Careers

Going back to High school after completing University?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2006 2:24 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2005
4158 posts
2892 upvotes
Toronto

Going back to High school after completing University?

I've completed HS and Univerisity and is thinking of applying for several professional programs which require OAC or a current grade 12 physics credit which I do not have(They would also accept a University credit but I would rather take a HS course for less $$, if any, and the scheudule should be more appropriate for me if it's a night course).

Does anyone know if TDSB(Toronto District School Board) admits students for a certain course?

I'm read some of the stuff on TDSB, and they mostly say that they would admit students if they are completing their HS diplomas.

Thanks!
12 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
7527 posts
53 upvotes
Pickering
Spiderpal93 wrote:I've completed HS and Univerisity and is thinking of applying for several professional programs which require OAC or a current grade 12 physics credit which I do not have(They would also accept a University credit but I would rather take a HS course for less $$, if any, and the scheudule should be more appropriate for me if it's a night course).

Does anyone know if TDSB(Toronto District School Board) admits students for a certain course?

I'm read some of the stuff on TDSB, and they mostly say that they would admit students if they are completing their HS diplomas.

Thanks!
Just try to find it through adult school.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 24, 2005
5763 posts
353 upvotes
How did you get into University without completing highschool?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
7000 posts
1122 upvotes
Toronto
xwar wrote:How did you get into University without completing highschool?

Spiderpal93 wrote:I've completed HS and Univerisity and is thinking of applying for several professional programs which require OAC or a current grade 12 physics credit which I do not have......
Hmmm. How are you not able to read the first 3 words....?

OP, you could also try highschool correspondence, but it requires you to be pretty dedicated. :)
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16872 posts
2557 upvotes
Since you completed university... you might want to check with the program to see if you can be exempted from the highschool credits.

It's a bit silly to make a university graduate go back to highschool ;)

Community college could be another choice.

Otherwise like other's have said, do a search for Adult Education on TDSB's website.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2001
3416 posts
1251 upvotes
Toronto
I was actually thinking about something similar. I'm completing University this year and want to take another major, but don't have the pre-requisite from Highschool to do so.
Jul 1, 2005
561 posts
190 upvotes
I think you should go the college route....come'on!? going back to high school?! Makes no sense at all.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2539 posts
102 upvotes
at least you could pimp out the highschool girls... right?
Jan 6, 2006
46 posts
Its not that you will have to go back to high school , you would take a day course or a night course at an adult education school or you can take a self study. I am as well needing a calculus course and is going to take a self study calculus course so that what you can do. There are Many univeresity student who find this easier to do then pay alot of money for a test to get into the program without the prerequisite.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2004
4456 posts
53 upvotes
Yea, look for an adult learning centre or something.. Fast-track through the courses you need in a few mos.

Or.. I think Durham College does correspondance courses for senior level highschool stuff..
Wanna get a REAL Canadian Job?
Thanks for being a great community, RFD!
[/COLOR]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
3630 posts
4 upvotes
xwar wrote:How did you get into University without completing highschool?
you can go to University if you don't have all your high school.
I had 1/2 my OAC's when I went :)

it depends how you apply

I'd say take correspondece courses, much less disruptive on your time.

Good luck maybe the Univeisity of Nigeria can help :lol:
This user has no signature! :| :| :|