• Dec 13th, 2004 5:21 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Dec 13, 2003
951 posts
2 upvotes

Going Green!!!! case painting

Well I have gone to the point of no return, I have done the first coat of green paint on my full tower case frame, will do the second tomorrow and sand then start the clearcoat, then the case panels are going to be a metalic blue with clear coat, and installing a full size case window.......I know it looks really greeeeeeeen right now, but I am sure when the blue paint get in there it should offset it. So is this sick or do you guys thing it might look ok with some detailing? Will keep the pictures comming as I progress through this.

[IMG]http://images.ofoto.com/photos983/1/94/ ... _0_ALB.jpg[/IMG]
19 replies
Oct 27, 2002
176 posts
Toronto
It'll look good by the christmas tree, or whenever st. patrick day comes along.
Banned
Dec 13, 2003
951 posts
2 upvotes
mabey I can get a lepracon etched on the window....... :razz:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6288 posts
10 upvotes
Waterloo
I've got a green can of UV reactive spray paint.

I was going to paint my case, but I just never got around to it.

If you want to go the UV route give me a shout and we could work something out. It's kind of going to waste right now.
Banned
Dec 13, 2003
951 posts
2 upvotes
Carnage wrote:I've got a green can of UV reactive spray paint.

I was going to paint my case, but I just never got around to it.

If you want to go the UV route give me a shout and we could work something out. It's kind of going to waste right now.
How big is the can you have?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6288 posts
10 upvotes
Waterloo
Says 10oz/284g. About the size of an average can of spray paint.

Never been opened.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
Hmm, is this going to be a Cronic case mod? ;)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9779 posts
2050 upvotes
Toronto
What color does it turn when it ripens? Looks cool so far. I am sure the finsihed product will look great. Put a pearlized clear coat on it for added ripeness effect. :cheesygri
Banned
Dec 13, 2003
951 posts
2 upvotes
gh05t wrote:What color does it turn when it ripens? Looks cool so far. I am sure the finsihed product will look great. Put a pearlized clear coat on it for added ripeness effect. :cheesygri
Red of course!!!!!!!!!! lol....well it has a few coats of clear coat already as will the case panels. :cheesygri
Banned
Dec 13, 2003
951 posts
2 upvotes
hagbard wrote:Reminds me of farm machinery.
well they say nothing runs like a DEER
:D
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2004
2301 posts
*clap clap clap*

Way to go... Stylin'. :D
"Feelin' okay this mornin', and you know,
We're on the road to paradise...Here we go"
Banned
Mar 21, 2003
3085 posts
1 upvote
Hey that's great!

I've always thought PC's were so generic.. I love to see people actually taking to customizing and its even better when they do a nice job as yourself!

Make sure you post pics of the final product!
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
3356 posts
62 upvotes
Ontario
I don't like the color myself. But that looks like a nice paint job!
Banned
Dec 13, 2003
951 posts
2 upvotes
I am going to be workin on the panels today, might be able to get the window cut out today if I can borrow my friends jigsaw, I am going to be getting doeme round IDE cabled and a blue/green cathode from BFC, should look ok, should I keep the fan grilles chrome or paint them green or blue? :?:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9779 posts
2050 upvotes
Toronto
Mods are cool but take so much time especially when you want to do it right and neat. My brother's friend did his last summer and he painted it sunset orange and put a clear coat on it that made it look purple from the sides. Man that looks sick. And he did the same as you putting coat after coat and then sanding so the finish was extremely smooth.

Not sure if he put a flex base coat on it before but i know it is recommended for cars. Anyway your computer isn't going to be outside under the elements really.

Hope to see the finished product soon.
Dec 9, 2003
999 posts
1 upvote
lol wow
you have a HUUUUUUUUUGE case bud

nice colour so far