Hot Deals

[Goggles4u] Prescription Glasses 50% Off Total Order, $20 Single Prescription, $60 Progressives, Shipped To Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2017 2:56 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8494 posts
2022 upvotes
Toronto
Disquscommenting wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 3:01 pm
Same issues. Why do I keep betting glasses online. It's always a headache, literally.
What issue/ issues did you have?
Aug 12, 2016
175 posts
124 upvotes
As a review to my order and the quality of their photochromic lenses. So I ordered them on August 28th and they were delivered on September 4th (Yes on labour day, I was surprised as well). The frames are about the same as any cheap pair of frames you'll find at any other shop. When it comes to the lenses they got my prescription right or atleast close enough I don't notice the difference. The photochromic part takes about 45 seconds to start changing and has reached their darkest at about 5 minutes, now going back to clear can easily take 20 minutes so defiantly slow. They get pretty dark, defiantly good but on the slow side.
Last edited by jaswest2754 on Sep 5th, 2017 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 21, 2013
139 posts
15 upvotes
Can someone read these numbers?...it look s like jibberish to me.....
Images
  • eyes.jpg
Jun 1, 2008
165 posts
92 upvotes
London
Ammaretto, I would call your optometrist to confirm the prescription.
Jan 21, 2013
139 posts
15 upvotes
thanks...i just called & they will email me the script...hopefully its NOT in his handwriting...lol

can someone tell me..on the website the drop down menu axis is from #1-#180, my script says 030...does that mean is really 30?

& the straight line?....what value do i make those?
Images
  • Capture2.PNG
Last edited by ammaretto on Sep 5th, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8494 posts
2022 upvotes
Toronto
jaswest2754 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 1:26 pm
As a review to my order and the quality of their photochromic lenses. So I ordered them on August 28th and they were delivered on September 4th (Yes on labour day, I was surprised as well). The frames are about the same as any cheap pair of frames you'll find at any other shop. When it comes to the lenses they got my prescription right or atleast close enough I don't notice the difference. The photochromic part takes about 45 seconds to start changing and has reached their darkest at about 5 minutes, now going back to clear can easily take 20 minutes so defiantly slow. They get pretty dark, defiantly good but on the slow side.
Thanks for the review.
Just curious how long it takes for the lenses to start to lighten once out of the light?
I am thinking of trying a pair of progressive, photochromics since I have some insurance $$ left, and they are only $60. (If you can use a 1.56 index lens). Just figure I will roll the dice and get a replacement if I don't like them.
Aug 12, 2016
175 posts
124 upvotes
idiotcanuck wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 10:36 am
Thanks for the review.
Just curious how long it takes for the lenses to start to lighten once out of the light?
I am thinking of trying a pair of progressive, photochromics since I have some insurance $$ left, and they are only $60. (If you can use a 1.56 index lens). Just figure I will roll the dice and get a replacement if I don't like them.
Lens takes about 5 min to start changing back. My prescription is -3.5 on axis 175 for my astigmatism in the worst eye and they let me get 1.56 index. Don't know what yours is but gives you perspective. I like mine so far.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8494 posts
2022 upvotes
Toronto
jaswest2754 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 11:49 am
Lens takes about 5 min to start changing back. My prescription is -3.5 on axis 175 for my astigmatism in the worst eye and they let me get 1.56 index. Don't know what yours is but gives you perspective. I like mine so far.
Thanks for the details.
I am only +2.50 & +1.50, and 1.57 index was fine for my single vision glasses so I should be fine.
May 3, 2017
11 posts
when i look at my prescription for the progressive lenses, it says add +0.75 at the bottom, I've yet to find any low cost online retailer that does anything lower than 'add +1.00', what is up with that?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8494 posts
2022 upvotes
Toronto
Yometi wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 1:04 pm
when i look at my prescription for the progressive lenses, it says add +0.75 at the bottom, I've yet to find any low cost online retailer that does anything lower than 'add +1.00', what is up with that?
That does seem very strange. I would call and Re-confirm the prescription with your doctors office.
My money is on a typo and that it should be +1.75
Aug 12, 2016
175 posts
124 upvotes
codex119 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 2:56 pm
How's their quality if anyone received theirs?
Quality is fine for cheap frames. There about the same as any cheap frame from Hakim optical or similar store. They got my prescription right and cost me quarter of what Costco wanted for my glasses.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1187 posts
267 upvotes
Markham
ammaretto wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 3:18 pm
thanks...i just called & they will email me the script...hopefully its NOT in his handwriting...lol

can someone tell me..on the website the drop down menu axis is from #1-#180, my script says 030...does that mean is really 30?

I'm no optometrist so please don't take my word as the gospel, but here is what your prescription means based on my own experiences:

OD is your right eye, OS is your left. Sphere is your degree of nearsightedness so your right eye is very mild at -0.5 and your left appears perfect.

CYL is your astigmatism severity. You only seem to have this on your left eye (-0.50).

Axis is how your astigmatism is angled, so I am reading 30 degrees on your left.

ADD is your amount of farsightedness (meaning your ability to see things up close). I am assuming you have problems reading papers, books, etc? In this case, it is +2.25 for both eyes.

As for that straight line going across CYL, AXIS and PRISM, I would assume that just means no reading.
Jan 21, 2013
139 posts
15 upvotes
idiotcanuck wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 10:18 am
Anyone used the WELCOME990 promo code, curious if it provides a better discount on basic, single pair purchases? Doesn't seem to do much on this end.

So far it seems that DN50 works best for basic, single pair purchases too after comparing the other codes.
i just used that code (welcome990) i got the frames for $6.99 (no add ons) plus S&H total after code was $13.90
Sep 6, 2017
1 posts
11 upvotes
ammaretto wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 3:18 pm

Hey, I'm a optician so I'd thought I will explain it to everyone,

OD: right eye

If you are looking to get distance glasses, ignore the ADD power and input the prescription as is.

If you want reading glasses, add the ADD power to the spherical prescription which in this case will become:
OD: +1.75

If you want progressive or bifocal glasses, type in the complete prescription, don't add anything.
-for progressives, you need to measure the seg height, usually I would suggest using a precise optical measurment tool but for most people, you can do it roughly by using a marker and dotting where the pupil on a set of glasses and measure from the bottom of the frame to the pupil (I usually suggest at least 17mm for maximum comfort)
-for bifocal, you also need the seg height but for measurement, you need to measure from the bottom of the frame to the lower eye lid (NOT the pupil)

For all glasses, you probably need to pupil distance (PD), you can roughly measure it by measuring the distance between your two eyes with a ruler or somehow obtain a pupillometer.

Btw, I have not ordered from this company before so I am not sure about the quality so buy at your own risk. Every lens company produce lenses with a slightly different index of refraction so clarity may vary. I usually deal with big brands like Essilor, Zeiss, Nikon etc.