• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2005 7:44 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2003
1507 posts
33 upvotes
NDman wrote:Ditto. Did I say I believe him? I merely give him the benefit of the doubt. Your choice, too. It's moot
Its hard to beleave anyone would give him the benifit of the doubt based on his comments. I simply asked for some details. He obviously refused.. The last comment of "Wow, you caught me Detective Holmes!" to me says he made it all up..

Id like to add: goto: http://debsdrtravels.proboards35.com/index.cgi? for reliable DR info.
Jun 19, 2004
417 posts
Toronto
Dominican was beautiful.
Konowl wrote:Much like the Cuba thread, I'd like to start one for the Dominican. Stuff to do etc etc. I'm staying just outside of Peurto Plata.
Banned
Dec 26, 2004
2987 posts
6 upvotes
Mississauga!
get twinrix shots
I have Vitiligo, it is there, but it is white (it = my eyebrow)

Shadow Dweller
My B/S/T:
Antenna 4 Sale: [URL]http://redfla
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2003
2526 posts
21 upvotes
Ottawa
To lower the chances of having stomach issues, eat 2 yogurts a day for 2 weeks before you leave. This will boost up the amount of good bacteria in your gastro section. Since there has been lots of bad press about gastroenteritis in the dominican lately and there is no known method to prevent catching it, eating yogurt will help to keep you healthy.
Aug 11, 2001
82 posts
My girlfriend and I went to Punta Cana, DR last February (2004). Had a blast of a time, because we didn't stay in the "compound" pretty much at all. For whatever it's worth, the food in the resort was excellent so were the beaches, activities and so on. We just had more fun doing our own thing. Like going on country tours, exploring Santo Domingo, and so on. People are friendly and we felt as safe as anywhere else.

As for the guards at the resort - well, there are reasons why they want to scare you into staying inside - they don't get anything from your purchases outside. And things out there are cheaper, especially if you are into the bargaining game :)

So, go, have a blast and don't be deterred by the others' comments. Yeah, bad things can happen, but they can happen anywhere. DR is a safe place and it's not just my "lucky" exprience - check out debbies page and you'll see hundreds of happy reviews.

Cheers,
-Nick