Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

On-Going Western Digital Red HDD Deals (added larger drives)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2019 12:38 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 23, 2009
721 posts
491 upvotes
bowmah wrote: Sorry, typo and just fixed it. Amazon.com had alighting deal today for the 3TB Red that was $119.99. Hope someone got it.
I ordered one from B&H same price. amazon didn't ship to canada.
in the end 151 was charged to my CC after tax and shipping. used B&H brokerage.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
$151 is pretty good for the 3TB red shipped to your door. If you buy from the US often and are close to a border, look for a reputable receiving depot in the US. $2-$3 / shipment and some do not even have yearly membership fees. The ones that do are like $10 / month. Well worth it if you use it. In fact, if you buy lots from Amazon, $75 / year gets your Prime membership = free shipping on many participating products.

As a comparison, the $119 3TB should come to about $137 CAD shipped to the depot.

Now load that 3TB up and get'er going!
Jul 23, 2009
721 posts
491 upvotes
bowmah wrote: $151 is pretty good for the 3TB red shipped to your door. If you buy from the US often and are close to a border, look for a reputable receiving depot in the US. $2-$3 / shipment and some do not even have yearly membership fees. The ones that do are like $10 / month. Well worth it if you use it. In fact, if you buy lots from Amazon, $75 / year gets your Prime membership = free shipping on many participating products.

As a comparison, the $119 3TB should come to $137 CAD shipped to the depot.

Now load that 3TB up and get'er going!
yes, its cheaper to ship in states and bring it. however 2 hours to border is not very convenient. i do use kinek when i plan a trip to states stuff and order up
before hand.
Sep 6, 2005
308 posts
114 upvotes
Dell wasn't able to fulfill my order from a prior transaction and provided me with a 15% off coupon With the coupon applied, I was able to get the 4tb red drives for $161.5 + tax.

I had to go through online chat help for them to apply the coupon.
bowmah wrote: That is pretty good for this HDD. Nice. Seems that retailers know the reds are a hot item and have not done a massive discount on these drives to date.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
Bought 3TB red for 107$ w/ shipping from ebay to the border. The seller was very reputable and the state is brand new, so I will see how well it works once I pick it up. Since I live in BC I'm actually saving money going to the border since I'm filling up on cheap gas which saves me like 25$ compared to buying in Canada.
So roughly 115$ CAD. Pretty good deal
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote: Bought 3TB red for 107$ w/ shipping from ebay to the border. The seller was very reputable and the state is brand new, so I will see how well it works once I pick it up. Since I live in BC I'm actually saving money going to the border since I'm filling up on cheap gas which saves me like 25$ compared to buying in Canada.
So roughly 115$ CAD. Pretty good deal
$115 CAD is pretty good for this drive. I guess you did not pay tax for it then?

Amazon.com had it for $109 but there was also tax on top. Either way, these RED drives are popular. So much that there has not been a good sale on these, just the regular sale prices listed in the first post of this thread.

By the way, these are meant for NAS and servers. You really should not use these in a desktop. When there is bad data, these drives will not keep trying to access that part of the harddrive and you may not recover the data. These drives are set up this way so RAID controllers don't time out and break. For desktop use, a consumer drive will keep trying to access the bad portion and there is a better chance to recover the bad data. I think that's how it goes.
Aug 4, 2008
16 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
TD has the 3 TB red for $149.99 less $30 MIR till 12/15. They are also offering an additional $20 MIR for all online orders over $100.00 until 12/16 for which this apparently also qualifiies as per the website.

Of course you'll have to pay shipping which came to $9.07 for me, but this means that it net out to $129.72 including taxes and shipping after you get your rebates.

That means you'd have to get it for $115 pre-tax and no shipping to match this price for a 3 TB so it looks like I'll be getting one for my NAS.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
In fact, TD lists the 3TB for $139.97 right now and has a $30 rebate so that brings final to $109.97 if you are into waiting and hoping for the rebate to come through. And if @fongw2 is correct about the additional $20 MIR for +$100 orders, that will bring pre-tax and shipping total to $89.97. Umm, sounds too good to be true for the 3TB but it looks like it should work.

$139.97 right now - http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/ ... &CatId=139
Mar 20, 2006
503 posts
106 upvotes
They finally lowered it to where the U.S. site has had it. In the U.S., there's also a $30 credit offer at TD for AMEX users (many of them anyway), making it a $60 drive, and free 2-day shipping via Shoprunner. The downside: TD ships the drive in a clamshell tossed into a box filled with air pillows. It's the only way to fly.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
rseiler wrote: They finally lowered it to where the U.S. site has had it. In the U.S., there's also a $30 credit offer at TD for AMEX users (many of them anyway), making it a $60 drive, and free 2-day shipping via Shoprunner. The downside: TD ships the drive in a clamshell tossed into a box filled with air pillows. It's the only way to fly.
That is a ridiculous way to ship hard drives and is the reason why many hard drives have such porr ratings... many are due to dead on arrival drives. Amazon.com on the other hand, has the drive housed in a bottom and top plastic holder and these fit perfectly into a sturdy box. This box is then enclosed in another box with air pockets.

Anyone pick up any good Red drives lately?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3733 posts
2064 upvotes
Any prediction$ on pricing for possible 2, 3 and 4TB WD Red deals somewhere within usual suspect Boxing Day/New Year sales? I am guessing we might see $80-90 for 3TB Red and $150 for 4TB (if we are lucky)
Jan 17, 2010
425 posts
170 upvotes
txenglan wrote: Any prediction$ on pricing for possible 2, 3 and 4TB WD Red deals somewhere within usual suspect Boxing Day/New Year sales? I am guessing we might see $80-90 for 3TB Red and $150 for 4TB (if we are lucky)
hopefully
Deal Guru
Apr 6, 2005
11685 posts
2909 upvotes
Toronto
Should I upgrade the firmware if I'm getting a 3TB Red?
Heat 43-0-0
Mar 20, 2006
503 posts
106 upvotes
It doesn't look like there is one, but even if there was, usually only if there's a very good reason.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3733 posts
2064 upvotes
I don't see any decent discounts right now and I've been hovering for weeks now. I need to fill out my NAS with 3 more 3TB WD Red drives so I guess I might as well go to Canada Computers and get:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_ ... _id=050755

$139-150 seems like the usual range for these and I don't expect to see any Boxing Day pricing on these so might as well avoid the mad rush and get some today (unless someone here can talk me out of it and help me regain my sense LOL)

EDIT - Senses regained: wd-3tb-red-b-com-99-95-a-1412156/ - Seeing that is enough for me to hold off. No way I am going to buy 3 x Red drives when I know they have sold for $30-40 less than what I was about to fork out.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)