Fashion & Beauty

Going to buy Maui Jim sunglasses, Choose from 2 styles on me.

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2018 6:35 pm
[OP]
Sep 5, 2005
624 posts
157 upvotes

Going to buy Maui Jim sunglasses, Choose from 2 styles on me.

*** SEE PAGE 2 for my final decision, between Castles and OLA with pictures ***

Hi, I goes looking for buying Maui Jim sunglasses, between those 2 styles, which one is the best and why?
I would like to have honest opinions before spending over 400$ for a pair of sunglasses! Thanks

Last edited by Maculosa on Jul 30th, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
15 replies
Jun 25, 2010
488 posts
88 upvotes
2nd one. The first picture your face looks big.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4427 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto
both look good. Sorta leaning on the first one
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5391 posts
1134 upvotes
Markham
SallyPil wrote:
Jul 25th, 2018 4:09 am
Definitely the second one. The straight line in the dobule bridge squares off your face more. They suit you.

Also, not being funny, but why would you spend $400 if you can get them here for like $250!? https://www.smartbuyglasses.com/designe ... ----------
That's USD and you have to pay taxes and duties.

International Express ShippingWe gladly ship to international and APO/FPO addresses on all brands and models purchased through www.smartbuyglasses.com. International deliveries usually require the same amount of time as deliveries within United States.All International Shipments will be sent with duties and taxes to be paid by the recipient. Duties will be assessed by the importing country based on current laws governing imports.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
7554 posts
976 upvotes
Toronto
They both look good but I like the second ones for you.
I have ones like the first one but they are brown like the second ones.
Mine always seem a bit too wide for my face but in your first pic they look a bit too small on you.
The second ones look fab including the color and more modern though a classic design.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5213 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto
I like #1 style, but you might need to go up one notch on the temple length.

Regardless, congrats on your MJ purchase!
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Nov 29, 2017
899 posts
659 upvotes
1st. And if you have a Costco membership some locations sell certain styles
Feb 12, 2005
392 posts
73 upvotes
I like the style of the first ones better but I think they're too small for your face. The second pair is more proportional to your face and suits you better.

Yes, I would check out Costco. I bought a pair last year for $100+tax. I also got a pair of Mauis for $99+tax last year at Sunglass Hut. I've got way too many sunglasses. Lol. Just bought a pair of Ray Ban polarized chromatic for $100+tax at Nordstrom Rack.
[OP]
Sep 5, 2005
624 posts
157 upvotes
Thanks for opinions! some partaged opinions but the majority are going for the Aviator style, i must admit they were my first choice.

For the canadian version of Smartbuyglasses, the review are mixed, i read lot of talk about "High quality counterfeit" yes they are about 150$ less expensive but i will not risk getting counterfeit.
I need a good quality sunglasses for many years and i will not risk that for 150$, i will buy from an authorized Maui Jim dealer or directly from their website. (Same price anyway and i will have the good Maui Jim warranty)

i live near my local Costco so i goes there often and i always check their sunglasses when i goes and they almost never get Maui Jim, i have seen 1 or 2 models only that don't fit me at all... we have the smallest costco in Quebec.

The first glasses are the Maui Jim Glass Beach (Black) and the second one are the Maui Jim Castles. (Brown)

Do you think this particular model (Castles in brown) fit me good? Shape, Colors and size? or i should check for others aviator models?
I tried some others MJ aviator models but i think those one were the best on me, others that was not bad was the Guardrails but they are smaller so the fit was not a good as Castles.

Thanks
Jun 25, 2010
488 posts
88 upvotes
I have a Maui Jim OLA . Try those too. They will also look better on your face.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7269 posts
1228 upvotes
The first is a bit short for your face, you should at least try a more rectangular one that is as tall as the second frame, otherwise voting for second as well.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
[OP]
Sep 5, 2005
624 posts
157 upvotes
nousername wrote:
Jul 25th, 2018 11:50 pm
I have a Maui Jim OLA . Try those too. They will also look better on your face.
The OLA look good but haven't seen this model in any store in my area so can't try it. Looked at the specs the OLA are 3 mm wider total than castles but 3 mm less higher. I would love being able to try them.
Jun 25, 2010
488 posts
88 upvotes
i bought them from maui's website without trying. you can check out similar styles at any sunglass store to get an idea.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)