Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
3428 posts
2377 upvotes
Toronto

Going Rate for an Xbox 360

Hey guys, thinking of upgrading to a slim and kinect. What would a 360 without a hdd (using on my friends arcade now, not at home), but with one controller, power cable, component cable. It is a non-hdmi version.

If it's super minimal, would it be worth it to keep and hack. I dont even know what a Jtag is...

Thanks!
5 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
2599 posts
122 upvotes
$100 or less. The 360 you described has none of the features people want (HDD, HDMI) and is an older unit without warrenty support that is subject to failure. Also, the price of new 360s at $199 (at least for black friday) is just to cheap, maybe it would be worth more if new 360 were worth more.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
yah less then 100.. arcades go on sale for 149 cdn from time to time and with black friday/boxing day around the corner, it could be cheaper.

The 2nd hand 360 market is also tainted with banned consoles, and alot of them, which doesn't help your cause, you'res probably isn't banned, but there's so many out there, it'll make buyers think twice.
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2005
3160 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
zod wrote: yah less then 100.. arcades go on sale for 149 cdn from time to time and with black friday/boxing day around the corner, it could be cheaper.

The 2nd hand 360 market is also tainted with banned consoles, and alot of them, which doesn't help your cause, you'res probably isn't banned, but there's so many out there, it'll make buyers think twice.

Of course if OP is willing to prove that his isn't banned, he can advertise it as such and command a higher price.

FYI "old" arcades are being cleared out at $99 by stores that still have them in stock. I'd pay up to $80 for an unbanned old arcade, depending on its condition.

Also many lulz at people on craigslist trying to sell banned & modded pro's with 30 "games" for $300. While I'm so glad that most people would never touch that with a 10 foot pole, there's a sucker born every minute and someone is going to pay that much thinkin they're getting a deal.

Someone tried to sell my friend a banned console (only console, no accessories) for $80 this past weekend. Luckily he had the good sense to avoid it.
Aug 10, 2010
368 posts
169 upvotes
Calgary
All makes sense, I just sold my older model Pro 360 with 10 games for $160. That did include 20GB HDD & the games obviously. Sold through Kijiji.

Prices seemed be around $100 or slightly less for the basic console, and then up as periperhals or games were added. I was in the same boat selling off as I'd got a new slim one with switching to Telus. I threw in the older games to sweeten the deal, probably got me $40-50 more I'd say which seemed reasonable.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
3428 posts
2377 upvotes
Toronto
Well the console is not banned, and I can easily prove that so its not a problem. I'm going to try and see if I can get a Slim 4gb on thursday from amazon BF sale (I go to school in NY). Thanks for the replys guys!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)