglasses if they really suck.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8361 posts
1902 upvotes
Toronto
Just a delivery update, my order is being delivered by DHL today in the GTA. A full two days ahead of schedule. So ordered last Friday night and delivered today, so less than 5 days total time for production and shipping. Very impressed, especially considering that I paid for standard shipping.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8361 posts
1902 upvotes
Toronto

So here is my mini review of this purchase of two pair of half rim distance glasses for $38.38 CDN total from G4U:

Delivered at 12:30 today, so as above, high marks for production/delivery time of 4.5 days.
Fit and finish are good.
Both fit snugly and comfortably, and seem to stay in place with a headbanging test.
No visible imperfections or variations on the outer edges or the contours of the fit to the frames.
No visible imperfections on the lens surfaces.
Prescription seems dead on, given that I can see well with them and that both pair show the same result.
Overall I am quite happy so far.
The only less than perfect aspects are that the frames do not exactly exude quality. They are both perfectly sturdy, and look decent esthetically, but they don't have spring hinges, and are fairly light weight, and also there is a slight, but perceptible difference in lens thickness when looked at from above, imperceptible from the front, but I guess understandable with mid index lenses and a different magnification for each eye.
Both acceptable tradeoffs, given the price IMO.
Last edited by idiotcanuck on Aug 30th, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2313 posts
1487 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Their frames seem to max out at 55mm lens width. Did anyone find any larger ones? Their titanium ones might be more durable?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8361 posts
1902 upvotes
Toronto
Nikhilvoid wrote:
Aug 30th, 2017 4:41 pm
Their frames seem to max out at 55mm lens width. Did anyone find any larger ones? Their titanium ones might be more durable?
I think that some of the extra large aviators had larger lens widths, like 58mm, I think.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8361 posts
1902 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone used the WELCOME990 promo code, curious if it provides a better discount on basic, single pair purchases? Doesn't seem to do much on this end.

So far it seems that DN50 works best for basic, single pair purchases too after comparing the other codes.
Dec 11, 2005
548 posts
7 upvotes
Anyone submit their receipt to blue cross for reimbursement? :)
Oct 5, 2006
802 posts
411 upvotes
Calgary
I have used G4U before, their styles are not the most stylish, but the quality is ok. For the price it makes good backup pairs. I find that buying a single vision for distance and 1 for computer work is the best way to go instead of getting a progressive
Apr 19, 2016
14 posts
3 upvotes
I'm not too sure with G4U but with Clearly contacts , my work benefits cover it and have never had any issues with Clearly's order.
Aug 25, 2017
14 posts
1 upvote
Just got mine. Thy hurt my eyes, took them to my eye guy and they are made incorrectly. He suggests I don't wear them or else my symptoms will continue :(
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1194 posts
701 upvotes
Laval, QC
I saw a pop up window said first pair $9.99 include shipping, probably will give this a shot
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2011
2418 posts
306 upvotes
Scarborough
I need new glasses but I don't know what my prescription is. Is there any way I can get a test in a store without having to spend hundreds of $$ on new glasses??
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
7937 posts
1217 upvotes
Just an FYI to everyone - I ordered glasses from these guys 6 months ago. Generally very happy.

Frames look good though they are a little on the cheap side.
Lenses are awesome - I only wear these at night/weekends when I take my contacts out but they are as clear as my broken $300 glasses.

Highly recommend these though I have no idea how they would hold up if I wore them all day every day.