Hot Deals

[Goggles4u] Prescription Glasses 50% Off Total Order, $20 Single Prescription, $60 Progressives, Shipped To Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2017 11:54 am
Apr 19, 2016
14 posts
3 upvotes
Bit the bullet and bought 2 pairs...lol THANKS OP! :facepalm:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8361 posts
1902 upvotes
Toronto
PenguinNinja007 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 2:44 am
Hey, I'm a optician so I'd thought I will explain it to everyone,

OD: right eye

If you are looking to get distance glasses, ignore the ADD power and input the prescription as is.

If you want reading glasses, add the ADD power to the spherical prescription which in this case will become:
OD: +1.75

If you want progressive or bifocal glasses, type in the complete prescription, don't add anything.
-for progressives, you need to measure the seg height, usually I would suggest using a precise optical measurment tool but for most people, you can do it roughly by using a marker and dotting where the pupil on a set of glasses and measure from the bottom of the frame to the pupil (I usually suggest at least 17mm for maximum comfort)
-for bifocal, you also need the seg height but for measurement, you need to measure from the bottom of the frame to the lower eye lid (NOT the pupil)

For all glasses, you probably need to pupil distance (PD), you can roughly measure it by measuring the distance between your two eyes with a ruler or somehow obtain a pupillometer.

Btw, I have not ordered from this company before so I am not sure about the quality so buy at your own risk. Every lens company produce lenses with a slightly different index of refraction so clarity may vary. I usually deal with big brands like Essilor, Zeiss, Nikon etc.

Thanks alot for the information.
Oct 5, 2008
144 posts
30 upvotes
North York
Thanks!! Got two pairs, one sunglasses and one normal. The 50% off really works great if you have a high prescription like me.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8361 posts
1902 upvotes
Toronto
One helpful hint that I discovered.
If you put a discounted frame with lenses into your cart, it maintains the discounted price, even if the frame price increases. I assume you need an account to save this long term.
For example a frame you like is in the $6.95 category, if you add lenses and coatings and put it into the cart, if the frame price goes back up to $19.95, which happens frequently, you can still complete the order at $6.95, when you choose. You can always delete it later.
Good if you are undecided about a discounted frame.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1169 posts
231 upvotes
Markham
PenguinNinja007 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 2:44 am
Hey, I'm a optician so I'd thought I will explain it to everyone,

<snipped>
If you want progressive or bifocal glasses, type in the complete prescription, don't add anything.
-for progressives, you need to measure the seg height, usually I would suggest using a precise optical measurment tool but for most people, you can do it roughly by using a marker and dotting where the pupil on a set of glasses and measure from the bottom of the frame to the pupil (I usually suggest at least 17mm for maximum comfort)
<snipped>
Thanks for the info. This part I've heard as well but for online orders, I don't know if you can input this anywhere.
Aug 16, 2010
431 posts
111 upvotes
Got my glasses a week ago. Very happy given the price I paid. I've cleaned them a bunch and no permanent scratches yet on lens. Overall frame while lightweight and cheap feeling has been sturdy. I had to adjust the nose pieces a bunch to get a manageable resting position on my nose for the glasses. Not perfect but it works. That would be my only concern.

I bought the 47mm club master frame.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8361 posts
1902 upvotes
Toronto
MAR-TYR-DOM wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 9:09 am
Got my glasses a week ago. Very happy given the price I paid. I've cleaned them a bunch and no permanent scratches yet on lens. Overall frame while lightweight and cheap feeling has been sturdy. I had to adjust the nose pieces a bunch to get a manageable resting position on my nose for the glasses. Not perfect but it works. That would be my only concern.

I bought the 47mm club master frame.
Yep overall I am still satisfied with mine too. Not perfect, but certainly both look decent, and are usable and comfortable.
So much so that I ordered 3 more pair.
I got a pair of Progressive Photocromics, a dark tinted distance pair, and a spare distance pair for $88 CDN all in.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
39582 posts
8964 upvotes
If I bought a rayban frame, can I only order a lens?

I don't wear one but my daughter just did. Also, my friend who is an optometrist took a few more measurements besides those three sets of numbers.
Jan 16, 2007
579 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
What's the usual production and shipping time. I purchased 2 glasses on Aug30 and status still says In "Production". Is this normal?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8361 posts
1902 upvotes
Toronto
NubNub wrote:
Sep 9th, 2017 12:02 am
What's the usual production and shipping time. I purchased 2 glasses on Aug30 and status still says In "Production". Is this normal?
Seems long to me, unless your order is somehow unusual or complicated? Mine were complete in two days, delivered in 4.5 days.
Which was a bit quicker than usual, I think. 6-10 days delivery seems typical.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8361 posts
1902 upvotes
Toronto
There are a bunch of new frames added in the lower price range $6.95-$12.95, some with spring hinges. If you can find something in a size, style and color that works for you. Personally I usually start from the lowest and search up until I find something I like. Sometimes a $6.95 just happens to be just what I wanted, anyway.
Here is a general search from lowest to highest:
https://www.goggles4u.com/prescription- ... =price&p=1
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8361 posts
1902 upvotes
Toronto
Forgot to mention this earlier, but for those that already collect US cash back, G4U has 7.5 % at Ebates.com and supposedly up to 15% at some of the others. Probably not worth registering, if you don't already buy alot of US stuff, but not bad if you are already set up to collect.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8361 posts
1902 upvotes
Toronto
NubNub wrote:
Sep 9th, 2017 12:02 am
Not sure if yours have shipped yet, but my second order is taking alot longer than the first. 5 days and still in production, as opposed to two days previously. I am thinking that it is because one pair is progressive and photo chronic or because one frame that I ordered went OOS the next day and they might have inventory issues and not have that frame left at the production location?
Last edited by idiotcanuck on Sep 12th, 2017 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8361 posts
1902 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 11:19 pm
If I bought a rayban frame, can I only order a lens?

I don't wear one but my daughter just did. Also, my friend who is an optometrist took a few more measurements besides those three sets of numbers.
I couldn't see any lens only option at G4U, but I have a feeling Zenni does. I seem to remember them doing lens replacements too.

I think Pupilary distance and near pupilary distance are very important if progressives.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2082 posts
1052 upvotes
Richmond
Since I was not happy with my glasses, I contacted their customer support via chat, and they told me to send a report with photos to "steve@goggles4u.com". A couple of days later they responded that I can choose replacement glasses and just keep or discard the ones I have. But they did put some restrictions on the replacement: plastic frames only (the originals are metal frame), less than $25. It's not clear how some of the details like the high-index lenses I ordered on the originals will be handled on the replacement. I'll update when I find out.