Hot Deals

[Goggles4u] Prescription Glasses 50% Off Total Order, $20 Single Prescription, $60 Progressives, Shipped To Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2017 2:56 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2004
9607 posts
772 upvotes
Brampton
blaznazn22 wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 8:06 am
I need new glasses but I don't know what my prescription is. Is there any way I can get a test in a store without having to spend hundreds of $$ on new glasses??
You should see an eye doc and get a proper prescription. After that you can use the OP website and get a pair of really affordable glasses.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 199 and counting. RFD Feedback 50-0-0 and counting.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
2321 posts
781 upvotes
blaznazn22 wrote:
I need new glasses but I don't know what my prescription is. Is there any way I can get a test in a store without having to spend hundreds of $$ on new glasses??
You can get a prescription check done at any optometrist office. There is a fee for the test (it is no longer covered by OHIP in Ontario - no idea about other provinces). They are required to give you the sheet with your prescription on it. They may try to push you to purchase glasses through them (that is where they make ll their profit) but it is not required.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8494 posts
2022 upvotes
Toronto
blaznazn22 wrote:
You can go to any optometrist you like for an eye exam and prescription. In Ontario it is not covered by OHIP unless you are a kid or senior, so you will likely be in for $60-$110 either way. Covered by most health insurers though. I recently used the independent Optometrist in Costco (MD, not optician) and they were good, $80 exam, $25 imaging (optional). Separate office, you don't even need to talk to the optical Dept.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8494 posts
2022 upvotes
Toronto
bobmtb wrote:
Aug 26th, 2017 9:28 pm
Been looking for cheap prescription sunglasses. Anybody have experience with them? I just want a pair to leave in the car for driving.
I have added a cheap distance prescription sunglass pair to an order a few times for driving. I would add a cheap frame , with free 1.57 index lenses, pass on the $5 anti-reflective coating and take a $5 medium or heavy tint instead. You still get UV/Anti-Scratch anyway and a little reflection on sunglasses is probably actually beneficial. Not as good as polarized, but fine for most uses.
That brings the price way down and you can combine it with another pair with 50% off and split the $10 shipping to drop unit cost.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2356 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
For some reason, when I use the welcome coupon, they still charge me for the shipping fee.
Isnt it supposed to be included?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
2470 posts
312 upvotes
Scarborough
idiotcanuck wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 9:23 am
You can go to any optometrist you like for an eye exam and prescription. In Ontario it is not covered by OHIP unless you are a kid or senior, so you will likely be in for $60-$110 either way. Covered by most health insurers though. I recently used the independent Optometrist in Costco (MD, not optician) and they were good, $80 exam, $25 imaging (optional). Separate office, you don't even need to talk to the optical Dept.
Thanks for the tip! Costco sounds like a great idea. One thing I hate are pushy sales people.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8494 posts
2022 upvotes
Toronto
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 1:38 pm
For some reason, when I use the welcome coupon, they still charge me for the shipping fee.
Isnt it supposed to be included?
Not to Canada, I think. Unless there is a time limit to use it, or the newsletter email has to match the account email? You could call their CS. I only got about $3 off when I tested it.If not try DN50, instead, it might make it a few $$ cheaper. You can also add another pair -50% to split the shipping cost in half.
Dec 17, 2012
639 posts
118 upvotes
Winnipeg
Finally have ordered perscription glasses for Parents using DN50 code..Thanks..
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2662 posts
1389 upvotes
Richmond
Mine arrived already, in 5 days. No shipping notice at all, just a delivery notice. The DHL delivery guy shoved it in the mailbox, knocked once on the door (ignoring the doorbell), and ran off.

Not very happy with this pair. I was afraid the frame would be too small, and it is. The lens edges are weirdly beveled so that there appears to be a white ring around my eyes, unlike any lens edge I've ever had before. And although I paid a lot extra for 1.67 index lenses, they don't appear to be visibly any thinner than the 1.57 standard lenses.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2662 posts
1389 upvotes
Richmond
RFD did a triple post.
Last edited by Faith24 on Sep 1st, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 17, 2012
639 posts
118 upvotes
Winnipeg
Faith24 wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 4:30 pm
Mine arrived already, in 5 days. No shipping notice at all, just a delivery notice. The DHL delivery guy shoved it in the mailbox, knocked once on the door (ignoring the doorbell), and ran off.

Not very happy with this pair. I was afraid the frame would be too small, and it is. The lens edges are weirdly beveled so that there appears to be a white ring around my eyes, unlike any lens edge I've ever had before. And although I paid a lot extra for 1.67 index lenses, they don't appear to be visibly any thinner than the 1.57 standard lenses.
Well, I am not quite sure if they can exchange it, if you don't like them...that's why I prefer Clearly.ca(they are bit more expensive, however have 1 year warranty), last time i have ordered a pair for my wife and was around 250$, upon arrival she didn't expect to be that bulky, so I called Customer service and they gave me the shipping label to send it back to there warehouse, and the money was credit back to my credit card..
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8494 posts
2022 upvotes
Toronto
Faith24 wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 4:30 pm

Disquscommenting wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2017 12:21 am
Yes, Faith24. I am very unhappy with my pair. I wish I stayed away.
Sorry to hear that yours didn't work out.
Here is a link to the G4U Satisfaction Guarantee page, hopefully they can replace or refund you. It seems to be fairly likely they will do something for you, judging by those policies.
https://www.goggles4u.com/return-policy
Aug 25, 2017
17 posts
1 upvote
Same issues. Why do I keep betting glasses online. It's always a headache, literally.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)